Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2010, 10:13 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Oh really?

Would anyone care to point out these rights in any Biblical text?

Amendment 1 - Freedom of Religion, Press, Expression. Ratified 12/15/1791. Note

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Amendment 2 - Right to Bear Arms. Ratified 12/15/1791. Note

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Amendment 3 - Quartering of Soldiers. Ratified 12/15/1791. Note

No Soldier shall, in time of peace be quartered in any house, without the consent of the Owner, nor in time of war, but in a manner to be prescribed by law.

Amendment 4 - Search and Seizure. Ratified 12/15/1791.

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Amendment 5 - Trial and Punishment, Compensation for Takings. Ratified 12/15/1791.

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

Amendment 6 - Right to Speedy Trial, Confrontation of Witnesses. Ratified 12/15/1791.

In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the Assistance of Counsel for his defence.

Amendment 7 - Trial by Jury in Civil Cases. Ratified 12/15/1791.

In Suits at common law, where the value in controversy shall exceed twenty dollars, the right of trial by jury shall be preserved, and no fact tried by a jury, shall be otherwise re-examined in any Court of the United States, than according to the rules of the common law.

Amendment 8 - Cruel and Unusual Punishment. Ratified 12/15/1791.

Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.
Creator does not mean God. An atheist is in the same boat as a believer in God. It's about the belief in personal property rights.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2010, 10:40 PM

223 posts, read 169,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Please add the adjective "informed" to your anchor, consent, to reveal the fraud.

The public education system obliterates the possibility of an informed public.
Obliterates is quite inaccurate.
Anyone can get an education if they want one.
Anyone can choose to not be informed as well, with clear evidence surrounding us on this board.

Old 03-31-2010, 10:43 PM

223 posts, read 169,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Horsemen View Post
I know I wasn't going to go along with the spoonfed media calling Joe Stack a madman and terrorist, that's for sure. At worst he was an upset taxpayer, not some deranged lunatic out for IRS employee blood.

And I'm sure he tried all the avenues before he went off the cliff. I believe that much.
So you have absolutely no proof of anything, you're going by your political leanings.
It seems that you have pre-determined that the government is always wrong.

How are you sure of anything another person does.
You are not this person, nor have you ever met them.

You are very interesting in your emotional and opinionated posts.

You know nothing about a person or situation yet you claim that you know it all.
Your posts have no credibility, thanks for clarifying.

Old 03-31-2010, 10:45 PM

15,089 posts, read 8,631,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Even if this had been true - which it isn't - Darwin was anything but a hack. He lacked a lot of the facts we now have in biology, but his basic insight was sound then and is sound today. Did he get a lot of details wrong? Sure. New facts pop up and theories are adjusted.

You might as well make fun of Newton for not understanding relativity.
Did you mean gravity or Physics? I think that Einstein fellow was the relativity guy, of course I could be mistaken here too

Quote:
Which has done nothing to disprove evolution.
This really does define your complete lack of understanding of the matter in one neat sentence. The discovery of both modern man and that of his alleged evolutionary ancestor coexisting is a major hurdle. The evolution champions answer this rather devastating information with their "Island Theory", which postulates that a closed group of ancient humans collected in an area and settled in, which shielded them from the rest of the species and the various elements which drove their relatives evolutionary processes toward modern man. This group just didn't evolve, and therefore remained unchanged .. and interacted with the more evolved species later. Of course this is such a scientific and sound theory .... NOT. Total hogwash by alleged scientists who'd do ANYTHING to avoid admitting that their entire life's work amounted to nonsense, which is the only conceivable reason for such a ridiculous theory to gain any acceptance whatsoever, especially given the complete absence of ONE SINGLE fossilized example of evolutionary transition ... not one! (This lack of transitional records in fossils is the major evidence proving evolution theory to be absolute nonsense, and is a topic all to itself.) And as Darwin himself said, "Lastly, looking not to any one time, but to all time, if my theory be true, numberless intermediate varieties, linking closely together all the species of the same group, must assuredly have existed. But, as by this theory, innumerable transitional forms must have existed, why do we not find them embedded in countless numbers in the crust of the earth?"

To this day, not one of these "numberless" transitional fossils have surfaced.

Quote:
Which accredited universities have published this research? It's Nobel material, if true.
Again, there is not one single fossilized transitional record ...with 100's of Millions of fossils collected, there should be Millions, but not a single one. The bottom line is that there is only theory, and no evidence to support it. The earth's estimated age has increased from 2.3 Billion at the turn of the century to 4.6 Billion years today to accommodate more advanced techniques in measuring microbiological species mutation and change, and still not enough time to model a tadpole transitioning to a freaking Parrot. Probably because its a ludicrous idea on its face.

Quote:
Not really, no. The gaps you need to stuff the creator into have grown smaller and smaller.
The gaps have only grown larger, as science has enough tools now to actually measure evolution and cannot find an example to use. You making an off-the-cuff statement doesn't change the facts.

Quote:
Ah. You were so close, and then it slipped: Intelligent Design is political, not scientific. An assessment that I entirely agree with. So do most of the "design proponents" - they were even kind enough to provide us with the wedge document etc.
Funny how you are so quick to embrace the idea that "creation" is political, while "evolution" is purely scientific? It's really the exact opposite. The entire premise behind evolution was an effort to prove a universal negative, which is impossible to do. That is to prove that God (or a Creator) does not exist ... and here's the proof ... "evolution".

I'm not a religious person myself .. as I find religion to be just another tool of manipulation, and deceit to control people. So I have no religious motive driving my belief system. I do believe in intelligent design because, for lack of sound evidence to the contrary, ID is the most logical default conclusion.

And you might find it odd that one of Darwin's followers, Sir Arthur Keith, the famous British evolutionary anthropologist and anatomist said, "Evolution is unproved and unprovable. We believe it only because the alternative is Special Creation, and that is unthinkable." However, this is not acceptable under general principles of science. Unless a natural mechanism constrained by Natural Law, by which the entire universe could come into existence and further develop through random process, is found, a Creator must be the theoretical default. It doesn't matter whether an individual scientist has difficulty accepting it or not."

Clearly what Sir Arthur Keith was explaining here was that the theory of evolution was a political issue, as science wasn't about to concede that a Creator exists, regardless of the evidence, but that if scientific method was actually observed, Creation would be the accepted truth until evidence emerged to prove it wrong.

Quote:
That is very good advice. Anyone thinking that the modern ToE is seriously threatened, scientifically, by Intelligent Design needs to heed it.
Evolution has lacked scientific evidence from day one, and still does. It's a total bill of goods and a desperate attempt to prove the non-existence of a "Creator", and therefor, by definition, politically motivated,and not of sound science.

Old 03-31-2010, 11:17 PM

2,347 posts, read 2,784,571 times
Clearly you've resigned your mind to a singular way of unimpirical thought.

Do me a favor. Look at you hand. You looking? Count how many fingers you have....

Got it? Ok...if you're normal (I'm assuming you are) you have FOUR.

There is this odd appendage placed off to the side, what's that about? the thumb...? hmmm

The thumb is a opposable index, ie it's manueverable, it does all sorts of amazing things. There is only one group of animals that the "thumb" appears on...you guessed it primates. Why would God/Creator give me and a monkey a thumb?

The thumb is why humans are the way we are. Everything about us can basically be attributed to that seemingly insignificant appendage. It allowed us to make weapons, then hunt, then farm, build cities, write, paint, rule, fight, and type---oh and open the door.

Evolution takes millions of years to occur, and thousands of thousands of generations. Traits and features get incorporated/discorporated per generation, per condition. Cheetahs match the savvanah because all the cats that were hot pink were eaten before they could reproduce...it's a rather simple concept. Why are whales mammals? That means we share a common ancester. Just because we didn't stumble onto a set of bones doesn't mean scientists can't prove it. Whales have legs bones...we know this, because, we can disect whales and look.

We can barely find human remains from 5000 years ago let alone 3 million years ago. In fact scientists found another human species that dates from about 30,000 years ago. Human remains really don't last that long...as macbre as that sounds, they don't.

You have relegated all impirical thought to a simple well, God the Creator must be the thing in between me and the monkey. When in fact that isn't true, because it's an unprovable belief.

Are humans spiritual beings...maybe, depends who you ask? Are we different than all other animals, maybe, how do we know what they're thinking?

I think you need to read up on modern evolutionary thoughts. Creationism/intelligent design is always associated politics because religious nutjubs make it about politics..."we need to teach our kids these truths" when in fact they sat down in a back room and hammered this cockamamy idea out on a napkin, to **** off the liberals. So intelligent design is used to prove the exisitense of a divine being.

Humans only know what we see. We can believe whatever we want to.

Old 03-31-2010, 11:48 PM

[quote=lmkcin;13545782]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
This really does define your complete lack of understanding of the matter in one neat sentence. The discovery of both modern man and that of his alleged evolutionary ancestor coexisting is a major hurdle. The evolution champions answer this rather devastating information with their "Island Theory", which postulates that a closed group of ancient humans collected in an area and settled in, which shielded them from the rest of the species and the various elements which drove their relatives evolutionary processes toward modern man. This group just didn't evolve, and therefore remained unchanged .. and interacted with the more evolved species later. Of course this is such a scientific and sound theory .... NOT. Total hogwash by alleged scientists who'd do ANYTHING to

Clearly you've resigned your mind to a singular way of unimpirical thought.

Do me a favor. Look at you hand. You looking? Count how many fingers you have....

Got it? Ok...if you're normal (I'm assuming you are) you have FOUR.

There is this odd appendage placed off to the side, what's that about? the thumb...? hmmm

The thumb is a opposable index, ie it's manueverable, it does all sorts of amazing things. There is only one group of animals that the "thumb" appears on...you guessed it primates. Why would God/Creator give me and a monkey a thumb?

The thumb is why humans are the way we are. Everything about us can basically be attributed to that seemingly insignificant appendage. It allowed us to make weapons, then hunt, then farm, build cities, write, paint, rule, fight, and type---oh and open the door.

Evolution takes millions of years to occur, and thousands of thousands of generations. Traits and features get incorporated/discorporated per generation, per condition. Cheetahs match the savvanah because all the cats that were hot pink were eaten before they could reproduce...it's a rather simple concept. Why are whales mammals? That means we share a common ancester. Just because we didn't stumble onto a set of bones doesn't mean scientists can't prove it. Whales have legs bones...we know this, because, we can disect whales and look.

We can barely find human remains from 5000 years ago let alone 3 million years ago. In fact scientists found another human species that dates from about 30,000 years ago. Human remains really don't last that long...as macbre as that sounds, they don't.

You have relegated all impirical thought to a simple well, God the Creator must be the thing in between me and the monkey. When in fact that isn't true.

Are humans spiritual beings...maybe, depends who you ask? Are we different than all other animals, maybe, how do we know what they're thinking?

I think you need to read up on modern evolutionary thoughts. Creationism/intelligent design is always associated politics because religious nutjubs make it about politics..."we need to teach our kids these truths" when in fact they sat down in a back room and hammered this cockamamy idea out on a napkin, to **** off the liberals. So intelligent design is used to prove the exisitense of a divine being.

Humans only know what we see. We can believe whatever we want to.
the theory of evolution isn't strictly assigned to humans and monkeys, in case you are confused, so the thumb issue means what exactly"? I'll tell you .. NOTHING. That's what it tells us, absolutely nothing other than we share a common trait. Humans have two ears too ... and just how many species have two ears? What does that tell us?

The human being shares 30% of the genetic code of a banana .. are we 30% banana? Did we evolve from a banana?
Taken one step further ... which of the various multitude of primates that currently coexist with us more advanced monkeys did we come from? Hmmm? And why are all of these primates still around, still maintaing their own special and very unique forms?

And I suppose your comments about "human remains" not "lasting very long" is your attempt at explaining the absence of fossil records? FOSSILS ARE NOT JUST REMAINS ... they are images, impressions in rock, as well as petrified remains, and we have plenty of them that certainly did last ... just none of the hundreds of millions collected has ever shown a transition ... not with monkeys, humans, insects, plants ... NOTHING.

Here's the deal ... the theory of evolution would suggest that if we watched long enough, a laptop computer would emerge from a pile of raw materials ... an exaggeration ... but not too far off of the ridiculous idea that the the 100's of millions of complex species that exist emerged from a slimy goo of proteins and acids by random chance and occurrence.

The possibility of this is about as remote as taking trillions of ones and zeros, and by shaking them up long enough, one could eventually wind up with Microsoft Windows. It's ridiculous.

You have complex DNA code .. and code sequence translators, that by infinitesimally small changes come up with radical differences .. and this is all random ... no intelligent design? Wrong .. just a lack of intelligent analysis.

It would be like taking a swiss watch apart ... looking at the complexity of the mechanism and agreeing that it must have been formed by natural processes.

THIS IS NOT A RELIGIOUS ARGUMENT. This is a bloody common sense argument. We have today, genetic engineers creating new species .. genetically modifying others ... and even with present knowledge, they still have no clue as to the impact of their manipulations.

You may want to isolate the argument between two equally ridiculous ideas ... random chance evolution or design by some bearded old man floating in the clouds who watches all of us ... two very narrow viewpoints. But that's your choices not mine.

Frankly, the evolution thing is just proof of the ridiculous things that the human mind can generate ... with the complexity of the vast universe beyond our ability to grasp .. we just decree that its all a random jumble of coincidence.

Brilliant deduction.

Last edited by CaseyB; 04-01-2010 at 06:03 AM.. Reason: personal attack

Old 04-01-2010, 12:24 AM

People resort to name calling when they have run out of more constructive things to say, or if they're children.

Evolution can impirically explain all life on this planet. Intelligent design (aka creationism) is a manufactured delusion of some neo-con Christians. Even the Catholic Church is weary about intelligent design, The Vatican has even come out stating that Evolution doesn't refute God's plan.

Are you seriosuly questioning the validity of the thumb...? Jesus, try opening a door, you can't. Everything it means to be human is because of that thumb.

I know what fossils are...unlike you, I've been a museum--and not the Creationism Musuem in Kentucky or Kansas, wherever it is. Next time I see the face print of a human in a rock I'll facebook it or something. Do you think it's really as easy as walking out your back door, throwing your shovel into the ground and diggin up the "missing link?" I mean seriously. Scientist discover new things everyday--part of being human is the abilty to learn. Figure a human takes up about 10 square feet, and how many millions of sqaure miles are there that comprise the many continents...a proverbial needle anyone? They can only find fossil remains in accessible areas like deserts or plains. But if the land is a forest now...they can't find anything. To answer your questions about which monkey--its the chimpanzee. At some point many millions of years ago we divergered..so we have a common ancestor. This isn't happening one organism at a time, again its happening over thousands of generations over millions of years to every organism born to the generation. We're therefore talking presumably millions of organisms undergoing this change. It is only noticable in retrospective.

But again you don't need the petrified remains of an animal to determine evolution. Again look at your thumb...it's really quite easy to do, sans the attitude. If you got down all fours you would resemble everyother four legged creature...but something musta happened along the way for us to stand up right...hmm what can humans do more efficiently than any other animal?...RUN. Oh yeah. cheetahs might run faster, but we run more efficiently, a HUGE advantage in the plains of Africa.

Evolution has every bit to do with environment as it does genetics. We also know we can affect evolution...it's called gene therapy. I fail to see what your problem is. It just seems like you can't accept something because it's starring you in the face.

So you really don't need tangible proof to prove evolution (but bones do help) , all you need is to think about your body and how it works. And since you took offense to my only using humans...look at giraffes, horses and cows...dear Jesus, they look and act the same. Did you know the cow and whale are related? Now you do.

So it seems to me that you are the one who stuck his fingers in his ear and shouted, "LA-LA-LA-LA"

The truth hurts but it will also set you free.

Last edited by lmkcin; 04-01-2010 at 12:42 AM..

Old 04-01-2010, 01:13 AM

[quote=GuyNTexas;13545993]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmkcin View Post

.the theory of evolution isn't strictly assigned to humans and monkeys, in case you are confused, so the thumb issue means what exactly"? I'll tell you .. NOTHING. That's what it tells us, absolutely nothing other than we share a common trait. Humans have two ears too ... and just how many species have two ears? What does that tell us?

The human being shares 30% of the genetic code of a banana .. are we 30% banana? Did we evolve from a banana?
Taken one step further ... which of the various multitude of primates that currently coexist with us more advanced monkeys did we come from? Hmmm? And why are all of these primates still around, still maintaing their own special and very unique forms?

We share common ancestors. It might go back 3 billion years, but the DNA is the proof, how can you still refute that? It's really not that difficult... you and your cousins share the same grandparents, but you are not genetically identical to them, if so, you'd be twins, you only share the traits common to your grandparents and the parent/sibling combination. You have to open your mind to understand this process took/takes, is currently taking, millions/billions of years, like most Americans you want instant gratification.... you know this is like 10th grade biology, right?

And I suppose your comments about "human remains" not "lasting very long" is your attempt at explaining the absence of fossil records? FOSSILS ARE NOT JUST REMAINS ... they are images, impressions in rock, as well as petrified remains, and we have plenty of them that certainly did last ... just none of the hundreds of millions collected has ever shown a transition ... not with monkeys, humans, insects, plants ... NOTHING.

Here's the deal ... the theory of evolution would suggest that if we watched long enough, a laptop computer would emerge from a pile of raw materials ... an exaggeration ... but not too far off of the ridiculous idea that the the 100's of millions of complex species that exist emerged from a slimy goo of proteins and acids by random chance and occurrence.

when given 4.5 billion years, how do you know otherwise? I can use your argument against you.
A laptop is an inanimate object. So thanks for comparing trillions of living organism to some pieces of plastic and metal.

The possibility of this is about as remote as taking trillions of ones and zeros, and by shaking them up long enough, one could eventually wind up with Microsoft Windows. It's ridiculous.

and yet that's basically the binary system of numbers so....whats your point?

You have complex DNA code .. and code sequence translators, that by infinitesimally small changes come up with radical differences .. and this is all random ... no intelligent design? Wrong .. just a lack of intelligent analysis.

where you pulling this bull from...seriously? every organism on this planet...including you has the same 4 DNA compounds...Adenine, guanine, thyosine, and cytosine. That's it. everything you are and a tree is can be traced into compound. You really hate the fact that evolution is a process over millions of years. Traits get bred in and out over generations. DNA carries the trait sequece...again, seriously?

It would be like taking a swiss watch apart ... looking at the complexity of the mechanism and agreeing that it must have been formed by natural processes.

An orgamism isn't as simple as a watch or laptop. Rather than arbitrarily question it you should read about. physiology, social behaivour, biolgy. Every orgamism fullfills a niche in the ecosystem it's placed. This niche is determined through natural selection. No two organisms share the same niche...if so, one will win--survival of the fittest.

THIS IS NOT A RELIGIOUS ARGUMENT. This is a bloody common sense argument. We have today, genetic engineers creating new species .. genetically modifying others ... and even with present knowledge, they still have no clue as to the impact of their manipulations.

God./Creator=religion, can't get outta that one. For as much as intelligent design makes sense to you, evolution makes perfect sense to me, it's as clear as day, and the fact I have to even bother explaining this in this day and age is beneath me, but I like the challenge.

You may want to isolate the argument between two equally ridiculous ideas ... random chance evolution or design by some bearded old man floating in the clouds who watches all of us ... two very narrow viewpoints. But that's your choices not mine.

There is nothing random about evolution. It just cant't be calculted into a math equation. It is based on first genetics of the species and second envirnment. If humans haven't destroyed the planet or an aseriod hasn't hit, or Jesus hasn't returned...humans one million years from now will look entirely different. Hell in the past few centuries we've gotten taller do to the environment we've created.

Intelligent design was invented, ie made up, by some nut jobs who weren't allowed to teach creationism in public schools. It has no basis in scientific thought. But has everything to do with religion.

Frankly, the evolution thing is just proof of the ridiculous things that the human mind can generate ... with the complexity of the vast universe beyond our ability to grasp .. we just decree that its all a random jumble of coincidence.

like God?

Brilliant deduction.

Last edited by CaseyB; 04-01-2010 at 06:03 AM..

Old 04-01-2010, 01:43 AM

1 posts, read 784 times
FROM: [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Missing_link]Transitional fossil - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/url]

"Transitional fossils (popularly termed missing links) are the fossilized remains of intermediary forms of life that illustrate an evolutionary transition. They can be identified by their retention of certain primitive (plesiomorphic) traits in comparison with their more derived relatives, as they are defined in the study of cladistics. Numerous examples exist, including those of primates and early humans."

LIST OF MISSING LINKS: [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_transitional_fossils]List of transitional fossils - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/url]

Old 04-01-2010, 02:36 AM

Quote:
People resort to name calling when they have run out of more constructive things to say, or if they're children.
Or when they are frustrated with a criminal level of stupidity.

Quote:
Evolution can impirically explain all life on this planet. Intelligent design (aka creationism) is a manufactured delusion of some neo-con Christians. Even the Catholic Church is weary about intelligent design, The Vatican has even come out stating that Evolution doesn't refute God's plan.
The lack of any evidence in the fossil record showing the transition for this evolution should exist if the theory were true ... and that is according to Darwin, himself. That there isn't a single instance of it, refutes the theory, as well as the other common sense reasons mentioned.

And you are the one who keeps injecting the religious argument here ... this is the diversion used when you have no evidence to support your ridiculous claims.

Quote:
Are you seriosuly questioning the validity of the thumb...? Jesus, try opening a door, you can't. Everything it means to be human is because of that thumb.
No, I'm refuting the validity or applicability of the straw man argument you keep trying to construct. And if EVERYTHING it means to be human is because of that thumb, why are monkeys not human ... they even have opposing digits on the feet as well as their hands?

You really don't see how ridiculous you are, do you?

Quote:
I know what fossils are...unlike you, I've been a museum--and not the Creationism Musuem in Kentucky or Kansas, wherever it is. Next time I see the face print of a human in a rock I'll facebook it or something.
You've got me there ... I must admit that I have never been a museum. Been a lot of things in my life, but a museum isn't one of them.

Quote:
Do you think it's really as easy as walking out your back door, throwing your shovel into the ground and diggin up the "missing link?" I mean seriously.
Yes .. and I mean seriously ... you obviously don't understand the concept here .... this slow progressive evolution of the millions of species on the planet for millions of years ... and the 100's of millions of fossils collected cannot show the transition of any one of those millions of species ... we're not talking about THE "missing link" we're talking about A MISSING LINK out of millions of missing links that should be there .. as in not one single missing link that would provide evidence that the evolution theory was correct. Now take a deep breath, and get some oxygen to your brain ... this isn't a difficult concept ... you should be able to grasp it.

Quote:
Scientist discover new things everyday--part of being human is the abilty to learn. Figure a human takes up about 10 square feet, and how many millions of sqaure miles are there that comprise the many continents...a proverbial needle anyone? They can only find fossil remains in accessible areas like deserts or plains. But if the land is a forest now...they can't find anything.
This is your expert opinion? It's hard to find .. stuff gets covered up. How F'ing old are you?

Quote:
To answer your questions about which monkey--its the chimpanzee. At some point many millions of years ago we divergered..so we have a common ancestor. This isn't happening one organism at a time, again its happening over thousands of generations over millions of years to every organism born to the generation. We're therefore talking presumably millions of organisms undergoing this change. It is only noticable in retrospective.
Only noticeable in retrospective? So there is a retrospective? As in some fossilized record of this transition? Or do you mean noticeable as in we both have friggin thumbs, so ...duh .. we must have evolved from them? We have eyes ... they have eyes ... we have ears they have ears ... there you have it, proof! Is this the BS you believe?

Quote:
But again you don't need the petrified remains of an animal to determine evolution. Again look at your thumb...it's really quite easy to do, sans the attitude. If you got down all fours you would resemble everyother four legged creature...but something musta happened along the way for us to stand up right...hmm what can humans do more efficiently than any other animal?...RUN. Oh yeah. cheetahs might run faster, but we run more efficiently, a HUGE advantage in the plains of Africa.
You simply cannot be for real. This is a joke ... fess up. Who put you up to this nonsensical diatribe of insanity?

I'm not going to address the thumb again. You really are obsessed. But the most efficient runner? Not even close to the truth. Walking heal first is more efficient than toe first, but running toe first is FAR MORE EFFICIENT. We sacrifice in the running department, and are one of the LEAST efficient runners because of the heel first walking stability we gain. So you are flat WRONG AGAIN.

Quote:
Evolution has every bit to do with environment as it does genetics. We also know we can affect evolution...it's called gene therapy. I fail to see what your problem is. It just seems like you can't accept something because it's starring you in the face.
Funny, those are my sentiments exactly.

Quote:
So you really don't need tangible proof to prove evolution (but bones do help) , all you need is to think about your body and how it works. And since you took offense to my only using humans...look at giraffes, horses and cows...dear Jesus, they look and act the same. Did you know the cow and whale are related? Now you do.
I must admit, I often confuse giraffes and horses and cows, and I'm a Texan!!! But the differences do become apparent when you need a three story ladder to put a halter on a giraffe Sorry, but this is so ridiculous I really didn't know what else to say except ...... DON'T FORGET YOUR MEDS.

Quote:
So it seems to me that you are the one who stuck his fingers in his ear and shouted, "LA-LA-LA-LA"

The truth hurts but it will also set you free.
Believe me ... at this point, you're right, I am sticking my fingers in my ears, because I just can't take anymore of your complete utter nonsensical ramblings.

You really are a disturbed person!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies