Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2010, 04:23 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,805,850 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
Maybe no one was complaining about Bush creating jobs because we had the lowest unemployemnt in history when Bush was president.

And his tax cuts? The federal government took more in in taxes in 2006, 2007 and 2008 than any years in history.

Why do democrats keep blaming Bush for everything? It's been well over a year since he left office.
There is a lag in unemployment from a tanking economy just as there is a lag in
unemployment recovery after a recovering economy. The economic damage that led to the unemployment in 2009 happened under Bush's clock.

Quote:
The length of time between the end of a recession and peak unemployment has increased over the last few recessions. This may be a result of increases in productivity that do not necessarily correlate with employment levels. The NBER also considers increases in other output-related indicators such as personal income, industrial production, and sales that may also precede a decrease in unemployment.
What happens to unemployment rates after a recession? - Metro Denver Economic Development Corporation

Quote:
the unemployment rate is a lagging indicator. This means it measures the effect of a recession and so occurs after one has already started. It also means unemployment will continue to rise even after the economy has started to recover.Employers are reluctant to lay people off when the economy turns bad. For large companies, it can take months to put together a layoff plan. Companies are even more reluctant to hire new workers when the economy improves.
Unemployment Rates - What Is the Unemployment Rate in the US
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2010, 04:24 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,454,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
The right never complained because Bush was their God.
The left didn't complain because they were flipping houses ?

Old 03-28-2010, 04:26 PM

2,104 posts, read 1,442,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
unemployment recovery after a recovering economy. The economic damage that led to the unemployment in 2009 happened under Bush's clock.
Thank you. I pointed this out here months ago, but it fell upon deaf ears.

Old 03-28-2010, 04:26 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,506,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ♠atizar♠ View Post
Clinton handed him a 4.0% unemployment rate.

He muffed the ball, repeatedly. He left it at 7.4. So yeah, I am going to blame him. You're going to have to deal with that.

Then it rose to over 10% (10.1%) under Obama just as it did early in Reagan's term (10.8% being Reagan's worst month), and is now showing a 4/10ths drop since peaking out at 10.1%. Again, very close to what happened with Reagan. It actually took longer for the job market to recover under Reagan, assuming that it continues to drop from this point forward, under Obama.
Well using liberal "logic" the unemployment rate under Clinton wasn't 4%.

Those were all internet bubble jobs. They weren't permanent.

And I don't have to "deal" with anything. LOLs. I never voted for Bush. Nor did I particulary care for him as president. He was too big government for me.

Old 03-28-2010, 04:29 PM

2,104 posts, read 1,442,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
Well using liberal "logic" the unemployment rate under Clinton wasn't 4%.

Those were all internet bubble jobs. They weren't permanent.

And I don't have to "deal" with anything. LOLs. I never voted for Bush. Nor did I particulary care for him as president. He was too big government for me.
You do have to deal with my opinion that I think you are wrong and skewing things to prove a partisan point.

And you just contradicted yourself. If that number was due to internet jobs, then you have to apply that to Bush's first years as well. Logic is your friend.

Old 03-28-2010, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post

What happens to unemployment rates after a recession? - Metro Denver Economic Development Corporation

Unemployment Rates - What Is the Unemployment Rate in the US
And your point is??????????????

Unemployment was at historic lows for almost all of Bushes term.

The OP wanted to know why republicans weren't demanding Bush create jobs. That is why.

Why did Obama say his priority creating jobs and then spends 14 months on health "care" ?

That's what we should all be asking.

Old 03-28-2010, 04:31 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,368,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post
Hah. Bush jumped out of the plane going down in flames in his golden parachute. Statistics are the result of dynamic fluctuating forces which occur months and even years before they are taken. Obama was dealt a terrible hand of cards, and all things considered has done a decent job of keeping the plane from bursting into flames and killing all on board so far.

Nice work with the link though.
1. NAFTA
2. Permanent most favored nation trading status for China
3. GLBA
4. CFMA

Without Clinton, their is no financial melt-down.

Without Clinton Glass-Steigall remains the law of the land and many of the "too big to fail" financial institutions would not be "too big to fail" (see Citigroup).

In 2003 Bush sent Snow to capital hill to lobby for a new regulator to replace ineffective OFHEO. Congress was unmoved, but at least Bush tried.

McCain co-sponsored S. 190, and it was greeted by a threatened Democrat filibuster. S. 190 went down in flames, but at least McCain tried.

Yes, you are correct. The effects of bad decisions come along months and years later.

YouTube - Nancy Pelosi, Barney Frank, and Democrats are Clueless on Freddie Mac Fannie Mae and the financial credit crisis.

Old 03-28-2010, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♠atizar♠ View Post
You do have to deal with my opinion that I think you are wrong and skewing things to prove a partisan point.

And you just contradicted yourself. If that number was due to internet jobs, then you have to apply that to Bush's first years as well. Logic is your friend.
I have to deal with your opinion it because you say so? I don't even know you, but I have to deal with you. LOLS. You sound like a 7th grader.

I have a job. Unemplyment is not my concern.

We had internet jobs under Bush? How is that possible? I thought things were bad under Bush?

And partisan? Ha. I never voted for a republican in my life.

I think we all would be a lot better off had government never been invented in the first place.

Old 03-28-2010, 04:37 PM

5,407 posts, read 7,793,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
1. NAFTA
3. GLBA
4. CFMA

Without Clinton, their is no financial melt-down.

Without Clinton Glass-Steigall remains the law of the land and many of the "too big to fail" financial institutions would not be "too big to fail" (see Citigroup).

In 2003 Bush sent Snow to capital hill to lobby for a new regulator to replace ineffective OFHEO. Congress was unmoved, but at least Bush tried.

McCain co-sponsored S. 190, and it was greeted by a threatened Democrat filibuster. S. 190 went down in flames, but at least McCain tried.

Yes, you are correct. The effects of bad decisions come along months and years later.
[/url]

Great, so we agree. Except for the part about "Bush trying" so hard. Please. When Bush was not sucking face with his Saudi Arabian buddies he was golfing with his CEO pals as he let America lose its place as a global economic leader. What he did with Iraq made America lose its place as a Moral leader.

A Lost Decade for Jobs - BusinessWeek

Old 03-28-2010, 04:39 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,368,587 times
[quote=jojajn;13493319]There is a lag in unemployment from a tanking economy just as there is a lag in

OK, here's mine...

1. NAFTA
3. GLBA (repealed Glass-Steigall)
4. CFMA (prohibited regulating CDOs)
5. CRA mandates for Fannie and Freddie (see NINJA loans)

Now, tell me what Bush did.

I'll wait...

YouTube - Nancy Pelosi, Barney Frank, and Democrats are Clueless on Freddie Mac Fannie Mae and the financial credit crisis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies