Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 12:50 PM

4,105 posts, read 8,289,450 times

Advertisements

You forget that when the terrorists are Christian, they aren't terrorists. They're "Patriotic Real Americans."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2010, 12:57 PM

20,459 posts, read 12,381,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
With the arrest of a dozen or so Christian Militia terrorist that were planning to kill police officers, I am wondering why they are in jail and able to request attorneys and have visitors.
It seems to me that, in all fairness, these people should be treated like all other terrorist and placed in Gitmo and denied any legal representation and that they should also be tried by a military tribunnal and hung of found guilty. Why the double standard for Muslim terrorist and Christian or Jewish terrorist? Is it because most of the latter belong to the Republican Party?
If they are American citizens then they should be afforded all the rights granted by the constitution.

if they are not, then treat them like enemy combatants.

Old 03-29-2010, 03:45 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,763,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Carbonni View Post
From my (albeit limited) research on the topic seems to suggest the most of these violent militia groups tend to be either White Nationalist, general anti-government, or survivalist types. I don't see how that fits into the Republican Party platform. I may have missed the part about the coming race war or how the Republican Party opposes Freemason influence on the shadow government or its support for canned bean subsidies.
The Republican Party platform IS a white nationalist platform. They don't call it that but it is what it is. I figured that out when they opposed the Voting Rights Act extension a few years ago.

Old 03-29-2010, 03:46 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,763,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brattpowered View Post
You forget that when the terrorists are Christian, they aren't terrorists. They're "Patriotic Real Americans."
Darn!! I must have missed Hannity today. Wonder what excuses he made for them!

Old 03-29-2010, 04:01 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
You have any proof they belong to the Republican party?

They are being treated as they should be.
The Militia Movement Today
Quote:
The militia movement is the youngest of the major right-wing anti-government movements in the United States (the sovereign citizen movement and the tax protest movement are the two others) yet it has seared itself into the American consciousness as virtually no other fringe movement has.
The Militia Movement -- Extremism in America

Old 03-29-2010, 04:08 PM

332 posts, read 644,312 times
Quote:
I don't remember Michael Savage, Bill O'Reilly, Glenn Beck, etc ever calling Timothy McVeigh a patriotic American.

I have however heard liberal politicans from the Democratic party say they look up to a mass murderer like Mao Zedong.

Old 03-29-2010, 04:13 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
Right-wing militia groups are on the rise in the United States after nearly a decade of obscurity, according to a new report from the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC), which monitors hate groups and extremist activity.
Quote:
Fox News writes that conservative groups are dismissing the report, which they say relies on a Department of Homeland Security (DHS) report released earlier this year on right-wing extremism. They say that the DHS report relies on unofficial reports and unfairly lumps together legitimate critics of the Obama administration with radical militias, and as a result the new SPLC report is suspect for the same reasons.

They are attempting to brand all right-of-center protesters as potential domestic terrorists or extremists," [William Gheen, president of Americans for Legal Immigration PAC,] said. "They are painting whole swaths of people as hate groups and extremists."
As for the purported rise in "militia" groups, which SPLC includes as part of the broader anti-government "Patriot" movement, Gheen said: "We're just not seeing it."
Report: militia activity on the rise in US / The Christian Science Monitor - CSMonitor.com

Interesting, don't you think?

Old 03-29-2010, 04:19 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,698,072 times
Quote:
With the arrest of a dozen or so Christian Militia terrorist that were planning to kill police officers, I am wondering why they are in jail and able to request attorneys and have visitors.
It seems to me that, in all fairness, these people should be treated like all other terrorist and placed in Gitmo and denied any legal representation and that they should also be tried by a military tribunnal and hung of found guilty. Why the double standard for Muslim terrorist and Christian or Jewish terrorist? Is it because most of the latter belong to the Republican Party?
A FundiMENTAList is a FundiMENTAList, Muslim, Christian or Jew.

So where is the "but they were just excercising their 2nd Amendment Rights," crowd

Old 03-29-2010, 05:29 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,088,985 times
Quote:
Try This:

Hamburger-Fries
Eggs-Bacon
Water-Ice
Christian Militia- Republican

Try this:

Mao-murdered over 70 million - Liberals/Progressives- Democrats love him, hussein obama honored him
Communists-murdered untold millions - hussein obama sought them out
Marxists-murdered untold millions - hussein obama sought them out
Che - murdered thousands - Liberals/Progressives- Democrats love him
Abortion-murdered untold millions - Liberals/Progressives- Democrats fully support

Last edited by dcsldcd; 03-29-2010 at 05:48 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies