Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 11:14 AM

2,229 posts, read 1,685,933 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
Oy, ami I glad I didn't have you for a professor. That there high and mighty condescension, thats it, thats exactly what gets up my nose! You nailed it! On command, how cool is that. One question: when and where does any agency start a new employee at the median salary? BAM!

H (Provide factual infomation - 5)
Do you have a single source for your "$34,000" dollar statement. Or are you just blowing smoke? I provided my source, you provided diddly squat.

Here Ill post more facts.

USAJOBS - Search Jobs

Job requirements. College +1 year experience.

USAJOBS - Search Jobs

Job requirements. College +1 year experience.

Both of these jobs pay $68K starting.

You want to play with facts yet, or just continue rambling to avoid the fact that the IRS is requesting 10 Billion dollars to perform the duties of overseeing the new healthcare reform. (which you have avoided thus far)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2010, 11:21 AM

5,562 posts, read 5,681,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InnerI View Post
"In order to carry out its new monitoring and enforcement duties, the Congressional Budget Office estimated that the IRS will need $10 billion in additional funds, funds which were not made available under the health reform bill.

An analysis done by Republicans on the House Ways and Means Committee estimated that this $10 billion could go to fund an additional 16,500 new IRS agents and other personnel to monitor and enforce the new mandates.

“[T]he IRS could add more than 16,500 additional agents, auditors, examiners, and administrative support personnel to enforce large portions of the nation’s health insurance system,” the report said."
CNSNews.com - IRS to Enforce Health Reform (http://cnsnews.com/news/article/63181 - broken link)

I love it when I am right. It truly is amazing It really is. The insanity we have gone ourselves into.
Im speechless.

Old 03-23-2010, 11:52 AM

2,229 posts, read 1,685,933 times
Bump for all of the democrats on this board taking stabs at conservatives all day with anecdotes yet don't have the cajones to actually debate something of substance.

Step on up to the plate and be an adult.

Old 03-23-2010, 11:57 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,087,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
Oy, ami I glad I didn't have you for a professor. That there high and mighty condescension, thats it, thats exactly what gets up my nose! You nailed it! On command, how cool is that. One question: when and where does any agency start a new employee at the median salary? BAM!

H (Provide factual infomation - 5)
Um, they asked for $10 BILLION TODAY to hire 16,500 IRS agents.. you do the math..

Old 03-23-2010, 12:05 PM

268 posts, read 453,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarlilesiu View Post
Bump for all of the democrats on this board taking stabs at conservatives all day with anecdotes yet don't have the cajones to actually debate something of substance.

Step on up to the plate and be an adult.
Good luck with that. They resort to insults and attacks of character. Facts are just minor inconveniences. It's the way it's always been. I doubt it will ever change.

Old 03-23-2010, 12:18 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,926,125 times
You geniuses are the idiots. The agents will get 35K and their supervisors will get 100+K. A few regional commissioners might even get more. That's how it works. What is 10 Billion in the grand scheme of things? Really. Tell me. What was the Katrina damage toll? You don't think the IRS is using this as an o$$ortunity? I'm sure they are. Does that make health care reform wrong, because some are going to work the angles in their favor? Halliburton isn't working the Iraq War angles? The IRS? Wait till the Health Providers and the Insurance companies get up to speed on the angles to be worked. I'm told Medical Hardware is a sector especially vulnerable for exploitation. See, I'm not as dumb as I sound. I know what time it is. Time for a Change. One can hope that we will curtail the worst of the natural human tendecy towards self enrichment and better the lives of many.

H

Old 03-23-2010, 01:06 PM

1,842 posts, read 1,707,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InnerI View Post
"In order to carry out its new monitoring and enforcement duties, the Congressional Budget Office estimated that the IRS will need $10 billion in additional funds, funds which were not made available under the health reform bill.

An analysis done by Republicans on the House Ways and Means Committee estimated that this $10 billion could go to fund an additional 16,500 new IRS agents and other personnel to monitor and enforce the new mandates.

“[T]he IRS could add more than 16,500 additional agents, auditors, examiners, and administrative support personnel to enforce large portions of the nation’s health insurance system,” the report said."
CNSNews.com - IRS to Enforce Health Reform (http://cnsnews.com/news/article/63181 - broken link)
Well have them go out and find tax cheaters.

Old 03-23-2010, 01:09 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,973,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Is this PER YEAR? I guess there goes that $100B surplus from the bill..
Oh yes the CBO wouldn never factor in cost associated with collecting revenue! You caught their error!

Them R stoopid liberuls!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies