Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 01:12 PM

11,411 posts, read 7,806,429 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
I will leave the name calling to you and those like you. Unless you know for a FACT who these people are, your claims are just as baseless and ignorant as another poster in this very same thread that chooses their words to flame instead of common sense. I do not need to placate ANYONE on this thread not even YOU.
CLAP, CLAP, CLAP. What a refreshing voice of reason!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2010, 01:23 PM

470 posts, read 462,021 times
"I will leave the name calling to you and those like you. Unless you know for a FACT who these people are, your claims are just as baseless and ignorant as another poster in this very same thread that chooses their words to flame instead of common sense. I do not need to placate ANYONE on this thread not even YOU."-------------------------------------------------------------------------Hey BalckandProud, your posts in this thread speak very well of reason. You are exactly right as well as some other posters here. This is completely silly and it is getting out of control on BOTH sides of the aisle. It needs to stop and we as Americans need to be civilized about the problems we are all facing. I'm sure it can be done as long as the fringe groups from both sides are not invited. We, as RATIONAL Americans, regardless of your political affiliation, should be able to sit down and see eye to eye and make compromises on both side's part and come together as a nation of AMERICANS in solving our country's problems. I hope that can happen at some point.

Old 03-25-2010, 01:26 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
People who do things like this are crazy and out of control...I do understand that some people get angry after they will loose their job due to this health care bill and the consequences of the bill...but use words and stay decent...threats are never a way to get things done.

I admire how Cantor is handling this issue and not the way the Dem. are making it out to be...do the Dem. want to blame all Rep. for a hand full of stupid people...

Old 03-25-2010, 01:28 PM

3,047 posts, read 2,826,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
That's funny that you think 99% of this violence and craziness isn't coming from the right??

I don't know who you think you are fooling but we know damn well where this is coming from.

Right wing goons indoctrinated with right wing hate.

A classic example of incitement.

Old 03-25-2010, 01:31 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,537,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
People who do things like this are crazy and out of control...I do understand that some people get angry after they will loose their job due to this health care bill and the consequences of the bill...but use words and stay decent...threats are never a way to get things done.

I admire how Cantor is handling this issue and not the way the Dem. are making it out to be...do the Dem. want to blame all Rep. for a hand full of stupid people...

wait but isn't that what Cantor did? Blamed the Democrats for the actions of those that shot at his office? Come on. If Cantor had come out and made his speach without adding on its the Democrats fault, I would agree with you, but No I can't. Both sides will continue to play up to those that will ONLY see things one way, and thats their way.

Old 03-25-2010, 01:31 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,846,025 times
Quote:
And just because the Democrats have the majority does NOT negate the Republicans responsibility to do their JOBS. At your company, if you witness another employee slacking off or acting like a juvenile, do you follow suite? We are paying these people to not only represent us, but to do their Jobs. What they've done is played up to the media, made a mockery (EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM) out of those of us that voted them in.
I agree republicans have to do their job but when they are in such a minority what more can they really do besides offer ideas and solutions.

I agree with the rest that both arent doing their job as in both sides can be hypocrites. I dont trust the republicans anymore then I can throw them but right now i feel I must use them to try and get something I want.

Do I think they got it as in that America is sick of the spending, lying to us, that we want real change as in them really working together to stop insulting. Stop lying to us well you get the point. No I dont know they get it. I dont think either party gets it

I personally am more concerned with the citizens of this country and how we act towards each other and the mentality of this country because there is more of us then them. If we can come together then they will have no choice but do their jobs.

Right now politicians are just using us to promote their own goals which is to keep control of us little people. We are ignoring them and fighting each other. So they are going to throw fuel to the fire and they do that

Old 03-25-2010, 01:33 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,951,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Post like this is part of the problem.Talking like this do you think its going to help bring the nation together or further divide
I would say that his type of remarks are the main contributor to the issues. Many conflicts in history were caused by ignorant people making accusations to who was responsible without having any clue as to the truth of the matter. They are always the first to shout and make the accusation, and usually the first to run for cover after conflict results from their antagonism.

Old 03-25-2010, 01:39 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,537,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
I agree republicans have to do their job but when they are in such a minority what more can they really do besides offer ideas and solutions.

I agree with the rest that both arent doing their job as in both sides can be hypocrites. I dont trust the republicans anymore then I can throw them but right now i feel I must use them to try and get something I want.

Do I think they got it as in that America is sick of the spending, lying to us, that we want real change as in them really working together to stop insulting. Stop lying to us well you get the point. No I dont know they get it. I dont think either party gets it

I personally am more concerned with the citizens of this country and how we act towards each other and the mentality of this country because there is more of us then them. If we can come together then they will have no choice but do their jobs.

Right now politicians are just using us to promote their own goals which is to keep control of us little people. We are ignoring them and fighting each other. So they are going to throw fuel to the fire and they do that

I had to rep you for this one. This is exactly what I've been saying and why I state they are getting paid to do absolutely nothing, I mean why should they?

Old 03-25-2010, 01:41 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,282,893 times

Old 03-25-2010, 01:46 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,846,025 times
Quote:
[/b][/u]

I had to rep you for this one. This is exactly what I've been saying and why I state they are getting paid to do absolutely nothing, I mean why should they?
Its also come from years of ignoring them which sends them the clear message of do whatever you want.

We need to take a stand together on things like No corruption from either side if its your side no excuses call for them to be removed for example

When it comes to spending because we all want different things on spending we can agree that 1st we must have a balanced budget if we have that then we can work on finding money for programs that both sides wants.

Its not hard we make it hard. We make it I'm right your wrong. We have to start looking at it like a marriage if you ask me we wont always agree but we agree to do whats best for the marriage ( country)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies