Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2010, 02:02 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
That's a legitimate question. I would like to know why also. After all, if Obama was applying for a job in the federal government he would have to explain what he was doing in Pakistan during that time. I also am unsure as to why Obama just doesn't show the records in their entirety as other politicians have had to do. By not doing so he is allowing these conspiracy theories to exist. I mean, even W showed his transcripts lackluster as they were.
What's a legitimate question?

Obama had a US Passport, since he was born in Hawaii.

He was traveling to Indonesia to visit his mother and sister.

A classmate from Pakistan invited him to visit. He's a young man interested in seeing the world, why not see Pakistan and India if you have the opportunity?

Old 04-05-2010, 02:02 PM

533 posts, read 318,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Oh really?

Where are his Harvard records, his Columbia records, his Occidental records? His medical records?

Tell me, how did obama go to Pakistan on a US visa in 1981?

Not a trick question.

Please, point me to these records that every other presidential candidate has been required to release.
Every other presidential candidate has been required to release all school and medical records? Can you provide a link showing us where this requirement to publicly release private records came from? Key word here seems to be "required." I didn't think that anyone was "required" to release private records like school records and medical records to the public. Am I mistaken about that?

You did intend to imply that Obama's school records and his medical records are records which he should have released because every other presidential candidate has been/was REQUIRED to release them? Proof that all other presidential candidates were required to do any such thing.

Old 04-05-2010, 02:03 PM

938 posts, read 1,230,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
It would be great if we all had to reference every claim we make.
That's exactly the point. Obama 'claims' he was born in Hawaii...well prove it Big man. show us. what can it hurt? his SSN is not on it so he should fine right?

but I'm not as concerned with his baby years as I am with his teen years. his developmental years. His impressionable years. Who was his influences. the years he would form his opinions about America before pursuing politics. I'm sure Michelle didn't get him involved with politics. I bet it was something or someone else.

His meeting her was of concern because either she influenced him to run for president or he influenced her that he would run. that time is in his life is what I'm focused on. because he was obviously not trying to shoot for a Senate career in chicago.

Old 04-05-2010, 02:08 PM

533 posts, read 318,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
That's a legitimate question. I would like to know why also. After all, if Obama was applying for a job in the federal government he would have to explain what he was doing in Pakistan during that time. I also am unsure as to why Obama just doesn't show the records in their entirety as other politicians have had to do. By not doing so he is allowing these conspiracy theories to exist. I mean, even W showed his transcripts lackluster as they were.
FLAW: "I also am unsure as to why Obama just doesn't show the records in their entirety as other politicans have had to do."

I am not aware of any LAW which requires politicans to release to the public PRIVATE RECORDS. Do you know of any such rule or law? Other politicians have NOT "had to do"........

John McCain did not release to the PUBLIC all of his medical records. He released "medical records" for a short period of time to a selected few journalists. NOT ALL OF HIS RECORDS WERE RLEASED TO THE PUBLIC.

School records and medical records are private records, private information, and no one is REQUIRED to release those records.....thus the distinction "public" and "private."

Old 04-05-2010, 02:09 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverkid View Post
As for his teenage years, from 13-18, Obama lived in Hawaii with his maternal grandparents (the white ones) and attended Punahou School (he attended from age 10-18). From 18-20 he lived in Los Angles and attended Occidental College.
Do you have any real proof that Barack Obama ever attended Occidental College other than his words? There is no way to prove it since he has locked all his records there away.

You forgot to mention his mentor of those 13 - 18 years, Frank Marshall or just plain Frank as he called Marshall in his book. Of course, that guy didn't have any influence on the thinking of Barry Soetoro, right?

Old 04-05-2010, 02:11 PM

1,183 posts, read 2,890,353 times
Huh? I totally don't get this this thread?

I am not an Obama fan at all. Truthfully, I think he very well may be the worst President this country has had in a very long time. I find his "associations" difficult to understand. And I think he has made the same mistake Jimmy Carter made years ago. He has surrounded himself with his buddies...his completely incompetent buddies. And don't even get me started on the disaster that is Obamacare.

But first, he is the President of our country. That office deserves our respect whether we agree with the politics or not. President Obama was elected in a fair election process. End of story.

Second...why would you attack his wife's appearance? Do you have any idea how ridiculously petty you sound. Honestly, are you a middle school girl? Because that's how you sound. Oh, and just for the record, I think Michelle Obama is a beautiful woman.

Old 04-05-2010, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIOC View Post
The gov't of Hawaii did not seal anything. You can't get anyone's birth cert unless you are them, their parent (while they are a minor) or spouse ( in some places)

Do you think if i knew your name I would have the right to get your birth cert?
It was Barack Obama's website that posted that short form birth certificate and then withdrew it. The Governor of Hawaii swears that she saw that certificate and if she did she broke the law. The real birth certificate has not been seen and won't be as long as it is sealed with all his college records.

Can you prove that he didn't go to Occidental under the name of Barry Soetoro? If so I am waiting to see your proof.

Old 04-05-2010, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
But, but, but. . . . I thought the "media" just made fun of Republicans?
Now I have to wonder since you referred to SNL as a part of the "media".

Old 04-05-2010, 02:16 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,639,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
What's a legitimate question?

Obama had a US Passport, since he was born in Hawaii.

He was traveling to Indonesia to visit his mother and sister.

A classmate from Pakistan invited him to visit. He's a young man interested in seeing the world, why not see Pakistan and India if you have the opportunity?

And thats all I needed to know -- thanks DC. I was referring to people arguing that we don't need to ask questions. I say - ask questions. But once answered that should be the end of it.

Old 04-05-2010, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
That's how all of you get your information about Obama, isnt it? The way that Florida doctor got his information about the health ins reform plan.... indirectly.
Well, at least, I think he knew as much about the "law" as Nasty Nancy since she said they would have to pass it to find out what was in it. Since it has become public knowledge there is more and more coming out every day about what is in there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies