Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2010, 02:55 PM

938 posts, read 1,230,499 times

Advertisements

Bogus links. go figure, it's Obama.

Old 04-05-2010, 02:56 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
[quote=DC at the Ridge;13605996]Besides which, whatever Roy is reading is misleading him, first that Pakistan was closed to Americans, and second, that Obama spent 360 days in Pakistan. Obama was in Pakistan for less than three weeks. My, oh my, those conspiracy theories simply cannot hold water!QUOTE]

Yeah, that and there are more "Birfers" on CD than even I ever imagined. This whackadoodle women born in Communist Russia with an some kind of online degree starts a frenzy and these people follow like lemmings.

Old 04-05-2010, 02:57 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Your master's thesis is a bit different than papers that you wrote at school. Provide us with a scintilla of evidence that the undergraduate college you attended has even one of your papers available for public perusal. Shoot, provide us with a scintilla of evidence that your undergraduate school has any of your papers in storage, even. And besides your master's thesis, does your graduate school have all your other schoolwork on file somewhere?

By the way, even if you had this information, it would prove.....What???

The STATE of HAWAII says he was born there. You have no proof to contradict the STATE of HAWAII.
They had that thesis in hardbound covers (3)in 1958 after I wrote it. I have only used it once, myself, and that was to report the results of the study to a number of math teachers' meetings in the fall of 1958. That was a lot of fun and many people learned things they didn't know so I guess it was worthwhile for them. I got a diploma and those folks learned some things about math teaching and I wasn't even a math teacher.

Come on, what possible harm could come from allowing the rest of us to know what the subject of his thesis was?

Old 04-05-2010, 02:58 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,194,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Besides which, whatever Roy is reading is misleading him, first that Pakistan was closed to Americans, and second, that Obama spent 360 days in Pakistan. Obama was in Pakistan for less than three weeks. My, oh my, those conspiracy theories simply cannot hold water!
Right I'd like to know whose backside 'oldboy pulled that 360 days from too, there's
360 degrees in a circle, perhaps he's getting caught up in his own spin....

Old 04-05-2010, 02:59 PM

1,862 posts, read 2,386,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Horsemen View Post
Bogus links. go figure, it's Obama.
If you're referring to the links I tried to post....
MsMcQ LV corrected it in post # 172 (Thanks!) and I supplied a different link to Snopes in post # 164 that works.

Old 04-05-2010, 03:00 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HummerLuvr View Post
Every other presidential candidate in HISTORY made their school records, including applications, public?? Have you done the research to prove that? "every other presidential candidate" is a very solid statement.
I'll bet you are right about those first few presidents since their schools probably didn't keep as extensive records as they do these days.

Do you want top compare Barack Obama to George Washington? i guess so.

Old 04-05-2010, 03:00 PM

533 posts, read 318,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
The first time in history that a presidential candidate was not "required" by the press and the public to release school, medical, travel documents.

The press clamored for McCain's 1000-page medical file, the whole shebang, but they are completely satisfied with a one-page letter from his doctor.

They also clamored for Bush's files, school records, grade, but they are incurious when it comes to obama's time at Harvard, Occidental, Columbia.
"The first time in history"........do you mean in the entire history of the United States? Last time I looked, the press cannot "require" anyone to do anything outside of producing public records.

McCain did not release his entire medical file. He released 1000 pages to a SELECTED FEW journalist to peruse for a few hours, period. McCain had serious medical problems, for example, skin cancer, so there was the prefectly reasonable question as to whether or not he would likely be at risk for a recurrence of that skin cancer during his term as President. Could that possibly have been the reason the press was so interested in his medical records? And, as I said, McCain did not release all of his records, nor did he release the records to the public. He didn't release the "whole shebang"......and McCain released basically a one-page letter from each of his doctors as well, and that was perfectly fine with everyone, saying that he was not at high risk for the skin cancer to have spread or to come back.

I would suggest that the press was interested in Bush's school records because the man appeared to have some serious factual knowledge issues during his campaign......remember that?

Old 04-05-2010, 03:01 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
They had that thesis in hardbound covers (3)in 1958 after I wrote it. I have only used it once, myself, and that was to report the results of the study to a number of math teachers' meetings in the fall of 1958. That was a lot of fun and many people learned things they didn't know so I guess it was worthwhile for them. I got a diploma and those folks learned some things about math teaching and I wasn't even a math teacher.

Come on, what possible harm could come from allowing the rest of us to know what the subject of his thesis was?
What benefit could come from it?

And you've been harping on Occidental and Columbia, his undergraduate schools. What papers that he wrote are going to be stored at undergraduate schools? Even his transcripts are going to be in storage.

Old 04-05-2010, 03:03 PM

533 posts, read 318,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I'll bet you are right about those first few presidents since their schools probably didn't keep as extensive records as they do these days.

Do you want top compare Barack Obama to George Washington? i guess so.
Was George Washington a U.S. President? Is Barack Obama a U.S. President?

So, you will concede that ALL presidential candidates in U.S. history have/did not release all their school records, medical records, etc, to the public? Will you concede that such a statement about ALL presidential candidates is extreme and just sensational, but not true?

Old 04-05-2010, 03:05 PM

1,147 posts, read 1,899,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
That's a legitimate question. I would like to know why also. After all, if Obama was applying for a job in the federal government he would have to explain what he was doing in Pakistan during that time. I also am unsure as to why Obama just doesn't show the records in their entirety as other politicians have had to do. By not doing so he is allowing these conspiracy theories to exist. I mean, even W showed his transcripts lackluster as they were.
Name one politician that has had to show these records to the public.

W didn't show his records. Someone got a hold of them by outside means and published them. A leak in a colleges records office is not the same as someone freely publishing their transcripts.

Same thing happen to Kerry. Leaked not freely published by Kerry.

Also I have held gov't clearance and they have never asked for my transcripts or where I have traveled if it was not in the last 10 years.

Last edited by LIOC; 04-05-2010 at 03:28 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies