Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2010, 04:39 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
Your thread wasn't about if times were good or credit.

It was about jobs.

Unemployment was at historic lows under Bush.

How many democrats were whining about a lack of jobs under Bush? None.
How many troops were in Iraq and Afghanistan who were either not on the unemployment roles or kept their job replacements, here at home, off of the unemployment roles?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2010, 04:41 PM

140 posts, read 129,035 times
[quote=momonkey;13493539]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
There is a lag in unemployment from a tanking economy just as there is a lag in
unemployment recovery after a recovering economy. The economic damage that led to the unemployment in 2009 happened under Bush's clock.

OK, here's mine...

1. NAFTA
2. Permanent most favored nation trading status for China
3. GLBA (repealed Glass-Steigall)
4. CFMA (prohibited regulating CDOs)
5. CRA mandates for Fannie and Freddie (see NINJA loans)

Now, tell me what Bush did.

I'll wait...

YouTube - Nancy Pelosi, Barney Frank, and Democrats are Clueless on Freddie Mac Fannie Mae and the financial credit crisis.
Um, tax cuts for the rich, not getting rid of NAFTA or reinstating Glass-Steigall, billions on the credit card when we have no money. How are we paying for the 600 billion spent in Iraq? We owe China all that money, how are we gonna pay them?

Old 03-28-2010, 04:42 PM

Quote:
And your point is??????????????

Unemployment was at historic lows for almost all of Bushes term.

The OP wanted to know why republicans weren't demanding Bush create jobs. That is why.

Why did Obama say his priority creating jobs and then spends 14 months on health "care" ?

That's what we should all be asking.
You want the government to create more government jobs or tinker with the private sector to create jobs?

Old 03-28-2010, 04:47 PM

2,104 posts, read 1,442,696 times
Quote:
I have to deal with your opinion it because you say so? I don't even know you, but I have to deal with you. LOLS. You sound like a 7th grader.

I have a job. Unemplyment is not my concern.

We had internet jobs under Bush? How is that possible? I thought things were bad under Bush?

And partisan? Ha. I never voted for a republican in my life.

I think we all would be a lot better off had government never been invented in the first place.
I don't believe you (on the partisan thing).

And yes, that is the nature of internet message boards. You have to deal with other peoples' opinions if you're going to respond to their threads.

7th grader? I think you are projecting given the fact that your logic is pretty indicative of someone who thinks that just saying things makes them true. Which is something teens are given to.

Old 03-28-2010, 04:53 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Quote:
Did the Right Scream About Bush Creating Jobs?
Oh my gosh, I sure do remember the howling and wailing when UE was at 5%, 6% during Bush's tenure. Oh my gosh, we all remember the claims of "underemployment" from the Left, we all remember the claims that 100,000, 200,000 jobs created was insufficient and just horrible numbers, don't we?

The UE rate was 4.6% when the dems took control of congress.

I sure do remember the wailing from the Left about 5% UE...don't you?

Old 03-28-2010, 04:56 PM

5,407 posts, read 7,794,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Oh my gosh, I sure do remember the howling and wailing when UE was at 5%, 6% during Bush's tenure. Oh my gosh, we all remember the claims of "underemployment" from the Left, we all remember the claims that 100,000, 200,000 jobs created was insufficient and just horrible numbers, don't we?
Yes, Those dastardly partisan hacks!

A Lost Decade for Jobs - BusinessWeek

"Between May 1999 and May 2009, employment in the private sector sector only rose by 1.1%, by far the lowest 10-year increase in the post-depression period.

It’s impossible to overstate how bad this is."

Old 03-28-2010, 04:56 PM

Quote:
No! Provide links or some sort of proof. Perhaps a video.

Remember, as you wrote on another thread: if there is no video, it didn't happen.

Old 03-28-2010, 05:03 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Quote:
Your thread wasn't about if times were good or credit.

It was about jobs.

Unemployment was at historic lows under Bush.

How many democrats were whining about a lack of jobs under Bush? None.
Exactly.

Notice: Data not available: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics

The last few months reflected the deepening recession, but before that, the numbers were excellent.

Especially the hit the economy took after 9/11, Bush policies brought us out of that.

I think the average US numbers under Bush is around 5.4% - pretty impressive, considering Bubba's was only 5.2%.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...110300370.html

Nov 2006 UE rate @ 4.4%.

Democrats complaining;

Quote:
"Job growth was too modest to allay concerns about whether job opportunities will expand in coming months," Sen. Jack Reed of Rhode Island, the ranking Democrat on the congressional Joint Economic Committee, said in a written statement. "Staying the course on the president's policies has failed to deliver greater prosperity and economic security for most families, which is why America needs a new direction."

Old 03-28-2010, 05:08 PM

140 posts, read 129,035 times
Quote:

The UE rate was 4.6% when the dems took control of congress.

I sure do remember the wailing from the Left about 5% UE...don't you?
Things were good under Bush, i agree. Just like i could go to Best buy today and buy a big screen TV, X-Box 360 and a new phone and get it with a credit card. That would be awesome, but when the payment comes, it wont be fun, cause i don't have the money for that.

Old 03-28-2010, 05:13 PM

2,104 posts, read 1,442,696 times
Bush I left Clinton a 7.3% UR.

Clinton left Bush II a 4.0% UR.

Spin away though, and cling to averages when it's the SWING that really matters. Bush's average wouldn't have been possible had he been handed off a 7.3% rate like Clinton did. Which makes Clinton's UR% swing much more impressive.

Spin, spin, spin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies