Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 07:45 AM

7,211 posts, read 9,430,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
1- Against it
2- Would rather the gov didnt take my money and let me be responsible for my own retirement
3- Didnt and dont support Bush. I support states rights
4-Lets start with an audit
5-I dont mind helping other countries in cause of a natural disaster or say a terror attack. I think for non disasters only if we have a balanced budget
6-I am not against national security of our country. I didnt support invading Iraq but now that we are there I think we need to finish the job or its an insult to our military that gave their life.

Let me go on

7-I think elected officials in dc need to be paying for their own meals and liquor
8-I dont think they should get a raise unless the budget is balanced. I think they would give them more reason to want to have a balanced budget
9-I dont like paying for Nancy Pelosis family to fly around the country
10-I want them to be accountable. Enough corruption

You didn't support Bush? Were you on here complaining about his policies? Or is your outrage just reserved for Democrats?

Btw, regarding the OP....a tea party is a bunch of Faux News inspired hypocritical old white folks living off government handouts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2010, 07:47 AM

3,633 posts, read 5,787,927 times
Quote:
1- Against it
2- Would rather the gov didnt take my money and let me be responsible for my own retirement
5-I dont mind helping other countries in cause of a natural disaster or say a terror attack. I think for non disasters only if we have a balanced budget
6-I am not against national security of our country. I didnt support invading Iraq but now that we are there I think we need to finish the job or its an insult to our military that gave their life.

Let me go on

7-I think elected officials in dc need to be paying for their own meals and liquor
8-I dont think they should get a raise unless the budget is balanced. I think they would give them more reason to want to have a balanced budget
11-I want term limits also. Enough career politicians

Finally someone who understands why we post subjects to talk about on here....we answer questions that are asked not just hate because we hear things about a group of people from mainstream media...sounds kinda like when whites hate all blacks or blacks hate all whites...it's ridiculous to generalize..thanks for being the first to answer these questions like i understood the OP wanted to know

Old 03-30-2010, 08:02 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,844,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
You didn't support Bush? Were you on here complaining about his policies? Or is your outrage just reserved for Democrats?

Btw, regarding the OP....a tea party is a bunch of Faux News inspired hypocritical old white folks living off government handouts.
Nope didnt support Bush and Yes I complain about things he did. Did you see where I said I dont support the Pat act or his spending so on

Yeah your insults are still as childish as also.Very mature

Last edited by Jadex; 03-30-2010 at 08:34 AM..

Old 03-30-2010, 08:04 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,220,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
I may support some of the things that tea party people support if I knew what they were. Here are some questions maybe you can answer them for me.

1. Where do you stand on Civil liberties as it relates to the constitution. No illegal search and seizures no wiretapping. Against the patriot act?

2. Where do you stand on social security, medicare. Against it?

3. Where do you stand on Federal laws that affect the states. If you are against it now, were you against it when Bush was in office?

4. How do you feel about the federal reserve. Get rid of it?

5. Against sending money for foreign aid to countries like Egypt and Israel?

6. Against paying for foreign intervention. i.e. Iraq?

Just curious. All I hear is they are against big govt. and Obama. Need a little more specifics.
Most of the tea party positions woudl have to be extrapalted from what they beleive. In doing so you could form an opinion on your questions.

What is the tea party movement.
the mission statement is:

[SIZE=5]Mission Statement[/SIZE]
[SIZE=4]The impetus for the Tea Party movement is excessive government spending[/SIZE][SIZE=4] and taxation.[/SIZE][SIZE=4] [/SIZE][SIZE=4]Our mission is to [/SIZE][SIZE=4]attract, educate, organize, and mobilize [/SIZE][SIZE=4]our fellow citizens to secure public policy c[/SIZE][SIZE=4]onsistent with our three core values of Fiscal Responsibility, Constitutionally Limited Government and Free Markets
[SIZE=5]C[/SIZE][SIZE=5]o[/SIZE][SIZE=5]r[/SIZE][SIZE=5]e[/SIZE][SIZE=5] [/SIZE][SIZE=5]V[/SIZE][SIZE=5]a[/SIZE][SIZE=5]l[/SIZE][SIZE=5]u[/SIZE][SIZE=5]e[/SIZE][SIZE=5]s[/SIZE][SIZE=5] [/SIZE]

[LEFT][SIZE=4][SIZE=3]• Fiscal Responsibility [/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][SIZE=3]• [/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=4][SIZE=3]Constitutionally [/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=4][SIZE=3]Limited Government[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][SIZE=3]• Free Markets[/SIZE][/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]Fiscal Responsibility[/SIZE][SIZE=4]:[/SIZE][SIZE=4] [/SIZE][SIZE=4]F[/SIZE][SIZE=4]iscal Responsibility by government honors and respects the freedom of the individual to spend the money that is the fruit of their own labor.[/SIZE][SIZE=4] [/SIZE][SIZE=4]A constitutionally limited government, designed to protect the blessings of liberty, must be fiscally responsible[/SIZE][SIZE=4] [/SIZE][SIZE=4]o[/SIZE][SIZE=4]r[/SIZE][SIZE=4] [/SIZE][SIZE=4]i[/SIZE][SIZE=4]t[/SIZE][SIZE=4] [/SIZE][SIZE=4]m[/SIZE][SIZE=4]u[/SIZE][SIZE=4]s[/SIZE][SIZE=4]t[/SIZE][SIZE=4] [/SIZE][SIZE=4]s[/SIZE][SIZE=4]u[/SIZE][SIZE=4]b[/SIZE][SIZE=4]j[/SIZE][SIZE=4]e[/SIZE][SIZE=4]c[/SIZE][SIZE=4]t[/SIZE][SIZE=4] [/SIZE][SIZE=4]i[/SIZE][SIZE=4]t[/SIZE][SIZE=4]'[/SIZE][SIZE=4]s[/SIZE][SIZE=4] [/SIZE][SIZE=4]c[/SIZE][SIZE=4]i[/SIZE][SIZE=4]t[/SIZE][SIZE=4]i[/SIZE][SIZE=4]z[/SIZE][SIZE=4]e[/SIZE][SIZE=4]n[/SIZE][SIZE=4]r[/SIZE][SIZE=4]y[/SIZE][SIZE=4] [/SIZE][SIZE=4]t[/SIZE][SIZE=4]o[/SIZE][SIZE=4] [/SIZE][SIZE=4]h[/SIZE][SIZE=4]igh levels of [/SIZE][SIZE=4]taxation that unjustly restrict the liberty [/SIZE][SIZE=4]our [/SIZE][SIZE=4]Constitution [/SIZE][SIZE=4]was designed to protect. Such runaway deficit spending as we now see in Washington D.C. compels us to take action as[/SIZE][SIZE=4] [/SIZE][SIZE=4]the increasing national debt is a grave threat to our national sovereignty and the personal and economic liberty of future generations. [/SIZE]

[/LEFT]

[SIZE=4]Constitutionally Limited Government[/SIZE][SIZE=4]:[/SIZE][SIZE=4] We, the members of The Tea Party Patriots, are inspired by our founding documents and regard the Constitution of the United States to be the supreme law of the land. We believe that it is possible to know the original intent of the government our founders set forth, and stand in support of that intent. Like the founders, we support states' rights for those powers not expressly stated in the Constitution. As the government is of the people, by the people and for the people, in all other matters we support the personal liberty of the individual, within the rule of law.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]Free Markets[/SIZE][SIZE=4]:[/SIZE][SIZE=4] A free market is the economic consequence of personal liberty. The founders believed that personal and economic freedom were indivisible, as do we. Our current government's interference distorts the free market and inhibits the pursuit of individual and economic liberty. Therefore, we support a return to the free market principles on which this nation was founded and oppose government intervention into the operations of private business. [/SIZE]

[/SIZE]
core values
[SIZE=4][/SIZE]
the Movement is based on lowering taxes and cutting spending. All of your questions are fair but do not really fit into the mission of the tea party.
i would say different members of the tea party would answer your questions based on their own interpretation of the mission and core values.

Old 03-30-2010, 08:06 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,946,349 times
Quote:
1- Against it

Let me go on

11-I want term limits also. Enough career politicians
Are these the positions the tea party takes on the issues?

Old 03-30-2010, 08:09 AM

23,864 posts, read 24,108,334 times
core values

Old 03-30-2010, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorRob305 View Post
Finally someone who understands why we post subjects to talk about on here....we answer questions that are asked not just hate because we hear things about a group of people from mainstream media...sounds kinda like when whites hate all blacks or blacks hate all whites...it's ridiculous to generalize..thanks for being the first to answer these questions like i understood the OP wanted to know
You arent alone I am so over this childish name calling and insults of a group just because you dont agree with them. I am also over the labeling an entire group over the actions of 1.

I am sick of being called a racist because I dont like Obamas policies. Didnt like them when Bush did em and I dont like them now. I dont make excuses for political parties. They are both hypocrites if you ask me. I personally think we need to fire everyone in DC and have another election and replace them all in Nov.

They only do the childish name calling to avoid having to actually debate the issues and to try and discredit the group. Much easier that way. They just dont get it that people are getting sick of being insulted for no reason

Its working also my husband was pumping gas yesterday a black guy gets out of his car and see a gop.com bumber sticker on our car and calls my husband a racist. My husband said look hommie that sticker is in support of a black man. They shut up and kept it moving but why is my hispanic/black husband being called a racist? He got called a racist for supporting a black man how ironic is that

Old 03-30-2010, 08:16 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,946,349 times
the Movement is based on lowering taxes and cutting spending. All of your questions are fair but do not really fit into the mission of the tea party.
i would say different members of the tea party would answer your questions based on their own interpretation of the mission and core values.[/quote]

Except for the civil liberties question, I think all of the questions have something to do with spending. So if they want to cut spending, do they want to cut spending on the Military, Social Security, medicare, foreign aid etc. The first two are huge chunks of the National budget.

Last edited by hotair2; 03-30-2010 at 08:25 AM..

Old 03-30-2010, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Are these the positions the tea party takes on the issues?
There isnt an official " tea party" to take a position on it. Each person out there is out there for their own reason the 1 common thing they have is common I would say is over the debt of the country and no they didnt support Bush doing it either hence his low approval rating

Some are out there over big gov, some are out there over feeling like they are ignoring the constitution. Some are out there over taxes. There is many reasons for why people attend events.

Old 03-30-2010, 08:23 AM

3,219 posts, read 6,581,432 times
Should I go into my "GOD Given Right" rant?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies