Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 02:43 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,281,090 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixscorpiogirl View Post
Could this country be heading towards another revolution?
More like dissolution. I think Americans just want to be left alone. If that means regions splitting up from a broke and impotent DC, so be it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2010, 02:46 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,184,746 times
Eric Cantor's (R-Va.) Office shot at
A matter for the FBI to gather all the evidence and launch an investigation.

Old 03-25-2010, 02:47 PM

11,760 posts, read 14,652,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Rep. Stupak said the pro-abortion left made life a living hell for his family, when he was still holding out with a "NO" vote.

“How’s it been? Like a living hell,” Stupak said.

The telephone lines in his Washington and district offices have been “jammed” and he’s gotten more than 1,500 faxes and countless e-mails — most of which he says don’t come from his constituents.

The fight has taken a toll on his wife, who has disconnected the phone in their home to avoid harassment.

“All the phones are unplugged at our house — tired of the obscene calls and threats. She won’t watch TV,” Stupak said during an hourlong interview with The Hill in his Rayburn office. “People saying they’re going to spit on you and all this. That’s just not fun.”

Stupak: Health fight has been 'living hell’ - TheHill.com

Yup, those would be members of his democratic party, but we did not hear the members of congress and the media flooding the airwaves, trying to paint a bad picture of the supporters of 0bama's bill, its clear they have an agenda now.
Isn't that funny? It seems to me that it was only a week ago that you conservatives were gleefully celebrating the way the congressional switchboard had been shut down by being flooded by calls from dittoheads.

Old 03-25-2010, 02:48 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,281,090 times
At the rate these threats are occurring, it will quickly overwhelm the FBI's ability to properly investigate. Some may be captured, but far from all.

Old 03-25-2010, 02:49 PM

89,006 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
I was asking you and by this post, you are explaining their justification. The Majority opposed the war, but it still occured. Its an excuse pure and simple and reckless statements such as that can make those who don't have the sense they should have believe they are justified in their behavior. Its wreckless and dangerous.
It's also wreckless and dangerous to continue governing in a manner in which the majority of the population disapproves, but that's not stopping Obama and Congress, is it?

Old 03-25-2010, 02:51 PM

89,006 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
At the rate these threats are occurring, it will quickly overwhelm the FBI's ability to properly investigate. Some may be captured, but far from all.
The tipping point...

Old 03-25-2010, 02:55 PM

37,971 posts, read 22,147,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Wait a min now from what I read Cantor blamed democrats for fueling the flames. He didnt say its democrats fault or that democrats did it. Cantor was saying that he gets threats all the time and he doesnt alert the media that each time he gets a threatening phone call. To me there is a difference in saying democrats are fueling the flame and blaming democrats for causing it. Now if you have a story that hes saying that. Then I agree but democrats do seem to be taking a bit of advantage of this.

Then you have democrats sending out emails asking for money because of the attacks is kinda suspicious.
Its S.O.P.

Old 03-25-2010, 02:55 PM

11,760 posts, read 14,652,372 times
There is reason to be somewhat skeptical of what might have happened here.

From the Richmond Police Department's press release:

Quote:
A preliminary investigation shows that a bullet was fired into the air and struck the window in a downward direction, landing on the floor about a foot from the window. The round struck with enough force to break the windowpane but did not penetrate the window blinds. There was no other damage to the room, which is used occasionally for meetings by the congressman.
I don't think anyone should be shooting in or around a congressman's office, or anywhere else within the city limits for that matter (which is in part why I'm in favor of gun control).

I also don't think anyone should be using or threatening to use force or violence against any government official, regardless of which party they may represent. I guess I disagree with many of the conservative posters around here on this point.

Still, the idea that someone shot a bullet into the air, and that it broke the window in a conference room that Cantor sometimes uses on its downward trajectory, is not necessarily convincing evidence that he was targeted for political violence.

I still think that the case should be investigated and whoever is found to have done it should be prosecuted and punished. And no matter who it was, you won't be seeing any "In Loving Memory" posts about him from me.

Old 03-25-2010, 03:00 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,184,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
So, why bother to investigate?

Old 03-25-2010, 03:05 PM

37,971 posts, read 22,147,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
Isn't that funny? It seems to me that it was only a week ago that you conservatives were gleefully celebrating the way the congressional switchboard had been shut down by being flooded by calls from dittoheads.
...and your point? I fail to see what vulgar and abusive phone calls from pro-choice nutbags, turning the lives of a congressman and his family into a "a living hell" , have anything in common with people calling the white house switchboard, to ask to speak to their representatives in congress. Do you purposefully go out of your way to not get it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies