Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 01:13 PM

3,292 posts, read 4,458,766 times

Advertisements

What is in the article about him being a "leftist"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2010, 01:16 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,596,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
washingtonpost.com

"Bricks thrown through GOP office windows in Charlottesville"

Since all of you Democrats proclaimed that when your windows were broken it HAD TO BE Republicans, are you now going to proclaim this was caused by a Democrat?
Could have been RINO hunting

Old 03-29-2010, 01:29 PM

757 posts, read 800,243 times
Richmond police say the bullet that hit a window of Republican Virginia Congressman Eric Cantor's office had been randomly fired skyward. Why would Cantor lie and claim it was shot at his office before an investigation had been completed?

As to the person in your link. The guy is obviously not the brightest criminal if he would post a threat on YOUTUBE.

Oddly enough, the entire 8 years Bush was President, there was none of this kind of violence and threats against elected officials. Sure there were calls for impeachment but that would be part of the established process. Tea baggers have been calling for "REVOLUTION". Elected Republican officials encourage this behavior. Sarah Palin widely thought to be Republicans candidate in 2012 said of the recent violence against Democrats "reload". Acting like grade schoolers shouting out names on the floor of the US Congress by Republican leaders does not set a very good example for the right wing nuts in their party. In fact, it more than likely emboldens them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
some leftist nutbar has just been arrested for threatening to kill cantor and his family.

Man accused of making threats against Cantor - CNN.com

Old 03-29-2010, 01:30 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,131,218 times
I'm going to sit in the middle...I think both parties should get picks and axes, then trash their own offices.

Old 03-29-2010, 01:33 PM

69,368 posts, read 63,839,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okccowboy View Post
Richmond police say the bullet that hit a window of Republican Virginia Congressman Eric Cantor's office had been randomly fired skyward. Why would Cantor lie and claim it was shot at his office before an investigation had be completed?
For the same reason why Democrats lied and proclaimed their tires were slashed, or blamed Republicans for throwing bricks through their windows, but they caught Democrats who did the acts..
Quote:
Oddly enough, the entire 8 years Bush was President, there was none of this kind of violence and threats against elected officials.
No call for violence against elected officials? Where were you during all of this
Death Threats Against Bush at Protests Ignored for Years · zomblog

Old 03-29-2010, 02:23 PM

353 posts, read 550,421 times
Quote:
Richmond police say the bullet that hit a window of Republican Virginia Congressman Eric Cantor's office had been randomly fired skyward. Why would Cantor lie and claim it was shot at his office before an investigation had been completed?
Because that's what democrats were doing.
Cantors whole point, that he made perfectly clear, was that Democrats were running around claiming that Republicans were responsible for numerous acts of violence.
The point he was making, which was obvious if you actually heard what he said and weren't going by what you were told he said, was that these types of violence have ALWAYS happened to both sides. ALL members of congress get hundreds of threats every year.That's just the way it is.
For Democrats to come out and say that it something new and originated with Republicans is a LIE.
Cantor simply said that if democrats want to claim every act of violence against them is perpetrated by republicans then all acts against republicans would have to be by Democrats. Whether the bullet was fired directly at his window or not is of no consequence. Using liberal logic, he's Republican, therefor the person that fired the gun was a Democrat. Period.
That was his point. Stupid logic.
Quote:
Oddly enough, the entire 8 years Bush was President, there was none of this kind of violence and threats against elected officials.
This is too stupid and ridiculous a statement to do anything but laugh. You would have to literally have been born yesterday to believe this garbage.
Quote:
Sure there were calls for impeachment but that would be part of the established process. Tea baggers have been calling for "REVOLUTION".
REVOLUTION or over throwing a destructive Government is a "right" given to us by the constitution.
Quote:
Elected Republican officials encourage this behavior.
Most republican officials don't encourage this behavior. Their heads are on the same chopping block.
Quote:
Sarah Palin widely thought to be Republicans candidate in 2012 said of the recent violence against Democrats "reload".
What does that even mean?
Quote:
Acting like grade schoolers shouting out names on the floor of the US Congress by Republican leaders does not set a very good example for the right wing nuts in their party. In fact, it more than likely emboldens them.
I guess that's an example only Democrats should set.

Old 03-29-2010, 08:46 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,660,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
This coming from the person who staded in a previous thread that anyone who disagreed with Obama should have a bullet put in his head?
I didn't say that. Did I? Don't sound like something I would say? Link that post!

Old 03-29-2010, 09:01 PM

10,009 posts, read 9,433,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
The Republicans probably broke their own windows trying to get sympathy. But even if the Democrats did it, it is justified because the Republicans did it first. We need to let the Republicans know that, unlike in the past, we are no longer going to hide from them or cower in fear from their threats of violence. We have rocks too. We have guns too. If you blow up one of our offices, you should expect one of yours to be blown up. Kill a Democrat, expect the same to happen to a Republican. You killed lots of Democrats in the past including Alan Berg, Martin L King and Medgar Evers. That is not going to happen anymore. If you do it, there will be a high price to pay. I suggest the Republicans stick to the ballot box.
But mommy....he pulled my hair first..... wawawawawa..

Old 03-29-2010, 09:02 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,139,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
This coming from the person who staded in a previous thread that anyone who disagreed with Obama should have a bullet put in his head?
I strongly disagree with Kev 90% of the time and I can't recall a post by him that said any such thing. In fact I'll go as far to say that I don't recall a post by Kev calling for any form of violence.

Old 03-29-2010, 09:10 PM

10,009 posts, read 9,433,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I strongly disagree with Kev 90% of the time and I can't recall a post by him that said any such thing. In fact I'll go as far to say that I don't recall a post by Kev calling for any form of violence.
Well, you really don't have to look far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
The Republicans probably broke their own windows trying to get sympathy. But even if the Democrats did it, it is justified because the Republicans did it first. We need to let the Republicans know that, unlike in the past, we are no longer going to hide from them or cower in fear from their threats of violence. We have rocks too. We have guns too. If you blow up one of our offices, you should expect one of yours to be blown up. Kill a Democrat, expect the same to happen to a Republican. You killed lots of Democrats in the past including Alan Berg, Martin L King and Medgar Evers. That is not going to happen anymore. If you do it, there will be a high price to pay. I suggest the Republicans stick to the ballot box.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies