Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2010, 10:49 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,129,785 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by James420 View Post
I'm sure I missed something, what major legislation did he pass in his first year if he did, my fault I must have missed it.

Whether I agree on Obamacare is irrevelent he got it done and I give him props for that, but he should of got it done six months ago, not last week.

I realize he was voted in office, would he of won two weeks ago? I'm not sure. I think his first and only priority should have been fixing the banks. You can't just throw billions of dollars at a problem and not reform the problem that got us here. I can't stand Michael Moore but his new movie has a lot truth in it and its not just Bush's problem either.Obama has blame also.
It's more complicated than it looks, in real life
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2010, 11:09 AM

4,877 posts, read 4,504,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James420 View Post
I remember Bush's first few years after Clinton and all I heard was "It's Clintons fault" Our economy tanked six years after Clinton left office and guys like Limbaugh and Hannity blamed Clinton. Let's face it, Bush got the republicans killed in '08 and voters decided all republicans were idiots like him, it was a mandate. Obama basically did nothing his first year, thats not Bush's fault, Was Dubya solely responsible for this countries economic collapse? Of course he wasn't. All that said, Obama has yet to prove he's the right man for the job.
So what about Limbaugh and Hannity.

You didn't hear Bush blaming Clinton. Not publicly at least. He wouldn't even blame him during the campaign. That made a lot of republicans mad.

See the difference? Limbaugh is a radio guy. Biden is an elected "servant"

Old 03-28-2010, 11:11 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,434,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post

You didn't hear Bush blaming Clinton. Not publicly at least. He wouldn't even blame him during the campaign. That made a lot of republicans mad.

Old 03-28-2010, 11:12 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,414,339 times
Quote:

Radio guys seem to have taken a political seat lately.
They are not elected and they have no political authority.

Yet..many seem to think they run the party.

They are TALK SHOW HOSTS.

Is Oprah the spokesperson for the Dems ?

Old 03-28-2010, 11:15 AM

4,829 posts, read 6,926,521 times
Quote:

Biden is an elected "servant"

We no longer have servants of the people, we have dictators, despots, autocrats. The people in DC vote for what serves them best rather than what serves the people.

blowoutcongress.com

Old 03-28-2010, 11:58 AM

8,867 posts, read 5,359,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Radio guys seem to have taken a political seat lately.
They are not elected and they have no political authority.

Yet..many seem to think they run the party.
How do they do this?

Last I heard they got on the radio and TV and talked. How does this equate to running a party? Do they have say so as to who candidates are?

Old 03-28-2010, 12:02 PM

30,052 posts, read 18,641,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
As long as your discussing blaming someone for death. Who has taken responsibility for the death and suffering of a war that the Bush Crime Family lied us into?
I think that Bush took responsibility for those two wars.

Now what has Obama taken responsibility for? Nothing! What a joke of a president. Everything is someone else's fault. I thought the president was supposed to lead, not duck for cover and try to find a scapegoat for failures. He will be blaming Bush when they bury him for having an oak, not a walnut, casket.

Old 03-28-2010, 12:35 PM

170 posts, read 270,720 times
[quote=John1960;13484678]Vice President Joe Biden, in a visit to George W. Bush's hometown, said Friday that President Barack Obama's ability to sell his agenda to Americans has been hampered by the failures of his predecessor.

Speaking at two Dallas fundraisers, Biden said the Bush administration soured the American people on government and politics with its out-of-control spending, severe job losses and mishandling of two wars.

Biden is an Idiot. Their whole campaign was all about "CHANGE" They didn't run against McCain they ran against Bush. Maybe the American people are starting to wake up and realize this agenda is not the "CHANGE" they wanted. Does he really think Obama is controlling spending and keeping Americans employed?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies