Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 07:34 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,984,452 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post

Unfortunately, it seems in California the dirty hippies make life too terrifying to consider leaving the base.
LOL. We do. We really do. So watch out or imma throw my smelly Birkenstocks and a copy of The Village Voice at every one of you. (Says JerZ...who lives smack in the middle of Republicanville in sunny Southern California.)

Luckily, there are 49 states that LOVE Karl Rove; he can at least feel 100% safe in any one of those.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2010, 07:37 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,314,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
LOL. We do. We really do. So watch out or imma throw my smelly Birkenstocks and a copy of The Village Voice at every one of you. (Says JerZ...who lives smack in the middle of Republicanville in sunny Southern California.)

Luckily, there are 49 states that LOVE Karl Rove; he can at least feel 100% safe in any one of those.
Not if he happens onto MY lawn.

Old 03-30-2010, 07:43 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,509,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post

This masterful thief named Karl Rove,this great usurper of the United States Constitution, was recently (2 wks. ago) the featured speaker at a gathering of Republicans only a few miles from where I live. I'll tell you how else batsh*t crazy this part of the country is, it welcomed George W. Bush here on repeated occasions, once to stump for someone running for office IN 2008!

When it was toxic to be near Bush and the GOP brand in the 2008 elections, even George W. was a welcome sight in these parts. This is Ronnie Reagan country, as he was educated at a small college near here. A lock GOP district, has been for a century. And Karl Rove came and went with nary a peep from anyone, its not unusual for GOP financed scum like that man to come thru the 18th District.

Kudos to those brave, strong, proud women at Code Pink.

Old 03-30-2010, 07:49 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,800,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
No just ignorant, rude people showing their lack of decency.
You mean this?

YouTube - GOP: Stop Inciting Tea Party VIOLENCE!

Old 03-30-2010, 07:53 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,515,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
Sailordave, you are missing the point. Ann Coulter refers to gays as f-----ts [a word we are not even allowed to write on C-D] but then she goes inside of a restaurant in heavily gay, West Hollywood, hoping not to be recognized. Wouldn't you be upset if a radical leftist called Louisianans as a bunch of idiots but then wanted to have lunch in a well know state restaurant popular with native Louisianans? A person can not expect life to be easy or even normal when they go out of their way to insult and hurt other people. Rove knows he will run into angry people in California because it is a heavily Democratic state. Rove put himself in a situation where he didn't even have security guards & then gets all sissy when a bunch of women confront him! Both Coulter & Rove should be happy that they were in Los Angeles and not San Francisco or Berkeley [because they might of had rotten eggs thrown at them ]. I'm not saying that it is right to thrown eggs but I am saying that it is funny.
If they're there at a scheduled public event then public discourse is OK. However, in the situation of simply eating at a restaurant, I would offer up hospitality. We regularly get people from many parts of the world trying our food for the first time and many locals are happy to help them no matter where they're from. That's how we are in south Louisiana. As for the part in bold, what you meant to say was it's only funny when it happens to people you hate but is mean and wrong when it happens to people you like and support.

Old 03-30-2010, 08:03 PM

Wouldn't it have been more embarassing to Karl Rove if no one showed up at his book signing instead of creating a public disturbance? Wouldn't it have been better if the customers at the restaurant have minded their own business and simply enjoyed their meal instead of causing a spur of the moment protest within a restaurant?

Old 03-30-2010, 08:03 PM

4,301 posts, read 7,031,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
Sailordave, you are missing the point. Ann Coulter refers to gays as f-----ts [a word we are not even allowed to write on C-D] but then she goes inside of a restaurant in heavily gay, West Hollywood, hoping not to be recognized. Wouldn't you be upset if a radical leftist called Louisianans as a bunch of idiots but then wanted to have lunch in a well know state restaurant popular with native Louisianans? A person can not expect life to be easy or even normal when they go out of their way to insult and hurt other people. Rove knows he will run into angry people in California because it is a heavily Democratic state. Rove put himself in a situation where he didn't even have security guards & then gets all sissy when a bunch of women confront him! Both Coulter & Rove should be happy that they were in Los Angeles and not San Francisco or Berkeley [because they might of had rotten eggs thrown at them ]. I'm not saying that it is right to thrown eggs but I am saying that it is funny.
Interesting you should mention Berkeley, the town that crapped a chicken when the Marines opened a recruiting office there. Code Pink picketed that place for the longest time, probably still do it. I would drive out to California and join the Marines at that recruiting office out of spite. Being anti-war is one thing, but hating on the military is just beyond low.

And for the record, Coulter makes money while in character.. While out in public I doubt she maintains that image, because there is no reason to. In most cases we call that being a poser. Stephen Colbert is in character for his show, but on the street? Probably not.

Old 03-30-2010, 08:05 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,816,250 times
California;the land of confusion.

Old 03-30-2010, 08:11 PM

418 posts, read 487,602 times
What I noticed about chicken hawk cowards like Karl Rove is that when you shove a pistol in their face they curl up in the fetal position like a little b****.

Old 03-30-2010, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyfacedjenkins View Post
What I noticed about chicken hawk cowards like Karl Rove is that when you shove a pistol in their face they curl up in the fetal position like a little b****.
Well that's a nice thing to say in this day and age when public officials are getting shot at and their offices vandalized. Is this something you have planned for Karl Rove? Is that how he reacts in your fantasy? Is that how you react when a pistol is shoved in your face? You might want to edit your post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies