Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you like to see the U.S. split up?
Yes 40 37.04%
No 58 53.70%
Not sure 10 9.26%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 03:34 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,431,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusader14 View Post
Oh yes we are scared to death. Shaking in my boots there slick.
I wouldn't be surprised if you are. Racists are cowards.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2010, 03:36 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,282,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinkieMcGee View Post
As someone who is planning on doing that at a fairly young age, I disagree

It is very, very easy to **** on the poor when you have shelter via your parents.

Sorry to shatter your sense of reality, I used to be fairly libertarian until I grew up and figured out that the world is actually pretty complicated.

I mean, you're acting like I'm some dude that has never paid taxes or had to cover his own ass, which is so far off course I don't even really know what to tell you.
No sale on anything you just said.

Old 03-23-2010, 03:37 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,951,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I can't believe the health care bill has led to such hostile rhetoric and behavior (mostly from Republicans and Tea Partiers), but here we are.

Given the sharp divide in this country between Republicans and Democrats, would we be better off splitting up?
No, but it sure would be nice to see a bit of respect to the Constitution and to the individual liberties to which our people hold once in a while.

Also, there is no need to split up. Part of the people want to change our form of government to some sort of random ideal that fits their individual schemes, the other for the most part just wants people to respect the form of government we were founded on.

I would rather see those who are attempting to violate our system put under than give them part of it. They are not deserving of it if they will so freely trample the rights of others.

Old 03-23-2010, 03:39 PM

3,292 posts, read 4,474,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
No sale on anything you just said.
You are right, I'm going to go home and watch cable TV with my welfare queen friends. Obama betta pay mah mortgage!

FYI: If you've got time on your hands you're welcome to go back through my post history and find out if what I'm saying is bull****.

Old 03-23-2010, 03:41 PM

1,712 posts, read 3,103,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
I guarantee you won't be starting any white "homeland" in Washington state. We eat you racist punks for breakfast.

You prove the point that you and other leftist radicals are no better than the right radicals.

Playing right into his hands with the internet toughguy talk

Old 03-23-2010, 03:43 PM

2,735 posts, read 2,463,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Got a news flash for you: college campuses are literally overflowing with Ron Paulite libertarians rejecting Keynesian economic policies and central government. The old fashioned paradigm of young = liberal, old = conservative isn't taking hold anymore.
Ron Paul is differs from Democrats just as much as he differs from the Republicans, though. He is very much against the Patriot Act and the current foreign policy. Both started by the republican party and continued by the Democrats.

Old 03-23-2010, 03:44 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,157,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I can't believe the health care bill has led to such hostile rhetoric and behavior (mostly from Republicans and Tea Partiers), but here we are.

Given the sharp divide in this country between Republicans and Democrats, would we be better off splitting up?
Well, given how the people who think the Health Plan is a pretty good idea are living in fantasy land, then I think it's a good idea.

Old 03-23-2010, 03:47 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,385,663 times
Default Split up?

Because conservatives have been proven to be utter frauds and undeserving of ANY consideration? This country doesn't need the conservative segment. I think CONSERVATIVES should LEAVE the country. They are ineffective, divisive, and very, very bad for this country. The party of "No."

No split, just Conservatives need to get the boot!

Old 03-23-2010, 03:48 PM

6,292 posts, read 10,599,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVA1990 View Post
We don't need to. The right wing mindset is dying on the vine. With the ascendancy of the younger generation, liberalism will reign everywhere.

I hope not!

Old 03-23-2010, 03:49 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
Actually, if enough conservatives moved to one state, say, Texas, they would probably have an easier time splitting from the U.S. than trying to divide the entire country in half.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies