Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 12:44 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,767,183 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
I'm not sure who "you folks" are, but after seeing all the sad cases obama paraded around to get his bill passed, I must ask, are these sad cases of these 32 million more important than the sad cases of the small percent who will remain uncovered?

Why didn't obama do his job and get everyone covered?

Why is this a half-*ss bill that STILL leaves a few million people not covered?

Doesn't seem very caring to me and didn't obama want to care for the uncovered?

Doesn't add up......doesn't pass the smell test.
The only way to cover everybody... single payer/UHC. Do you support that, or, as I said earlier... just showing your crocodile tears?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2010, 12:45 PM

5,238 posts, read 8,771,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
no one knows what is in the bill. you would rather blindly change something to an unknown place
It's not a bill anymore. It's law. It's also posted on the internets. I believe you have access to that.

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/z?d111:H.R.3962:

Old 03-24-2010, 12:46 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,205,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
That not true. No one knows what of the bill will actually be implemented after our elected officials fight it out. And they will, over every single thing.
the bill is passed and is law, they fought it out for one year and we still do not know what is in it

Old 03-24-2010, 12:47 PM

5,238 posts, read 8,771,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
The only way to cover everybody... single payer/UHC. Do you support that, or, as I said earlier... just showing your crocodile tears?
Believe it or not, he's a disgruntled Hillary supporter.

Old 03-24-2010, 03:39 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,326,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davachka View Post
What about auto insurance? It is mandated right? So the opter shows up for medical care, goes home and dies? Do you really thank that is going to happen? National database? They still dont have electronic medical records linked up, they arent going to have a national database of opters. This is all science fiction and completely unrealistic.
Yes. A number of anti-health care reform posters on this forum have said that they would agree to this plan. So, let them.

Old 03-24-2010, 07:26 PM

19,784 posts, read 12,037,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post
I've actually worked with illegals. They actually end up paying more taxes than I did, because I can file for a return - they can't. Also they pay into Social Security and Medicare without receiving those benefits. They actually pay for our social programs. So, I'm not sure what you are talking about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post
Because THEY didn't file, doesn't mean illegals don't/can't file. Is that a fact that is difficult for you to comprehend?

Thanks for the laugh!

Old 03-24-2010, 07:33 PM

12,460 posts, read 20,035,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackTheRipper View Post
you've got to be kidding me..

FASCISM AT IT'S FINEST.
So if you get a very costly illness to treat and can't afford to pay for it can the people that actually pay for their health care let you die?

The "I don't want to get health insurance" crowd has been allowed to steal from those that do pay for their health care for decades. Time to stop reaching in other people's pockets....

Old 03-24-2010, 07:39 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,944,303 times
If you don't get health insurance, you will be sent to a concentration camp.

Old 03-25-2010, 12:17 AM

2,638 posts, read 6,009,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
I took my return to an IRS office and had them look at it and was told that I did not have to file...when I asked if he was sure he went to the back a brought out the regulation and showed it to me and even gave it to me to take home...

""they'll know you have income because you can't be broke and live here""

It's not if you have income with IRS, it's how much income you have...

And if I made what Wesley Snipes does I'd be glad to pay taxes...(:>)
Like I said. IRS and Franchise Tax Board are two different beasts. Don't EVER come to California. They will find a way to take money from you.

Old 03-25-2010, 07:34 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,197,274 times
Millions can afford insurance - yet don't have insurance now. Millions.

This group will continue to no get insurance and go underground -

I can't wait for the first criminal prosecution (as provided for in the legislation).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies