Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 11:55 AM

42 posts, read 86,416 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Yes, we've had alot of newbies pop up with extreme leftist viewpoints, thats for sure. What scares me most is that these youngsters are devoid of the historical context of America and only see it for what the radical, liberal left in the media and in the classroom have taught them. Homosexuality and race issues are very good examples of this. It's only going to get worse.
I am an optimistic person, I don't see it getting much worse. We as adults need to take back the education of our children, we need to be more involved, we need to be responsible for what our children are taught in school and what they are watching or reading. We have become more of a "friend" than a parent, grand parent, or concerned adult as to what the youth of America are learning. We have lost our history of America, it has been distorted by the bleeding hearts within our schools and gov. We need to explain the need to understand the constitution, bill of rights and declaration. How government works and on and on.
It is amazing how many people are researching their "history", what about teaching the real history of the USA. Is great to know about your heritage, but that should include the birth of the USA.

We as honest hard working Americans need to ensure that the people we place in office understand what they are doing for us in office, it is OUR office that they sit in, it is OUR rules they need to follow.

Yes we have come along ways as a country/world, but we have also forgotten where it is that we have come from and I believe this is taking steps in the wrong direction. Sometimes I envy people who grew up in the 40's and 50's. It seems it was a time of being proud to be an American, sure there were issues however children knew that if they got into trouble at school that by the time they got home mom and dad knew, or if they were doing no good down the street that Miss Wilson would grab them by the ear and give them what-for and then take them home to get the what-for from their parents. We were proud of our troops and the many people who served for our freedom.

We have become sick and twisted, look at the movies, TV shows. We hunger for sex, violence and to see the pain of others.

Whatever happened to great shows of the 50's and 60's? Sometimes I wish for the days of my youth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2010, 01:52 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarlilesiu View Post
So... over the course of the last few weeks, we have seen numerous "newbies" pop up on this site. Subsequently, we have also seen the number of flame baiting posts, immature juvinile tactics, and all-in-all illogical debate techniques on the rise here.

Based on my perception of the conversations, the number of people on the conservative side who attempt to logically debate these children is at a much higher ration than those who intentionally stir the pot for their own amusement.

There appear to be quite a few logical and well spoken democrats here, so don't get me wrong, but this influx of moronic behavior of some of these lefties is making you all look bad.

Just my .02. Agree?
We've seen them come...and go. I would think a lot of the "newbies" who wade right in are alters.

They just can't contain themselves when it comes to personal attacks and insults, which should ALWAYS be reported, per the TOS.

Old 03-30-2010, 02:10 PM

59,053 posts, read 27,318,346 times
I read a lot of posts from people who admit to still being in college. They no it all. They get flustered when their postings get debunked by facts. they then resort to the name calling and trying to divert the conversation because they can't back up their claims.

Old 03-30-2010, 02:42 PM

24,411 posts, read 23,070,474 times
Its the baiters( race, class, sexual preference) that have very low reputation and are new posters. Just look at whatever side they claim to be on and you can be 90% sure they're on the other side trying to make people look bad and to create division. And more than likely these losers have more than one screen name.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies