Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2011, 01:27 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,987,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
No, he does have a point. If the workplace was gender-integrated, women would do just about anything to get the men fired. If a man even says hi, the woman will file a sexual harassment case against him. Which is why there should be sex segregation in the workplace.
Thank goodness you arent in charge of anything.
I'm sure you would make burquas part of the dress code for women.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2011, 01:29 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,054,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
If the work culture wasn't toxic and filled with hate-mongering chauvinists you wouldn't need to segregate people into cliques.
I'm no chauvinist. I'm just telling it like it is.

Old 04-21-2011, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Have you had a female professor scream SOB into your face because you wanted to file a discrimination complaint?

Have you had a female chairwoman scream "You are always a problem" into your face?

Your comments are rather petty. If you are called "little lady" but everything else is perfect in the office then you should have no gripe.
Have you ever had a breast or a crotch grabbed by a male colleague and nothing done about it after you complained?

Old 04-21-2011, 01:31 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,934,465 times
Last time I checked Jews, gays, transgendered, atheists, disabled, Latins, people of color, etc. were at the bottom of the caste system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Does that go for minority women who in study after study have been demonstrated to be the bottom of the caste system, in terms of pay and employment (something has begun to change only recently)? I mean if you are already at the bottom who is the bottom that you are attacking?

Old 04-21-2011, 01:32 PM

I've been slightly groped by two ton morbidly obese women and a supervisor yes. It's lousy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Have you ever had a breast or a crotch grabbed by a male colleague and nothing done about it after you complained?

Old 04-21-2011, 01:35 PM

Quote:
I've been slightly groped by two ton morbidly obese women and a supervisor yes. It's lousy.
Well, when you've been beaten by an ex-husband and raped by an acquaintance, we'll compare notes on why I am a feminist.

Old 04-21-2011, 01:37 PM

No.

Quote:
Well, when you've been beaten by an ex-husband and raped by an acquaintance, we'll compare notes on why I am a feminist.

Old 04-21-2011, 01:38 PM

Quote:
No.
I thought not.

Old 04-21-2011, 01:39 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,054,362 times
Quote:
I thought not.
Was there infidelity?

Old 04-21-2011, 01:39 PM

1,382 posts, read 2,385,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Kudos to Jet Jockey. You sound like an interesting human that happens to be female. I have a friend that flies airplanes, owns apartment houses and rides a motorcycle that happens to be a beautiful woman.

I think the anti feminists on this thread are missing the previous definition and role women were supposed to play. They were supposed to be and act like personal slaves to their male providers. Without have their very own household slave, these men have to wash their own socks, cook their own meals, and cannot demand sex whenever they are horny regardless of the desire or lack of by the woman. These Great Men sound like a bunch of Muslim whiners that actually do own the women in their households. I despise them as well.
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
Greg, This world that you think existed back in the day never did. At least not the caricature you keep in your head for refrence never existed. Come on, Ward Cleaver helped June do the dishes for Christs sake. This time when women were submissive slaves afraid to speak their minds is obvious and crude propaganda. Pick up old newspapers and magazines from those decades you suspect. You'll find very little to back up your claim.The same with movies. And don't give me that Debby Reynolds #@*+. Watch the Big Sleep. That's the problem with being a youngster. Green enough to think you know everything that your youth hasn't permitted you to see or understand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies