Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2010, 07:10 PM

700 posts, read 635,529 times

Advertisements

Democrat:

1. College Football (LSU)
2. Soccer (International competition, UEFA champions league, English Premier League; Not yet a fan of the MLS)
3. Tennis
4. Pro Football (Saints)
5. Pro Basketball (Hornets) although the game could use a few less divas.

Wrestling is merely entertainment masquerading as a sport. It's basically a soap opera. Ditto for boxing.

I enjoy playing golf but don't enjoy watching others play it. Ditto for baseball.

We have a local hockey team called the Louisiana icegators. They have more fights than goals. Can't say I'm a huge hockey fan but I like to see them figh...err...play.

Other than that I like to watch the olympics, especially the swimming competitions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2010, 11:11 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,424,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimrome View Post
Can't believe republicans prefer golf to the NBA, rich white people as opposed to young blacks, shocking!

yeah that didn't take long.

I know MANY republicans that watch the NBA so take your raciest crap and slam it in the "hoop"!

I love Pro-football, hockey and NASCAR. Golf blah BORING!!! Wresting is NOT a sport, baseball to slow moving, basketball I tried to understand the rules but I just don't get it. I don't get why they can bump sometimes but not others. Anyway, there you have it from a female republican that does not always vote republican.

Old 04-02-2010, 12:48 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,380,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Queen View Post
yeah that didn't take long.

I know MANY republicans that watch the NBA so take your raciest crap and slam it in the "hoop"!

I love Pro-football, hockey and NASCAR. Golf blah BORING!!! Wresting is NOT a sport, baseball to slow moving, basketball I tried to understand the rules but I just don't get it. I don't get why they can bump sometimes but not others. Anyway, there you have it from a female republican that does not always vote republican.
Thank you Cyber Queen, think he's been smoking something. He is full of it, i love basketball, i could give a crap, what colors are playing my favorite sport, go LAKERS. Most of my republician friends hate the sport of gulf. Who makes this stuff up.

Old 04-02-2010, 12:51 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,380,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimrome View Post
Can't believe republicans prefer golf to the NBA, rich white people as opposed to young blacks, shocking!

Please don't speak for the whole Republician Party, because this would be a lie. I hate golf, so do all my republician friends, hate it with a passion. BASKETBALL, GO MY LAKERS. BASEBALL, HOCKEY, FOOTBALL, UFC FIGHTING AND NASCAR, LOVE CAR RACES, GOLF SUCKS ALONG WITH TIGER.

Old 04-02-2010, 01:10 AM

527 posts, read 466,108 times
I think that sports are just relics from the days of warrior training, preparing the young mind to accept war, instilling the basic principles used to train soldiers- and sacrificing oneself 'for the team' and they instill and promote the 'us against them' mentality so prevalent in the world, and the root of most problems in politics today-the arguments between Democrats and Republicans, with both sides saying how the other team sux is exactly the same as Cubs fans and White Sox fans arguing in a Chicago bar-most people when discussing politics fall easily into this 'sports arguing mentality' -the sports fanatics paint themselves with the team colors and their first impulse when their team wins a championship is to riot and tip over cars or set fire to them-citizens of the same city will get in fights over teams from opposite sides of the same city-
Sports programs in schools usually take priority over other curriculums that are more worthy to society-the benefits that are usually attributed to sports-learning to work with teammates, providing a sense of responsibility, etc. are way over rated in comparison to the negatives that are a result of sports-
I know that this is a generalization, and that there are exceptions to everything, but I would not miss sports if they were banned- and I bet over time the violence that they breed in the subconcious would dissipate-
I also realize that my opinion about sports is not shared by many-

Old 04-02-2010, 01:12 AM

38,607 posts, read 26,238,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Sports Viewers Largely Republican - Hotline On Call (http://hotlineoncall.nationaljournal.com/archives/2010/03/sports_viewers.php - broken link)

I like basketball...Go Sparty!

Old 04-02-2010, 01:59 AM

11,149 posts, read 10,919,072 times
Libertarian - I prefer NFL and NHL. MLB & NBA only during the playoffs.

It does not surprise me that the Democrats have a huge WWE fanbase. They seem to take quite an interest in "fake" things such as CHANGE.

Old 04-02-2010, 02:02 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,583,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
It does not surprise me that the Democrats have a huge WWE fanbase. They seem to take quite an interest in "fake" things such as CHANGE.
The "change" isn't fake to me or to the many millions of other Americans who voted for and continue to support President Obama.

Last edited by AnUnidentifiedMale; 04-02-2010 at 02:24 AM..

Old 04-02-2010, 02:05 AM

11,449 posts, read 14,423,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Sports Viewers Largely Republican - Hotline On Call (http://hotlineoncall.nationaljournal.com/archives/2010/03/sports_viewers.php - broken link)
I find most sports to be boring...

Old 04-02-2010, 02:11 AM

1,374 posts, read 1,291,388 times
Got to say all college sports since dems want more governemnt and control over
schools. Sort of bad topic, since all Americans like different sports.
Poster do you wish the USA divided from the right and left???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies