Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2010, 06:22 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,191,168 times

Advertisements

Just another lie 2008 attacking mcain for off shore drilling

YouTube - Barack Obama on Offshore Oil Drilling

Now supports off shore drilling
Obama to call for new Atlantic, Gulf oil drilling - Oil & energy- msnbc.com

he has no honesty in him
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2010, 07:00 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,818,791 times
I must admit I am glad. I am ticked that he lied but not ticked about off shore drilling.

There must be some unhappy liberals out there

Old 03-31-2010, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
I must admit I am glad. I am ticked that he lied but not ticked about off shore drilling.

There must be some unhappy liberals out there
I also am happy he is choosing to drill, and happy he showed himself a liar again by doing so

Old 03-31-2010, 07:04 AM

2,314 posts, read 4,781,921 times
There is really no reason for offshore drilling other than creating jobs

It will not decrease oil prices or gas prices, as the price of oil is no longer based on the fundamentals of supply and demand (it is based on the weakness or strength of the US dollar)

It may decrease our dependence on foreign oil slightly, but Obama would be much smarter doing that by investing in alternative energy resources and creating jobs that way

Old 03-31-2010, 07:05 AM

1,062 posts, read 1,015,976 times
I too am glad he's now supporting off shore drilling. I remain suspicious, however.

It's too big of a 180 for him; waiting for the ulterior motive to show itself. And based on this administration, I'm quite sure there is one.

Old 03-31-2010, 07:08 AM

31,387 posts, read 36,934,774 times
August 3, 2008
Obama said Friday that he would be willing to compromise on his position against offshore oil drilling if it were part of a more overarching strategy to lower energy costs.

"My interest is in making sure we've got the kind of comprehensive energy policy that can bring down gas prices," Obama told The Palm Beach Post early into a two-day swing through Florida.

But on Saturday morning, Obama said this "wasn't really a new position."

"I made a general point about the fact that we need to provide the American people some relief and that there has been constructive conversations between Republicans and Democrats in the Senate on this issue," he said during a press conference in Cape Canaveral.
Obama says offshore drilling stance nothing new - CNN.com

Old 03-31-2010, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafster View Post
There is really no reason for offshore drilling other than creating jobs

It will not decrease oil prices or gas prices, as the price of oil is no longer based on the fundamentals of supply and demand (it is based on the weakness or strength of the US dollar)

It may decrease our dependence on foreign oil slightly, but Obama would be much smarter doing that by investing in alternative energy resources and creating jobs that way
so Obama even lies to the environmentalist

Old 03-31-2010, 07:11 AM

31,387 posts, read 36,934,774 times
August 3, 2008
Obama said Friday that he would be willing to compromise on his position against offshore oil drilling if it were part of a more overarching strategy to lower energy costs.

"My interest is in making sure we've got the kind of comprehensive energy policy that can bring down gas prices," Obama told The Palm Beach Post early into a two-day swing through Florida.

But on Saturday morning, Obama said this "wasn't really a new position."

"I made a general point about the fact that we need to provide the American people some relief and that there has been constructive conversations between Republicans and Democrats in the Senate on this issue," he said during a press conference in Cape Canaveral.
Obama says offshore drilling stance nothing new - CNN.com

Old 03-31-2010, 07:14 AM

2,847 posts, read 2,492,353 times
Obama quote

"When I'm president, I intend to keep in place the moratorium here in Florida and around the country that prevents oil companies from drilling off Florida's coasts," Obama told reporters in Jacksonville in late June. "That's how we can protect our coastline and still make the investments that will reduce our dependence on foreign oil and bring down gas prices for good."

Old 03-31-2010, 07:23 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,582,624 times
Ok...I am just a little skeptical about this "about face" on his position...but unless someone can point out some ulterior motive or read between the lines stuff that I am missing, I applaud this move (as it stands). But if this is a compromise to get Cap and trade passed....then it falls short. I hate to sound so suspicious..but it is just a general mistrust of politicians
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies