Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 11:05 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
i wish somebody would post here. just got back after praying to my guardian angels to help Jet. i have many. I'm an old fart and look at life from another angle than most .anyway i hope they can help as they have helped me. even if they need to abandon me.
Yes, I hope Jet gets well, too. She's the same age as my older daughter (FWIW).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2010, 11:11 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,029,439 times
Thanks Kat. am sad how this thread has gone

Old 03-26-2010, 11:55 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOhioBound View Post
I never said they are 100% healthy- trust me- they have had some issues, but have managed to pay for all medical care thus far, and some pretty big stuff.

House is paid for and it is family owned/ran business so employees will have hard time taking their parents money
Anyway, it may not be ideal, but they don't WANT insurance as the OP asked about
Yup. It's nice to have a lot of money, you can do all sorts of things that others can't.

I can't imangine anyone not WANTING insurance, they just don't want to spend the money on it. I doubt too many people are saying "no thanks" when it's offered at little to no cost by their employers for example.

Old 03-27-2010, 12:02 AM

4,978 posts, read 9,514,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysB View Post
I'll agree with your responses to the thread. The progressive crowd really just does not get it no matter how many times or ways it is explained.

I think it would be great if everybody had some kind of health care coverage included federal assistance to those who need it. But it is just NOT governments place to become that insurance company or to mandate citizens to purchase insurance.

Reps...
Exactly! Health insurance is hell, and pre-existing conditions, and other monopolizing criteria are just not right. What other business can take your money then turn you away because they deem something not covered?

But to turn over the private sector to the government, THIS government, is not the answer. It is a horrible thought to have the government taking one more thing from the citizens. I cannot imagine having my taxes go up any more than they are. Soon, it won't pay to work. I am tired of paying for other people.

And how would they ever enforce this with all of the illegals? The government doesn't know who is here or where, so they can't make them pay or even fine them. So you and I, the American taxpayers, who paid for them all along, will now be forced to pay more.

Old 03-27-2010, 12:09 AM

11,449 posts, read 14,466,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Thats quite an assumption..
That's funny to hear you saying that, considering that is usually the crux of most right wing talking points (about the uninsured.)

Old 03-27-2010, 10:35 AM

8,630 posts, read 9,137,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
No not fooled at all.
It is the people who believe the lie that uninsured people can't get healthcare that have been fooled.
The latest Healthcare Bill does not address the problem. It complicates it and makes it even more expensive.
I wish you never ever have to go through what I'm going through as we chat. My wife is very ill and can not ever, before the bill, get insured unless we pay about $3000 per month. An absolute American nightmare. Have you ever had a child or spouse slowly die on you because of the lack of treatment or half assed treatment, the stress involved with all family members, the cleaned out bank accounts? I think not, a matter of fact I'm sure you haven't. Live that life and post back and stay healthy.

Old 03-27-2010, 11:10 AM

1,062 posts, read 1,127,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
I wish you never ever have to go through what I'm going through as we chat. My wife is very ill and can not ever, before the bill, get insured unless we pay about $3000 per month. An absolute American nightmare. Have you ever had a child or spouse slowly die on you because of the lack of treatment or half assed treatment, the stress involved with all family members, the cleaned out bank accounts? I think not, a matter of fact I'm sure you haven't. Live that life and post back and stay healthy.
I don't think it will cost less . I am a healthy woman and insurance is 700 a month just for me . Did it say in the law that a lower price will be paid ? I have a hard time finding information. What do you think it will be like when this law kicks in?

Old 03-27-2010, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymie View Post
I don't think it will cost less . I am a healthy woman and insurance is 700 a month just for me . Did it say in the law that a lower price will be paid ? I have a hard time finding information. What do you think it will be like when this law kicks in?
I, personally, believe changes will happen to this bill with-in 4 years. For my wife, she'll will (I hope) be able to enter a high risk pool for those with pre conditions that are affordable in six months, that is what I've been told and read in the bill. That is if she is denied again for SSDI coverage-medicare, in which we are confident she will receive, but you just never know and that really is the problem with the US healthcare delivery system. It's enough to make the healthy spouse sick sometimes.

Old 03-27-2010, 05:19 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
I wish your wife the best.

Old 03-27-2010, 05:20 PM

Thanks, Katiana.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies