Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 04:33 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,528,322 times

Advertisements

It seems to me there are some people in this thread who need to grow a pair and quit whining.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2010, 05:13 PM

2,409 posts, read 3,041,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Have you read what you and others have written?
And you don't see how "scorned man" could be a logical response to the comments?
Who are you to comment on what women are or do?
Are you a woman?
Interesting judgment, yeah, you sound scorned.
So let's hear what your definition of a woman is? What does it mean to be feminine and be a woman? Do you even WANT to be feminine and be a woman? I think that's the point. Most women can't stand being what it mean to be a woman or be feminine.

Old 09-21-2010, 06:15 PM

3,562 posts, read 5,226,349 times
Why don't you define yours?

The problem that women have always had is jumping through hoops for some "idea. Usually, fictitious or unrealistic.

Old 09-22-2010, 12:04 AM

2,409 posts, read 3,041,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamonium View Post
Why don't you define yours?

The problem that women have always had is jumping through hoops for some "idea. Usually, fictitious or unrealistic.
Why should I? I'm a man not a female.

Old 09-22-2010, 01:06 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,626,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCroozer View Post
But you obviously know more about what it means to be a woman, judging by your past posts.

So please, educate us poor, uninformed women as to what we're supposed to be.

Old 09-22-2010, 01:13 AM

436 posts, read 954,432 times
The family unit has disintegrated in recent decades. It generally now takes both parents to work full-time jobs just to sustain financial stability. So it is not uncommon, but in fact all too common, that the parents (and/or guardians) are away from the home for extending periods of time. This leaves complete strangers to raise kids from a very early age. The gender roles have become intertwined and the results haven't been overly positive.

Equity and equality have come at a substantial price.

Last edited by FlyerNation; 09-22-2010 at 01:30 AM..

Old 09-22-2010, 05:14 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,279,876 times
Quote:
If you're judging women based on your definition of feminism; please share it.

Otherwise, what's the issue here?
Just speculation but could it be that the feminism you have in your head doesn't exist?
Or could it be that anyone who meets your definition would not be interested?

Last edited by chielgirl; 09-22-2010 at 06:04 AM..

Old 09-22-2010, 05:36 AM

3,562 posts, read 5,226,349 times
Quote:
Because, SoCal, you have a very clear picture in your head of what you believe that it should be and what you think it should not be.

Old 09-22-2010, 05:43 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,778,277 times
Kudos to Jet Jockey. You sound like an interesting human that happens to be female. I have a friend that flies airplanes, owns apartment houses and rides a motorcycle that happens to be a beautiful woman.

I think the anti feminists on this thread are missing the previous definition and role women were supposed to play. They were supposed to be and act like personal slaves to their male providers. Without have their very own household slave, these men have to wash their own socks, cook their own meals, and cannot demand sex whenever they are horny regardless of the desire or lack of by the woman. These Great Men sound like a bunch of Muslim whiners that actually do own the women in their households. I despise them as well.
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]

Old 09-22-2010, 05:44 AM

10,854 posts, read 9,300,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
A socially liberal gay minority is afraid of losing out to an underprivileged white woman? White women benefit far more from affirmative action than any other minority.

I said male hatred was the issue. Stay on topic.
It has more to do with your perception of male hatred in society.

Empowered women make for a more competitive society.

You're either able to deal with that or you can't.

Step Up and Man Up!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies