Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2010, 10:29 PM

4,604 posts, read 8,231,205 times

Advertisements

Quote:
How many other businesses like these two will suffer massive expenses like this? How soon will slashing jobs follow?
Well, there's goes those mid-western jobs. So much for bringing jobs back to Michigan. ....oh wait, that was just campaign rhetoric.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2010, 11:01 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,503,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tejano2828 View Post
For far too long companies like John Deere have been circumventing the Tax system to BENEFIT THEM....they've been riding the wave too long...it's time to pay up.
Yep, by shifting production overseas where they aren't subject to the predatory tax policies of this country.

Old 03-25-2010, 11:32 PM

2,476 posts, read 2,603,629 times
Destruction of the U.S. in full Obama swing!!

Old 03-25-2010, 11:38 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,939,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrymac View Post
Destruction of the U.S. in full Obama swing!!
Do you honestly believe that the United States is going to be destroyed by healthcare reform? I feel bad for you if so, because you obviously have little faith in your country.

Old 03-25-2010, 11:42 PM

4,003 posts, read 10,840,583 times
Why is it so difficult to grasp that companies do not pay taxes? I own two businesses, neither of which pays a penny in tax. All we do is collect it from YOU on behalf of the government via our services! Do you really think myself, or any business owner is just going to eat thousands(or millions) of dollars because of a new tax? Prices will be raised accordingly, and never doubt that for a second.

Old 03-25-2010, 11:48 PM

2,476 posts, read 2,603,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunks_galore View Post
Do you honestly believe that the United States is going to be destroyed by healthcare reform? I feel bad for you if so, because you obviously have little faith in your country.

Lets see.
Every state that has tried Universal H.C. has see it double or triple or more from there original cost estimates.
Sooooo this H.C. is suppose to cost 900 billion or so?...Hmmmm double/triple oh boy......a few trillion over budget guaranteed,so yes this country can be destroyed....We already have no cash.

Your post shows how lost you really are!

Old 03-25-2010, 11:51 PM

4,002 posts, read 3,904,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tejano2828 View Post
For far too long companies like John Deere have been circumventing the Tax system to BENEFIT THEM....they've been riding the wave too long...it's time to pay up.
Of course it is ... and it will be the "insured employees" that will be paying, either through benefit cutbacks or increased premiums or both.

With that being said, let me ask you .. "How's all of that Hope and Change working for you these days?" ...

Best of luck to you when you open your next insurance bill .. you might want to be sitting down when you open it, because the "change" will most likely cause you to lose a bit of your "hope" ..

Old 03-26-2010, 12:36 AM

1,125 posts, read 1,590,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James420 View Post
Let the government pay for it, make prostitution and Marijuana legal and tax it. Ohhh wait thats too smart and easy, some religous right idiot might get offended.

Me, a nitwit from Delaware just solved the healthcare problem, next.
Well, at least one part of your post was right.

Old 03-26-2010, 05:09 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I sure hope you aren't an English teacher.
I agree.. Do you see me online proclaiming to be an expert in grammer or spelling?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Oh, cut the crap! I'm fed up with hearing that all Democrats are living on government subsidies.
Arent you the poster who didnt even know that the bill required one to buy insurance or pay a fine?

Old 03-26-2010, 05:13 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacredgrooves View Post
Why is it so difficult to grasp that companies do not pay taxes? I own two businesses, neither of which pays a penny in tax. All we do is collect it from YOU on behalf of the government via our services! Do you really think myself, or any business owner is just going to eat thousands(or millions) of dollars because of a new tax? Prices will be raised accordingly, and never doubt that for a second.
Haha... ooohh, the humor.. I dont know if I can stop laughing today.

While costs are passed onto the consumer, what happens when you have to raise your prices to the point that its cheaper for your consumer to buy your product from another country?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies