Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 10:56 AM

3,390 posts, read 4,951,676 times

Advertisements

I've noticed a ton of them, and shake my head in bewilderment. You can tell it's a 16 year old kid or something; most by far are from the (far) left and all they try to do is raise everyone's hackles. I guess there's not enough to do in class.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2010, 10:58 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
I think if you hold conservative views you're going to view this site has having more pot stirrers, etc., on the left and if you hold liberal views you're going to view this site has having more pots stirrers, etc., on the right. It's human nature; if you agree with something you don't see it as inflammatory.

Precisely. There are some pretty unintelligent lefties and righties here, but I tend to ignore them and move on. It's no really worth my time. I like talking to the moderates, and the people who can stop and think about things from various angles. I may not agree with many conservative stances, but I can definitely see why people DO believe what they do.

Old 03-30-2010, 11:01 AM

7,211 posts, read 9,432,712 times
Quote:
I think if you hold conservative views you're going to view this site has having more pot stirrers, etc., on the left and if you hold liberal views you're going to view this site has having more pots stirrers, etc., on the right. It's human nature; if you agree with something you don't see it as inflammatory.

I think you're probably right. Though I will say you don't see progressives coming on here outright expressing their disdain for African Americans just because of their color..

I also have failed to notice any direct criticism from the right when it comes to Stormfront trolls....I can only assume they agree with them.

Old 03-30-2010, 11:02 AM

5,522 posts, read 10,200,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarlilesiu View Post
Calling out an increase in flame baiting is in itself flame baiting?

Hmmm..

never let that victim mentality down.

No, blaiming left wing posters for childish postings when RW posters are just as responsible is flame baiting.

Old 03-30-2010, 11:13 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Yes, we've had alot of newbies pop up with extreme leftist viewpoints, thats for sure. What scares me most is that these youngsters are devoid of the historical context of America and only see it for what the radical, liberal left in the media and in the classroom have taught them. Homosexuality and race issues are very good examples of this. It's only going to get worse.
my favorite recent one was the leftist noob who defended the mao ornament on the white house christmas tree thusly:

Quote:
What does Mao Zedong represent? It's some large, nation in Asia...I think it's China. Now why would there be a mention about China on a tree that was to represnt every American?...possibly because there are Chinese-Americans...darn it.
the mind boggles. putting the appropriate number of head-smack smilies on this one would probably crater the server...

Old 03-30-2010, 11:22 AM

2,229 posts, read 1,687,105 times
Quote:
Can you give me the equivilant of "teabaggers" on the left wing side, utilized on this forum?

Old 03-30-2010, 11:30 AM

2,735 posts, read 2,464,172 times
Quote:
So... over the course of the last few weeks, we have seen numerous "newbies" pop up on this site. Subsequently, we have also seen the number of flame baiting posts, immature juvinile tactics, and all-in-all illogical debate techniques on the rise here.

Based on my perception of the conversations, the number of people on the conservative side who attempt to logically debate these children is at a much higher ration than those who intentionally stir the pot for their own amusement.

There appear to be quite a few logical and well spoken democrats here, so don't get me wrong, but this influx of moronic behavior of some of these lefties is making you all look bad.

Just my .02. Agree?
Don't agree. I can tell you that many on the right just repeat whatever they heard on Fox or other right media. They usually disappear when confronted with real facts.
I see more irrational people from the right than from the left on this forum.
That is my observation over the last months and I personally would not vote for any typical Republican or Democrat since they are pretty much the same.

Old 03-30-2010, 11:30 AM

12,373 posts, read 13,196,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomdude View Post
So, I can count about 10 RW flame forums just looking at the main page, including this one.......guess you missed those?<snip>
I haven't checked the index page for the other 10 threads but I agree
this one is a flame thread.

Old 03-30-2010, 11:39 AM

4,156 posts, read 11,011,651 times
Quote:
You tell 'em Wayland smart woman!

I totally agree with that. And look, there's not even a smidge of pot stirring there....

it is possible people.

It is ALL about "perspective".

Old 03-30-2010, 11:46 AM

4,156 posts, read 11,011,651 times
Quote:
Can you give me the equivilant of "teabaggers" on the left wing side, utilized on this forum?
Ooh, oh oh oh I know I know!!!! <hand up>

you mean the RW name calling favorites? Well, let's see, there's

"*******"
"commie"
"limp-wrists"

and there's more, but those are the few I can think of off the top of my head.

All are equally inflammatory I think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies