Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who has a harder time being accepted by society???
BLACKS 17 16.67%
GAYS 40 39.22%
IMMIGRANTS 10 9.80%
NONE OF THEM 12 11.76%
ALL OF THEM 15 14.71%
OTHER.....Please state who! 8 7.84%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2014, 07:09 PM

6,509 posts, read 8,454,330 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spatula City View Post
Actually, that's not true.

12 states still ban sodomy a decade after court ruling

It's not really enforced, but it's still there and nobody is doing anything about it.

Gays have the hardest time for sure... I don't think the majority of people feel entirely comfortable voicing sanctimonious disgust over blacks or immigrants.
Unless someone is dry snitching, how do you get caught in sodomy. Sodomy is also prohibited among heterosexuals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2014, 07:12 PM

6,509 posts, read 8,454,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
Most don't and EW!
Which is one of the reasons behind the discrimination. Not that it's right, I'm just saying how people are.

Old 10-28-2014, 07:56 PM

2,687 posts, read 2,185,556 times
In my opinion

Gay people are more likely to face randomized violence and discrimination (and they can still be legally discriminated against in some places)

Black people are more likely to face racial profiling, especially by the police (but also in retail establishments), will face a tougher slog against the justice system than white people will, and face more harassment by authorities. If black people begin life in a bad economic situation, they face the toughest roadblocks.

Illegal Immigrants are more likely to be economically exploited, or exploited in general.

Legal Immigrants are more likely to face certain types of discrimination, especially if they're from a Spanish-speaking country (people accuse them of being illegals) or a Middle Eastern country (people accuse them of being terrorists). Depending on where they're from, all immigrants, illegal or legal, could face stereotypes about where they're from.

Old 10-28-2014, 08:22 PM

4,745 posts, read 5,572,673 times
A black, gay immigrant probably has the headrest tine being accepted.

Old 10-28-2014, 11:12 PM

778 posts, read 823,729 times
Oppression Olympics is a terrible game to try and play.

Every group has their struggles, and individuals can occupy space in several groups (goodness, a black gay immigrant).

Trying to quantify suffering like this rarely leads anywhere productive.

Old 10-28-2014, 11:14 PM

6,414 posts, read 10,492,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
I think rednecks should have been added to the poll as well...NOBODY but another redneck accepts or likes us and if there is alcohol involved,racing or competitive fishing then we do not even like each other.
I live in Humboldt county, far northern California . There are rednecks here and gay rednecks. That happens too. ha ha I generally get along great with rednecks, but I appear and act like one, always have. But gays have a harder time being accepted. If I looked gay or acted gay, though I can't pull off gay for the life of me, I would not want to take a walk down Eureka in the middle of the night. I am gay, but I look and act like a genuine redneck in most ways and the rednecks think I am one of them, I just don't fish, drink, smoke, chew or race a car, though I know guys that do. When or if they find out I am gay, they often say "Nah, no you ain't, you're not gay, yah kiddin me" then "really?" followed by "but you don't seem gay" and I reply what is gay? As one poster said, one can be black and gay or white and gay, you can hide the gay. I have seen guys come up here and learn real quick to hide being gay, butch it up. I never had that problem, I actually scare gay men and attract women, go figure. And oddly, most of those women are lesbians. Lesbians should have been another category, for gay men and lesbians have a different perception by the straight world.

Old 10-28-2014, 11:27 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,917,022 times
There are others who are less accepted, among them are conservative Bible believing Christians. Just look at how Tim Tebow got treated.

Old 10-28-2014, 11:27 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,755,587 times
I say blacks and gays have the roughest time....

Old 10-29-2014, 03:33 AM

6,414 posts, read 10,492,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meowtotheworld View Post
Are you high on weed?
Are you a religious nut job? Get off your high wagon bible and stop judging people. Your bible means squat, it cannot be proven, nor can your god. Bet you have never had a bj, if you have you are in your words a neo sodomite, ever had sex other then intentionally to reproduce? If yes, you are in your own words a neo sodomite. But the reality of it is that you are a bigot using your bible and your god to justify hate, sick to think that ones god would endorse such behavior.

Old 10-29-2014, 04:12 PM

4,422 posts, read 6,259,038 times
Southern Republicans waste time and taxpayer's money to pass laws specifically targeting gay people from marrying the person they want to marry. Last time I checked, it is legal to fire a person for being gay in most states. You can't say the same for any other group of people listed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies