Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 11:50 AM

3,337 posts, read 5,119,588 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringTheContent View Post
Anyway... the fact that so many people are openly mocking these people more or less proves that they're not accomplishing anything. Again, they are standing around and making a lot of noise. They have every right to do that. It's not accomplishing anything.
They've accomplished "nothing" yet there was still a need to create an opposing group called "The Coffee Party".

Sorry, they've accomplished a lot more (except for their #1 goal) than you think.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2010, 11:50 AM

2,500 posts, read 2,929,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
I did not specify any particular media outlet or cable show, magazine or newspaper, you are just fabricating your own faux outrage.
Outrage? I said they have every right to assemble. I support their freedom of expression. I just don't see them accomplishing anything.

I'll tell you what. I'll defer to you. You tell me what they have accomplished so far. Show me what they've done that has been any more productive than what people do anonymously on this forum. They are angry (and I'm not even saying they shouldn't be), and they are making a lot of noise, but if you can point out some of their accomplishments I will be more than happy to say I was wrong.

Old 03-29-2010, 11:53 AM

2,500 posts, read 2,929,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theroc5156 View Post
They've accomplished "nothing" yet there was still a need to create an opposing group called "The Coffee Party".

Sorry, they've accomplished a lot more (except for their #1 goal) than you think.
Please do what you can to educate people who will read this thread who don't believe they have accomplished anything. You say they've accomplished a lot. You should have no problem providing some real examples.

Old 03-29-2010, 11:59 AM

412 posts, read 405,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
I never accused anyone of making accusations against me.

And I'm not in power. If I call a liberal a degenerate does it really matter? It's a different ball game when people in power continually demonize and mock the American people. The people they are supposedly serving. See the difference? And I don't use those words to be hateful. I use them because it's fun to get reactions like yours. LOLS.

Did I call liberalism a party? LOLs. Big Deal. My bad.

You are reminscent of a mentally challenged liberal.

Buh-Bye.
You used some guy's comment that people were stupid to twice vote for Bush (admittedly rather harsh) and used that as a basis to proclaim how hateful liberals are. You're doing the same thing that those people supposedly demonizing conservatives are.

Old 03-29-2010, 12:10 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,507,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatermelonRat View Post
You used some guy's comment that people were stupid to twice vote for Bush (admittedly rather harsh) and used that as a basis to proclaim how hateful liberals are. You're doing the same thing that those people supposedly demonizing conservatives are.
Good for you. You caught me. I'm a hateful person.

Yeh for you. Kudos to you. You are obviously the smartest person on here.

I pointed out that some guy shouldn't have made a comment about people that voted for Bush and that makes me a hateful person. LOLS.

Tell you what, since you have apparently appointed yourself as the arbitrator of my posts I will start sending them all to your inbox before I post on here. Make sure you approve of them.

Or, you could just get a life.

Be sure to check your inbox. It'll probably get flooded. LOLS.

Old 03-29-2010, 12:22 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
What did you mean by using the "Borg" as an example of collectivism in a TV show that features a cash free Star Treck military as the background? The Treck society is a dual class system populated by exceptionally intelligent heroes leading an amorphous population of servants and red shirts. All sides of this show were collectivized except for the anarchic Frengi.

I have never called for a collective social or economic environment but only for a truly open and unfettered market protected from manipulation by proper government regulation with actual equal opportunity for all to play without starting or operating advantage created by social or economic class, national origin or color. I am proposing a free market with a social and economic safety net that protects the less wealthy or skilled from being physically harmed by failure. It is ok if folks lose money in this market but they should not lose food, shelter, cloths or health. This market should be more like Monopoly, without obtaining a monopoly possible, than a close combat gunfight. Losing is one thing but dying is another.

Old 03-29-2010, 12:24 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,222,878 times
The democrats do not care for or want the white male vote. white men do not shun the democrats the democrats shun white men

Old 03-29-2010, 12:34 PM

1,503 posts, read 1,156,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
The purpose of government is not to continuously pass new legislation, mandates, or restrictions to our freedom, the purpose of government is to uphold the US Constitution and protect our rights and freedoms, to we allow us to go on with our lives as a free people.

BTW, I thought Medicare was for the less fortunate.
We Democrats view the role of government differently. Since we are in power, we get our way.

Old 03-29-2010, 02:20 PM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringTheContent View Post
Anyway... the fact that so many people are openly mocking these people more or less proves that they're not accomplishing anything. Again, they are standing around and making a lot of noise. They have every right to do that. It's not accomplishing anything.
That's probably the impression you get because they are not a movement that has any one person leading it, there is no top, down organization. The are a bunch of individual groups, from all over the country representing small communities. Its just people, average ordinary people with one basic common theme, stop spending the country into oblivion, and stop amassing new executive and federal powers over the people.

The TEA parties are not a bunch of sheep lead by a Jesse Jackson or Louis Farrakhan, who tell them what to think, and tell them what to be offended about. The news media is also doing its best not to present their point of view. Instead, the news media interviews the critics of the TEA party movement, and joins in to ridicule them.

Old 03-29-2010, 02:21 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
The democrats do not care for or want the white male vote. white men do not shun the democrats the democrats shun white men
How so?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies