Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2011, 01:18 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,929,154 times

Advertisements

Sounds like a mountain of lies to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
If anything, the feminist movement has doubled the economic resources in America. In the past the vast majority of half of the total population has been underemployed, undereducated and as a result under utilized. By opening opportunities to women, brought about as a result of the efforts by "feminist" and their supports, millions of capable women have been brought into ever aspect of the economy bring fresh insights and talents that had previously been underutilized.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2011, 01:19 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,980,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
I don't need exhaustive data and links to back it up. I'm talking about my own experiences as a minority and as a man. Many women would rather attack the lowest on the caste system than the power elite who obtain the real power: I've seen this garbage since I was in junior high. The women haven't stopped clawing at those at the bottom.
supposition and conjecture.
Yeah, that always trumps hard data and fact.

Old 04-21-2011, 01:20 PM

36,492 posts, read 30,820,705 times
Quote:
didn't have affirmative action in mind specifically, no, but it would certainly qualify. i'd say the most common problem is inequality in the family court system.
Quote:
It's the way feminist women go about fighting for "equality" that is pernicious. They don't aim their hate at the corporate white Anglo elite who keep them down: they aim their hate at random men who have nothing to do with the power imbalances.
How about some specifics.

Quote:
i saw in mentioned in the comments of a feminist blog. it's a term that is on the NOW website; you'd have to refer to their literature for specifics. As i understand it, its a broad concept that women are entitled to certain legal rights based on human physiology, which would naturally exclude men and fathers.
Quote:
From reading their own history/beliefs it's clear that many of these women are deeply disturbed man haters having a jolly good time expressing that hatred it in ways that often pay great sums of money. And there are many others that do it for free because they simply enjoy doing it. "You can't be an authentic feminist and not be a lesbian." " All hetrosexual sex is rape". These quotes are common feminist sentiments and not exactly man friendly. I agree with you. These people are not about equality at all.

You guys must really have had to do some digging to find these bits of man hating by "feminists lesbians".
How does this affect your everyday life? Would you even have known anything about them if you had not been googling.

Old 04-21-2011, 01:21 PM

I'm a minority who has been repeatedly discriminated against by women. If you can't bend over backward to empathize with me: then you are not about equality and fairness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
supposition and conjecture.
Yeah, that always trumps hard data and fact.

Old 04-21-2011, 01:22 PM

Pick up a book and read about this topic ...

Amazon.com: Spreading Misandry: The Teaching of Contempt for Men in Popular Culture (9780773530997): Paul Nathanson, Katherine Young: Books

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
How about some specifics.

You guys must really have had to do some digging to find these bits of man hating by "feminists lesbians".
How does this affect your everyday life? Would you even have known anything about them if you had not been googling.

Old 04-21-2011, 01:24 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,053,250 times
Quote:
Must be simply appalling to be so terrified of women that one has to retreat to a male dominated field in order to avoid being bested by a woman.
No, he does have a point. If the workplace was gender-integrated, women would do just about anything to get the men fired. If a man even says hi, the woman will file a sexual harassment case against him. Which is why there should be sex segregation in the workplace.

Old 04-21-2011, 01:25 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,980,794 times
Quote:
I'm a minority who has been repeatedly discriminated against by women. If you can't bend over backward to empathize with me: then you are not about equality and fairness.
Honey, I can turn that argument around and apply it to myself, and most other females.
I daresay I am quite a bit older than you, and I bet I can say with the utmost authority that you have never been addressed as "little lady" in tones dripping with condescension in a corporate environment by a male colleague, and nothing done about it.

Old 04-21-2011, 01:25 PM

If the work culture wasn't toxic and filled with hate-mongering chauvinists you wouldn't need to segregate people into cliques.

Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
No, he does have a point. If the workplace was gender-integrated, women would do just about anything to get the men fired. If a man even says hi, the woman will file a sexual harassment case against him. Which is why there should be sex segregation in the workplace.

Old 04-21-2011, 01:26 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,029,506 times
Quote:
Many women would rather attack the lowest on the caste system than the power elite who obtain the real power:
Does that go for minority women who in study after study have been demonstrated to be the bottom of the caste system, in terms of pay and employment (something has begun to change only recently)? I mean if you are already at the bottom who is the bottom that you are attacking?

Old 04-21-2011, 01:27 PM

Have you had a female professor scream SOB into your face because you wanted to file a discrimination complaint against persistent unfair treatment?

Have you had a female chairwoman scream "You are always a problem" into your face? Or "Women are in charge around here!" dripping in tones of hatred and spite??

Your comments are rather petty and goofy. If you are called "little lady" but everything else is perfect in the office then you should have no gripe. Little lady isn't really even an insult: you just have to say please call me by my first name.

Quote:
Honey, I can turn that argument around and apply it to myself, and most other females.
I daresay I am quite a bit older than you, and I bet I can say with the utmost authority that you have never been addressed as "little lady" in tones dripping with condescension in a corporate environment by a male colleague, and nothing done about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies