Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2010, 11:41 AM

918 posts, read 816,809 times

Advertisements

'Right-wing white brothers' may 'attempt to kill' Obama

President's extremist pal calls for protection, rips America in 'decline'

Speaking at a televised roundtable alongside Nation of Islam Leader Louis Farrakhan, a personal friend and recent adviser to President Obama decried "right-wing white brothers" who are attacking Obama and who "could even attempt to kill him."
Cornel West, an extremist race-relations instructor at Princeton, was speaking last Saturday at the "We Count! The Black Agenda is the American Agenda" conference in Chicago organized by talk show host Tavis Smiley. The event was broadcast on CSPAN.
'Right-wing white brothers' may 'attempt to kill' Obama )
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Talk about the kettle calling the pot black...these clowns are the exact equivalent as blacks, as the white racists they bemoan and seek to start a panic over. The fact that Obama calls these hate-mongers "friends" bespeaks volumes about his inner character.

Last edited by CaseyB; 04-10-2010 at 05:13 AM.. Reason: copyright violations
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2010, 12:07 PM

9,519 posts, read 14,741,992 times
Cornel West is not an extremist and Farrakhan, who is, is nonetheless right on the money when he states there is a danger of Obama being killed by a nut. People who spit on Congressmen and call Jim Clyburn a "******" are capable of anything . And the teabaggers are egging them on.

Old 03-31-2010, 12:15 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,712,359 times
Most Presidents are in danger of being killed by a nut.

Old 03-31-2010, 12:49 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,919,735 times
Agree arednt most Presidents in danger of some nut job or group[ trying to kill them?

Old 03-31-2010, 12:57 PM

59,029 posts, read 27,290,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka1 View Post
Cornel West is not an extremist and Farrakhan, who is, is nonetheless right on the money when he states there is a danger of Obama being killed by a nut. People who spit on Congressmen and call Jim Clyburn a "******" are capable of anything . And the teabaggers are egging them on.
As usual some people hear the headlines but, never the real story. Both accusations have been de-bunked.

Old 03-31-2010, 01:53 PM

918 posts, read 816,809 times
Default Qucik Enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
As usual some people hear the headlines but, never the real story. Both accusations have been de-bunked.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
More like being deluded if you think West isn't an "extremist". The word defines that jerk as it does Limbo Louie. An ultra-leftist is an extremist in my book every day of the week.

Everyone knows by now that, as you said, the guy had his hands to his mouth shouting, not spitting. Not to even mention the "verified" hate threat incidents by the left upon the right. The door swings both ways, but it started swingin' from the left with malicious political intent and was initiated by Clyburn and other Oba-maniacs to put the right on the defensive AND as a distraction as they lead up to an agenda for Shamnesty Part Two on the immigration issue and seek to distract the the media glare from what Dame Morose-i promised us when she said we'd have to pass the bill to see what's in it. Now America IS seeing what's in it and ain't very happy about it neither!

Old 03-31-2010, 01:57 PM

938 posts, read 1,230,267 times
wow. I had a boatload of respect for Cornell West until I read that. I'm truly saddened.

Old 03-31-2010, 02:05 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,939,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Horsemen View Post
wow. I had a boatload of respect for Cornell West until I read that. I'm truly saddened.
I'm sure you had a lot of respect for the guy whose name you can't spell. What have you read of his? If you think that what he says is outlandish, racist, or even significantly different than his usual stance on things, then I doubt you know much about West.

If you really had much respect for West, do you have a problem with the article referring to him as a "hate-monger"? I've read tons of articles and attended a couple lectures by West, and never have I heard him preach hatred of any sort.

The fact that WND is trying to attack people who are speaking out against the hateful vitriol and violent rhetoric in the current political moment laughable. If you want to say "hey conservatives get it too," I find that a weak position but it's certainly better than this nonsense. But "The Black Racists Are At It Again"? No one with any sense would reach this conclusion from the article provided.

Old 03-31-2010, 02:05 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,987,932 times
This country really is going to hell in a hand basket faster than you can bat an eye.

Old 03-31-2010, 02:11 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,040,586 times
I never heard a white racist refer to black people as there black "brothers and sisters". Must be a new kind of racism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies