Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2010, 07:04 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,548,464 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
O'Reilly is a clown, he'll probably imitate his fellow FOX host Sean Hannity:

Have a fundraiser, spend the donations on himself and his family
feel free to provide your proof that hannity, who i don't particularly like, did this.

we'll wait.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2010, 07:09 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,518,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Uh...the Judges names are published in the opinion I posted previously.

In case you're interested, they are:

Judge Allyson K. Duncan
Judge Dennis W. Shedd
Judge Robert B. King

Take note that the hearing was not held en banc, that is before the whole court, but most cases aren't. In fact, the 3 judge panels which hear most cases are arbitrarily assigned by computer, at least in the 4th Circuit. For a case to be decided, at least 2 of the 3 Judges must concur. I do not know if this case was unanimous, but it's immaterial anyhow.

You may go and picket their homes if you like, but you probably should be prepared to be arrested for harrassment, if not stalking a Federal Judge. In any case, you'd just be wasting your time because it's not even possible for a picketed Judge to say, "Oh my gosh! There are people on my lawn so we'd better re-open that case." The law doesn't work that way.

And, by the way, while researching further, I found how it is that Snyder has to pay the costs of the defendents appeal. It's found in the 4th Circuit rules:

Rule 39. Costs

(a) Against Whom Assessed. The following rules apply unless the law provides or the court orders otherwise:

(3) if a judgment is reversed, costs are taxed against the appellee;

The judgment of the lower court WAS reversed, so the appellee (in this case, Snyder) has to pay. It wasn't done as an act of retribution, nor does it make a political statement. It's just the rules of the Court which are applied in any case.

Here is the .pdf of the appeal
Albert Snyder vs. Fred W. Phelps Sr.

http://pacer.ca4.uscourts.gov/opinion.pdf/081026.P.pdf

Old 03-30-2010, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
feel free to provide your proof that hannity, who i don't particularly like, did this.

we'll wait.
He flew around on his Gulfstream on your dime.

I'd be upset too, but then again, I'm much too smart to give to a charity ran by that chickenhawk loudmouth coward.

Old 03-30-2010, 07:12 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,528,322 times
Quote:
Here is the .pdf of the appeal
Albert Snyder vs. Fred W. Phelps Sr.

http://pacer.ca4.uscourts.gov/opinion.pdf/081026.P.pdf

Are you the same odanny who used to post over on mil.com?

Old 03-30-2010, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Are you the same odanny who used to post over on mil.com?

Why do you keep taking threads off topic with this question?

Old 03-30-2010, 07:48 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,528,322 times
Quote:
Why do you keep taking threads off topic with this question?

It's not taking the thread off topic. I'm just curious.

In any case, it's only the second time I've asked it and the first time, the thread was closed shortly thereafter and I wasn't sure if you'd seen it.

If you don't want to answer, that's fine.

Old 03-30-2010, 08:40 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,930,375 times
Default American Legion steps up

Back on topic. This is good news:

Put yourself in his dad’s shoes « BurnPit (http://burnpit.legion.org/2010/03/put-yourself-in-his-dad%e2%80%99s-shoes/ - broken link)

Old 03-31-2010, 04:47 AM

4,829 posts, read 6,930,324 times
Quote:
So was can just assume your previous post was a mistake.

Got ya.
You having problems with your thought processes today? What does my previous post have to do with this one? This is not a right versus left issue. Only a fool would attempt to make it one. Got it?

Old 03-31-2010, 05:15 AM

50,371 posts, read 63,964,084 times
What makes those men, women and children line up along a roadside to taunt mourners? What could be going on in their minds?
I've always wondered the same thing about the Nazi soldiers as they gunned down innocent people and tossed them into ditches. How does a person justify this kind of behavior?
Anyway, O'Reilly is paying the family's court costs, the Supreme Court will probably take the appeal, and hopefully the ever so devout Westboro folks will get what's coming to them in more ways than one.

Old 03-31-2010, 05:35 AM

3,728 posts, read 4,869,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
I don't know of anyone voicing support of these people outside of the Phelps group themselves.

Who, specifically, are you accusing of supporting them?
You need to remember that the OP is crazy. Anyone who doesn't agree with him is all lumped into the same group. Hence, Republicans are equal to Nazis and opposing Obamacare is the same as supporting Westbro.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies