Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2010, 07:39 PM

1,791 posts, read 1,792,762 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
way to generalize an entire race with one Ignorant post. Congratulations

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Fact that you are looking at an individuals race to begin with tells me all I need to know, in addition to the fact that you keep ignoring

Quote:
Originally Posted by msina View Post
Gee how many people that did vote for President Obama now regret it? Do you really think Sen. McCain would have been a better choice? I don't happen to think so.
I am not one to "write off" anyone that shows up each day and tries to do their best at work.
I don't regret it.
No.
Me either.
Same here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
As an African American, I can't say that I've experienced allot of hate from gays. Since you're interested...the next time I get called the N-word, I'll ask them their sexual preference before I smash them in the face.
That would make a great comedy scene in a movie. LMAO.

So tired of the race issue. Get over it everybody.
But being from Indiana, I enjoy the Indianapolis 500.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2010, 08:34 PM

1,915 posts, read 3,486,709 times
Quote:
I just find this comment so laughable. Please stop blaming "white guilt" on the election and place the blame where it belonged...McCain.
White guilt? Maybe some felt that way but it was more of a "lets get a black guy in office b/c times, well - let's PROVE they are a changin'." Not to mention that a lot of people, who hadn't voted in the past 20 years, managed to find their way to the polls...could have cared LESS about Obama's political platform (other than some who thought he would pay their car payments, gas bills, etc.) let alone McCain's and who his running mate was. I highly doubt a good percentage even KNEW who McCain was. Let alone Palin.

I'd love to see two black people running the next round. One D and one R. How would those who voted for Obama based on the color of his skin vote then? It would be back to basics.

Quote:
Several folks that I spoke too who are staunch republicans would NOT vote for McCain because of his running mate. They did not want to vote for Obama and even to this day regret having to be forced to make that decision. Had McCain selected Romney, he would have won not only the "white" votes but many of the black votes as well. The blame goes to McCain pure and simple. Hopefully the next Republican candidate will not make the same mistake.
I'll up your "several". I spoke to more than several people (my clientele are about 90% black - and we're talking broke folks, welfare, 5 kids by 5 men and 1 man with 8 kids by 4 women, not informed, not riding high on a college degree, etc. ) and they just wanted to see a black guy in office (they are the ones who don't really vote on a consistent basis, but they sure did make an effort this past Presidential election). Anecdotal? Sure. But so is your example.

Old 03-31-2010, 08:38 PM

10,031 posts, read 9,507,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
All one has to do is look at the response (and lack of respect) that the Republican masses had/have for Michael Steele to see what the majority of these folks think of Black people.

Whenever I venture behind the Orange Curtain (Orange County, CA) I am greeted unprovoked by the nastiest looks/attitude from the residents of this bastion of Republicans.
The sad part is that there are many Blacks who have very conservative views yet the fact that the Republican party (or at least its voters) makes it well known that "others" really are not welcome.
If your attempt is to portray all Repubicans as a bunch of racists, you might want to make up (lies) posts that are a little more convincing than "everytime I venture into Orange County"....

Either that or it's your bad attitude that people are responding to.

Old 03-31-2010, 08:49 PM

948 posts, read 894,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Yeah, really. I'm still trying to find a black Republican in Congress..

Fact that there isn't any, tells me all I need to know..
Yeah, the Democrats won't let 'em in.

But that's about to change in a big way.

Old 03-31-2010, 09:03 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,088,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Which is probably the only reason you voted for him. If Watts was a REAL black man, I'm sure your thinking would have been much different....

Upton, when are you going to explain to us what a REAL black man is? I assure you most of us do not know. You don't want us to go through life making the mistake of thinking we are talking to a black man only to find out he was not REAL black man, do you?

We are all waiting for you to educate us.

Old 03-31-2010, 09:12 PM

3,175 posts, read 3,655,234 times
Ummmm, Uncle Tom?
Who is the real racist???

Old 03-31-2010, 09:15 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,507,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
A whopping 17 of them
Case closed
That's 17 more people of color than the lily-white Coffee Party has.

Old 03-31-2010, 09:40 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow
That is because the black democrat voters are given a fish, and never taught how to fish. They have come to rely on that fish. Fishing is too hard.

If there was a strong, very conservative black Republican, that was likable, and not called an uncle tom buy their own black community. Making them in fear to run for the seat as a Republican.

The black communities have been brain washed with the free fish.
Instead of getting off their asses, and go fishing.

way to generalize an entire race with one Ignorant post. Congratulations

I just repeated the words of a known political and financial analyst Black Independent voter. Those are not my words. They are that of Charles Payne. The same Charles Payne, who grew up in the Harlem section of New York City. Payne speaks about being beaten up for “talking white” and wanting a briefcase and calculator for Christmas, only to have his things destroyed.

Old 03-31-2010, 09:53 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,939,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I just repeated the words of a known political and financial analyst Black Independent voter. Those are not my words. They are that of Charles Payne. The same Charles Payne, who grew up in the Harlem section of New York City. Payne speaks about being beaten up for “talking white” and wanting a briefcase and calculator for Christmas, only to have his things destroyed.
Well, if a black person says it, it MUST be true. Sorry, but there are lots of little puppets like this on the right.

No one should call someone an "Uncle Tom" or a "race traitor" for voting a particular way, but you have to understand, when a black person makes all of these proclamations about "other" blacks who are deluded or whatever, and then a white person takes it as the gospel Truth, repeats the comments, and then defends themselves by saying "hey, a black guy said it," like you just did, it definitely makes people angry.

The fact of the matter is, the Republican party has, on the whole, not been very good on issues important to many African-Americans. You can deny it all you want, but the fact of the matter is, black people who vote are not just brainwashed drones, we can figure out which party is better for us perfectly well. Some choose conservative, most choose liberal.

Old 03-31-2010, 10:07 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,341,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
That's 17 more people of color than the lily-white Coffee Party has.
Coffee Party? Does it really exist?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies