Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 10:00 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,846,025 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Why is it so hard to admit that in a crowd of thousands that one or two people could yell out something like that? So what if it wasn't on THAT particular tape; that doesn't mean it didn't happen. Jeez, we've all seen racist stuff written on message boards like this one haven't we. It's not a stretch to believe that a few people in a crowd would act the same way as they do here.
Because there is video of him walking into the crowd and no one can be heard shouting the N word at him repeatedly like he says.

Please watch the video and point out the time on the video where people are shouting the n word at him
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2010, 10:03 AM

5,238 posts, read 8,793,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
This was caught on video tape and there is no N word shouted

I posted the video of him walking when he said it happened and you cant hear anyone shouting the n word at him repeatedly like he said happened.

Did you miss opening the link to see the actual video him walking and no shouting of the n word? A protester just happened to be recording him walking in. Guess he didnt consider that would be happening when he accused the people of shouting the n word at him. They are shouting kill the bill though

Please watch the video of him walking in and tell me when you hear anyone shouting the N word at him repeatedly
There are hundreds, maybe thousands of people. It was a long walk. You can hear very few actual statements plus a bunch of inaudible ones. Plus you can SEE PEOPLE YELLING BUT CAN'T HEAR WHAT THEY ARE SAYING.

Take the guy in the cowboy hat @ 0:28. What did he yell? Or green shirt lady @ 0:34? Or lady with American flag on her shirt @ 0:40-0:43? I see their mouths moving. What are they saying? What about, I don't know, the few hundred people on the other sides of the street. What are they yelling? I mean there's a video of them, uh, "proof" of what they are saying right?

Old 03-23-2010, 10:03 AM

2,713 posts, read 3,023,773 times
Quote:
John Lewis: Civil Rights Icon … and a Liar. | RedState

Can someone please point to the time on the tape that someone called him the N word?
maybe it was not caught on tape... but there is a obvious race issue in some circles in tea party.
To be fair there are black members of the tea party, and racism may be "just" 5-10%. But it's definately there just by looking at the signs, and some flags.

Old 03-23-2010, 10:08 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
The fact that this racial epithet was or was not captured on tape is not the issue. The issue is the fact that the Tea Party folks felt the need to stoop to that level.

Why not just acknowledge that racist element exists within the Tea Party movement and advocate for a less divisive tone to their rhetoric.

Hearsay Your Honor!

Old 03-23-2010, 10:12 AM

5,238 posts, read 8,793,158 times
Someone told me there are sharks in the ocean.

I went to the beach and saw no sharks there.

Therefore, there are no sharks in the ocean. That person that told me there are sharks is a liar.

Old 03-23-2010, 10:14 AM

79 posts, read 74,141 times
A 60 second video is supposed to dispel the racist element of the tea party? Give me a break.

Old 03-23-2010, 10:15 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
Kind of like the screams that "Obama and Rahm sent thugs out to the townhall meeting to beat folks up"? I'm still waiting for the video capturing this little tidbit.

OK...here you go.

Victim of Alleged SEIU Town Hall Assault in St. Louis Interviewed on Cavuto | NewsBusters.org

Old 03-23-2010, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post
There are hundreds, maybe thousands of people. It was a long walk. You can hear very few actual statements plus a bunch of inaudible ones. Plus you can SEE PEOPLE YELLING BUT CAN'T HEAR WHAT THEY ARE SAYING.

Take the guy in the cowboy hat @ 0:28. What did he yell? Or green shirt lady @ 0:34? Or lady with American flag on her shirt @ 0:40-0:43? I see their mouths moving. What are they saying? What about, I don't know, the few hundred people on the other sides of the street. What are they yelling? I mean there's a video of them, uh, "proof" of what they are saying right?
So you think he heard 1 voice over the thousands booing him and yelling kill the bill. He heard 1 single voice shouting the N word not just once but repeatedly but we cant hear it on the video. Ok
So you cant point to the exact time someone yelled the n repeatedly but we should assume even though you cant that it happened

Old 03-23-2010, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by File 2880 View Post
A 60 second video is supposed to dispel the racist element of the tea party? Give me a break.
No it should show the time in which one of them repeatedly called him the n word since he said it happened when he was walking in.

So you think minorities are attending tea parties that are racist against them?

Old 03-23-2010, 10:17 AM

79 posts, read 74,141 times
Quote:
So you think he heard 1 voice over the thousands booing him and yelling kill the bill. He heard 1 single voice shouting the N word not just once but repeatedly but we cant hear it on the video. Ok
So you cant point to the exact time someone yelled the n repeatedly but we should assume even though you cant that it happened
Why is the right so obsessed with trying to prove there is no racism polluting their party? You know the truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies