Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2010, 05:33 AM

10,719 posts, read 20,296,391 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacNW transplant View Post
Sudan is mostly Arab. Sudan is considered an Arab country and is a member of the Arab league.

Arabs are a heterogenous groups. Anyone whos mother tongue is Arabic is considered an Arab. The original Arabs are those from the Arabian peninsula and then there are those people who got Islamicised/Arabized by invaders from the Arabian peninsula. This is why Egypt,Sudan and North Africa speak Arabic as their official language, even though they are for the most part not racially Arab.
Speaking Arabic doesn't make one Arabic just like Indians in India speaking English doesn't make them English. Sudanese are Muslims and speak Arabic but they are not Arabs. Being Arabic involves a distinct culture and way of life that is associated with members of the Arabian peninsula. Somalia is a member of the Arab league. Do you consider Somalians Arabic?

Old 03-29-2010, 05:47 AM

438 posts, read 503,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
Speaking Arabic doesn't make one Arabic just like Indians in India speaking English doesn't make them English. Sudanese are Muslims and speak Arabic but they are not Arabs. Being Arabic involves a distinct culture and way of life that is associated with members of the Arabian peninsula.
Speaking Arabic as your mother tongue is part of what makes one Arab. You Indian analogy is wrong because you are assuming that what is accepted as identity in 1 culture is the same for other cultures.

Here is a BBC article on Arab Sudan and non Arab Christian and Animist Sudan.
BBC News - Sudan country profile

Iraqis,Egyptians, Libyans, Palestinians,Syrians and Lebanese are considered Arab but they are descended from non Arab ethnicities who got assimilated and intermixed to varying degrees with Arab invaders from the peninsula.

So there is Arab and then there is Arab.

Old 03-29-2010, 06:48 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,853,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace0101 View Post
Whites becoming minority in our own country.

It was whites who created the bill of rights, the constitution, the rules and laws, and now we are going to become the minority. I suppose its racist of me to not be happy about this. Whites are becoming a minority in Europe, also.

Thus, I want to ask a question: What will be the future of the white race? how can we prevent a white minority in white nations?

My solution:

1. Stop interracial marriage. The first, most important step. A white and black creates a black.

2. stop non-white immigration

3. Urge whites to reproduce more,

this is not racist. All races want to take care of their own race, and the future of the race. Whites must do so too,

Births to Minorities Approach a Majority - New York Times

In the latest sign of the nation's shifting racial and ethnic composition, births to Asian, black and Hispanic women in the United States are on the verge of surpassing births to non-Hispanic whites.

Minorities accounted for 48 percent of all births in the nation in the 12 months that ended in July 2008. While it will most likely take years for health statisticians to confirm precisely when the 50 percent benchmark will have been reached, demographers said it could occur this year. Depending on variables like the recession, which has depressed birth rates, it will almost certainly happen within a year or two, they said.

''It looks like 'majority' births would drop below 50 percent around 2012,'' said Carl Haub, senior demographer for the Population Reference Bureau.

As recently as 1990, non-Hispanic whites accounted for almost two-thirds of births.

The Census Bureau estimates that minorities will constitute a majority of the nation's overall population in about three decades and a majority of Americans under age 18 in about one decade.
I think your real fear is of the continued demise of the Racist Race.

Old 03-29-2010, 07:13 AM

6,342 posts, read 11,087,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I think your real fear is of the continued demise of the Racist Race.
What you are implying is that all caucasians are racist based upon the rant of one moron. Is this correct? I hate to be the bearer of bad news but racism exists in most cultures around the world. This is precisely why many cultures often times forbid marrying outside of one's own immediate culture. Racism is not mutually exclusive to countries dominated by white people.

Old 03-29-2010, 07:13 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,778,277 times
Here's to the demise of the "Racist Race".

Human beings are NOT DOGS or CATTLE to be judged by their breeding.

Old 03-29-2010, 07:20 AM

7,085 posts, read 12,054,512 times
Life must suck when you're in Stormfront, much to laughter of the rest of us.

Old 03-29-2010, 07:24 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,858,570 times
Are you worried about red heads? they are reported to be declining. Maybe we should have a breed the red heads program. Let save their DNA so we can clone them. Better yet we can freeze them so we will always have some around... guess we can do the same thing for white people. There are plenty of genes that we would be fine without. why worry about the amount of pigment in ones skin? seems you focus on the most insignificant point of a human. I'm trying to remember what pigment has gained us.... racism, genocide, ignorance, hmmm maybe it is best to blend it all together. But then there are some that would find some other attribute to focus on, long toes, bumps on noses (those are a trait of french Kings... we all know how bad they are), long hair...oppps we did that in the 60's, Maybe if white disappeared pettiness would too.

Old 03-29-2010, 07:27 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,853,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILWRadio View Post
What you are implying is that all caucasians are racist based upon the rant of one moron. Is this correct? I hate to be the bearer of bad news but racism exists in most cultures around the world. This is precisely why many cultures often times forbid marrying outside of one's own immediate culture. Racism is not mutually exclusive to countries dominated by white people.
Since I am a Caucasian, I don't think that is my implication. Racists are racist regardless of race. Actually, racism has nothing to do with race, it's a mental disorder.

Old 03-29-2010, 07:28 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,562,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
Life must suck when you're in Stormfront, much to laughter of the rest of us.
Especially when you are a stormfronter and a racists with absolutely no knowledge of the origins or classifications of race. Double suck.

Old 03-29-2010, 07:31 AM

6,342 posts, read 11,087,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Since I am a Caucasian, I don't think that is my implication. Racists are racist regardless of race. Actually, racism has nothing to do with race, it's a mental disorder.
Point noted. The message context in which your initial post was written made your position a little unclear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies