Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 09:19 AM

313 posts, read 393,604 times

Advertisements

“I’ve been to hundreds of tea parties around the country. What I can tell you is that I’ve never seen any blacks lynched at one of them. That’s still one of those things that only democrats can hold a distinction about.”
-Kevin Jackson

http://gatewaypundit.firstthings.com/2010/03/woah-st-louis-conservative-kevin-jackson-destroys-race-baiter-david-shuster-on-msnbc/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2010, 10:25 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times
So the Tea Party has found their TOKEN Black person. Good for them.

Old 03-29-2010, 10:55 AM

4,395 posts, read 4,911,959 times
Lt. Colonel Alan West
Angela McGlowen
Alfonzo Rachel
Isaac Hayes Jr.

Now we have more than a "token". Those are just speakers. That doesn't include the attendees. I've only been to one event but there were people from every walk of life and of every color. Yes, it was a predominately "white". There was no animosity shown towards anyone except elected officials. The only talk was about how to get them out of office and replace them with someone with conservative values. It doesn't matter who as long as they are conservative. In fact, Angela McGlowen is running in the Republican primary in my district. There is a very good chance I will vote for her in the primary. I still want to learn more about her as well as her opponent's platforms.

Old 03-29-2010, 10:59 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,154,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by At_Last_2009 View Post
“I’ve been to hundreds of tea parties around the country. What I can tell you is that I’ve never seen any blacks lynched at one of them. That’s still one of those things that only democrats can hold a distinction about.”
-Kevin Jackson

http://gatewaypundit.firstthings.com/2010/03/woah-st-louis-conservative-kevin-jackson-destroys-race-baiter-david-shuster-on-msnbc/
I cant believe how many right wingers have so little awareness of history that they can be led around by the nose this way. Do you really, honestly not know how the two parties essentially flip flopped, and when, and why? if you dont know you're not alone; it appears there are many who dont seem to know -- as gatewaypundit and most other sources of right wing "information" seem to know about their "readers." Dont you find it insulting, that they expect you to be that stupid?

Old 03-29-2010, 11:04 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,846,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
So the Tea Party has found their TOKEN Black person. Good for them.
WoW So you think so little of a person that they would allow themselves to be used as a token. Its like insult if they do and insult if they dont no matter what you are going to insult so whats the point.

As if they are the only black person to attend them

Old 03-29-2010, 11:05 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,846,025 times
Lloyd Marcus

Guess he is another token black man that attends tea parties.

Old 03-29-2010, 11:06 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,564,801 times
the real question is why are the vast majority of "tea baggers" usually white people? Oh and Mr. Marcus seems to enjoy his new found status since I've seen him on the news multiple times.He must be selling a lot of books on his website.

Old 03-29-2010, 11:08 AM

2,104 posts, read 1,442,874 times
Hundreds?

LOL, sure. Either he is lying or needs to get off his ass and find a job.

Old 03-29-2010, 11:14 AM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
I cant believe how many right wingers have so little awareness of history that they can be led around by the nose this way. Do you really, honestly not know how the two parties essentially flip flopped, and when, and why? if you dont know you're not alone; it appears there are many who dont seem to know -- as gatewaypundit and most other sources of right wing "information" seem to know about their "readers." Dont you find it insulting, that they expect you to be that stupid?
You hate the idea that the KKK was founded by democrats, and the CRA was filibustered by democrats, so it assuages your guilt to think the parties magically flipped, and the racists and bigots are republicans now. LOL

All of the racism, bigotry, and sexism that was on display this last presidential cycle was coming from democrat news media, elected democrats, the campaign staffers, of the democratic party candidates themselves. The bigots did not go away, you still have them.

Old 03-29-2010, 11:18 AM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
the real question is why are the vast majority of "tea baggers" usually white people? Oh and Mr. Marcus seems to enjoy his new found status since I've seen him on the news multiple times.He must be selling a lot of books on his website.
Maybe because the vast majority of Americans are white?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies