U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 05:20 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,474 posts, read 15,170,288 times

Advertisements

NYT: Pope failed to defrock sex abuse priest - The New York Times- msnbc.com

Heh. Interesting to note, if you're a female teacher that sleeps with a kid, and you're hot, you get probation.

If you're not a hot female teacher, you get years of jail time. Or male.

If you're a gay priest getting it from 200 deaf boys, you write a quick note to the (now) Pope and say, "Look man, I just want to live out the rest of my priesthood in dignity. Oh, yeah, I totally repent and stuff."

BAM! Good to go.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2010, 05:55 AM

17,844 posts, read 13,742,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post

Heh. Interesting to note, if you're a female teacher that sleeps with a kid, and you're hot, you get probation.

If you're a gay priest getting it from 200 deaf boys, you write a quick note to the (now) Pope and say, "Look man, I just want to live out the rest of my priesthood in dignity. Oh, yeah, I totally repent and stuff."

BAM! Good to go.
He was a pedophile priest, not a "gay" priest. "Pedophile" does not equal "gay" just because the victims were of the same gender. The majority of pedophiles will molest children of either gender- it depends on their access to children. In the case of priests, their access to boys is much greater than their access to girls. It's the age and innocence of the child that attracts them. {shudder}

But the story of the cover up disgusts me as much as the acts of this predator.

Old 03-25-2010, 06:05 AM

24,626 posts, read 27,177,619 times
Big problems in Europe with this, too.
The pope said he was sorry to the Irish, not well received.
Now the Germans are up in arms about the pedophiles and the pope's excusing the behavior.

The church needs to lose all of its artwork to pay restitution to these people.

Old 03-25-2010, 06:25 AM

41,477 posts, read 56,968,177 times
There apparently no limit to the protection offered by this male dominated organization to its deviant membership. Like a Catholic friend of mine once said, "I thought the all did it." Maybe they all do and are just using their religious power over the believers to avoid any repercussions for their pedophilia.

I wonder why civil charges are not pressed by secular authority as molesting childern is a criminal activity. Do priests have immunity from civil Law? Why are the children or their parents suing for physical and mental damage?

Old 03-25-2010, 07:55 AM

2,083 posts, read 3,954,592 times
Like the priest said.."a good man is hard to find but a hard man is around every corner"

Old 03-25-2010, 11:48 AM

25,153 posts, read 51,886,725 times
LOL he wasn't gay.

Quote:

BAM! Good to go.

Old 03-25-2010, 01:20 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,474 posts, read 15,170,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
LOL he wasn't gay.
He was a homosexual pedophile.

Old 03-25-2010, 01:23 PM

971 posts, read 1,235,474 times
typical catholic

Old 03-25-2010, 01:24 PM

3,336 posts, read 4,903,575 times
No Catholic can defend these scumbags. I certainly don't. To take advantage of a trusted position in society and use it for evil deserves a one-way ticket to hell.

Old 03-25-2010, 01:29 PM

25,153 posts, read 51,886,725 times
We know you are having issues but must you take it out on a helpless minority group?

Quote:
He was a homosexual pedophile.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies