Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 10:12 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,449,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyPants View Post
A man in his 20s was shot and seriously wounded Monday night in the Riverdale neighborhood on Chicago's Far South Side, police said.

Chicago is Obama's home town. Obama even has a posh elite home on the South Side. Yet he does nothing!!! Nothing!! It is obvious that he favors criminals and the mainstream liberal media does not call him out on it. Don't tread on me!! Wait till November Hussein

Man seriously wounded in Far South Side shooting - Chicago Breaking News (http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2010/03/man-seriously-wounded-in-far-south-side-shooting.html - broken link)
Are you serious? What just is Obama supposed to do? Get in his bat-mobile and perform a citizen's arrest?

Man, you wingnuts really are grasping at straws now...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2010, 10:15 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,705,136 times
Is this thread a joke? Does the OP seriously expect Obama to take action over some local crime that is lawfully handled by a local jurisdiction?

Does the OP realize the difference in rolls between a federal government and the cops / city administrators?

I'm just baffled and can only hope this is a troll looking for a rise out of us. Otherwise, this thread just reinforces the growing sense that the radical right tea party individuals are not very educated about politics or how government actually functions.

Old 03-30-2010, 10:20 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,311,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Did Joey do this thread to get even for the one about the Arizona rancher? Well sure he did. Obama is getting ready to do something about the Arizona murder, like install amnesty for all the illegals so they can get ready to vote. If they can get the amnesty bill passed soon enough they may be able to get some of those people voting this fall and save some of the hurting Democrats.
I don't read minds like you do, Roy. So I can't answer your question on why Joey started the thread. But I do have to ask why a good conservative like you doesn't welcome Obama following in Reagan's footsteps to embrace amnesty. If it was good enough for the golden idol of the Republican party, why is it suddenly a bad thing under the Obama administration?

PolitiFact | Yep. Reagan did the A-word

Old 03-30-2010, 10:21 PM

3,018 posts, read 3,566,750 times
What? A (possible) joke on CD boards??

Mods! MODS!!!! Arrest this man! He's obviously not one of us!!

Old 03-30-2010, 10:45 PM

223 posts, read 169,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Same policy he had as a community organizer in Chicago...he did nothing for the South Side then and Mayor Daily continues to do nothing now.

Seriously look how far the inner-city of Chicago and its gang/poverty problems have worsened since Daily has been Mayor. Pretty sad.
You've been following Chicago politics that closely even with your screen name?
I'm impressed!
I barely have enough time to follow my own town and I live here.
Hmmmmmm.

Btw it's not Daily, is it? Well, the former mayor spelled it differently.

Old 03-30-2010, 11:09 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,930,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuntieMame View Post
You've been following Chicago politics that closely even with your screen name?
I'm impressed!
I barely have enough time to follow my own town and I live here.
Hmmmmmm.

Btw it's not Daily, is it? Well, the former mayor spelled it differently.
What does a screen name have to do with whether or not an individual is well read/traveled?

Daley, excuse my typo. May I go to recess now teach?

As long as you attacked my spelling and not the content of my statement I guess you really don't have anything of substance to offer in refute do you?.

Old 03-30-2010, 11:48 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,340,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyPants View Post
A man in his 20s was shot and seriously wounded Monday night in the Riverdale neighborhood on Chicago's Far South Side, police said.

Man seriously wounded in Far South Side shooting - Chicago Breaking News (http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2010/03/man-seriously-wounded-in-far-south-side-shooting.html - broken link)
Big Whoop

Old 03-30-2010, 11:56 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,563,668 times
yes JoeyPants Obama seriously could have prevented this shooting! I suggest he could have prevented this by outlawing GUNS! No more shootings people!

Old 03-31-2010, 01:18 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,442,508 times
All i can say is this post for real, sometimes there are some really lame threads, come on now, is it April fools Yet.

Old 03-31-2010, 01:35 AM

258 posts, read 448,278 times
President Obama was supposed to open a bakery in Chicago that sold only diet cookies and it never happened! :-(
Now what am I supposed to do!!!!!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies