Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 12:08 AM

5,002 posts, read 12,354,936 times

Advertisements

Sen. Carl Levin and Claire McCaskill report that Republican efforts to undermine every procedural move and every committee action are now hurting national security, TWICE.

A top military commander from Korea was in Washington to apprise leadership of North Korean movements and rumors of popular resentment against the government of Kim Jong Il, aka Dear Leader. He couldn't report his findings to the Armed Services Committee, whom he scheduled a hearing with, because REPUBLICANS ranted and raved and stomped their feet like spoiled children. Get over it. You had your chance, FOR OVER 1 YEAR, to debate and reason with the government. Obama even lost his supermajority trying to work with you. Rather benevolent if you ask me. But no, you HAD to STOP US FROM HEARING VITAL INFORMATION RELATED TO NATIONAL SECURITY! The American people are TIRED OF YOUR BULL****!

The second example is McCaskill was going to hear reports and get information on trouble we're having in Afghanistan to train local police, a critical step to getting us the hell out of there one day (they ain't becoming the 51st state, that's for sure). Why couldn't she meet? Mitch McConnell said he wouldn't waver on the objections on government affairs, and continued the blockade on committee action.

SO tell me, REPUBLICANS, why are these NATIONAL SECURITY efforts NOT in the best interest of all of us? How does this help with your STUPID and FAILED efforts to block health care reform and continue your agenda of "**** your neighbor" style capitalism?

Last edited by CaseyB; 03-25-2010 at 12:57 PM.. Reason: flaming

Old 03-25-2010, 12:28 AM

132 posts, read 89,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eskercurve View Post
Sen. Carl Levin and Claire McCaskill report that Republican efforts to undermine every procedural move and every committee action are now hurting national security, TWICE.

A top military commander from Korea was in Washington to apprise leadership of North Korean movements and rumors of popular resentment against the government of Kim Jong Il, aka Dear Leader. He couldn't report his findings to the Armed Services Committee, whom he scheduled a hearing with, because REPUBLICANS ranted and raved and stomped their feet like spoiled children. Get over it. You had your chance, FOR OVER 1 YEAR, to debate and reason with the government. Obama even lost his supermajority trying to work with you. Rather benevolent if you ask me. But no, you HAD to STOP US FROM HEARING VITAL INFORMATION RELATED TO NATIONAL SECURITY! The American people are TIRED OF YOUR BULL****!

The second example is McCaskill was going to hear reports and get information on trouble we're having in Afghanistan to train local police, a critical step to getting us the hell out of there one day (they ain't becoming the 51st state, that's for sure). Why couldn't she meet? Mitch McConnell said he wouldn't waver on the objections on government affairs, and continued the blockade on committee action.

SO tell me, REPUBLICANS, why are these NATIONAL SECURITY efforts NOT in the best interest of all of us? How does this help with your STUPID and FAILED efforts to block health care reform and continue your agenda of "**** your neighbor" style capitalism?

If you ask me every one of you deserve a bullet to the brain.

You shouldn't have said that... now you are stooping to their level.
Makes me wonder if you are a Democrat, because that is not our MO.

President Obama has had the utmost integrity dealing with these people who have been threatening people's lives. We should follow his example and exhibit Class and Dignity... they don't know how to fight those weapons. Peace

Old 03-25-2010, 12:33 AM

22,180 posts, read 19,449,121 times
Quote:

I was going to rep you until I saw that last line. Absolutely no need for that kind of reprehensible garbage.

Old 03-25-2010, 12:34 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,917,108 times
Quote:
.....If you ask me every one of you deserve a bullet to the brain.
Are you making direct threats of violence?

Old 03-25-2010, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
I was going to rep you until I saw that last line. Absolutely no need for that kind of reprehensible garbage.

Not excusing the poster, but the Repubs have threatened the lives of Democrats to the extent they need protection.
I guess everyone is angry. The GOP more than anyone.

Old 03-25-2010, 12:37 AM

7,411 posts, read 10,382,016 times
Agree that Americans should never sloop to the level of the Republican teabag thugs. Yahoos are grabbing their guns & talking "revolution." Democrats are for rule of law and civilized behavior. Nobody deserves a "bullet in the head" except those executed for the murder of Americans. The FBI is bracing for a serious terrorist attack and sadly it will come from the radicals in the Republican party. Timothy McVeigh all over again.

Old 03-25-2010, 12:41 AM

22,180 posts, read 19,449,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardonaye View Post
Not excusing the poster, but the Repubs have threatened the lives of Democrats to the extent they need protection.
I guess everyone is angry. The GOP more than anyone.
That is true, but it doesn't give the poster the right to stoop to their level.

Old 03-25-2010, 12:55 AM

3,633 posts, read 5,786,575 times
Quote:

National security?.....you mean like the wars going on in far away places when we have so many terrorists blowing stuff up over here and our borders are wide open?...lol....great strategy.....i guess all the muslims and arabs that currently live here are too much out of hand so we need all this security and control over the people right while they take away our gun rights....well Obama hasn't taken those rights away yet but he is for gun control in a time where we need to fight terror....makes great sense....don't let the public have an ability to defend themselves because daddy and mommy will control the people and establish "national security" ....if that is what u want to name it

Old 03-25-2010, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorRob305 View Post
National security?.....you mean like the wars going on in far away places when we have so many terrorists blowing stuff up over here and our borders are wide open?...lol....great strategy.....i guess all the muslims and arabs that currently live here are too much out of hand so we need all this security and control over the people right while they take away our gun rights....well Obama hasn't taken those rights away yet but he is for gun control in a time where we need to fight terror....makes great sense....don't let the public have an ability to defend themselves because daddy and mommy will control the people and establish "national security" ....if that is what u want to name it

Sounds like a racist remark. There is nothing wrong with Muslims and Arabs.
I'd rather have them as neighbors anyday than the likes of Timothy McVeigh .. he killed innocent people in his own country.

Old 03-25-2010, 01:17 AM

3,633 posts, read 5,786,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardonaye View Post
Sounds like a racist remark. There is nothing wrong with Muslims and Arabs.
I'd rather have them as neighbors anyday than the likes of Timothy McVeigh .. he killed innocent people in his own country.

Exactly...i was pointing out that there is no need for all this control over people because nothing is going on in the U.S. as far as a war of terror or terror attacks to the point of locking up society with a Patriot Act and killing thousands of innocents in Afghanistan...it's all a set up by our government to control us through fear of "terrorists" so we will all go along willingly with any new form of security/control in the name of "fighting terror"...it's a deception
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies