Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2010, 12:23 PM

36,653 posts, read 67,476,702 times

Advertisements

Sarah Palin asks to be taken off invitation for Republican National Committee party

The way I see it, the party is trying to reign her in and she is showing them that she doesnt need the party...too bad.

LOL...As a Democrat, I couldnt be happier that she and her cohorts systematically tearing the GOP apart.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2010, 12:26 PM

2,104 posts, read 1,442,196 times
"asks"?

Hmm, I wonder if she wasn't asked to "ask"?

She got what she really wanted all this time anyway - a TV show. One that will probably fail dismally once people get tired of her fake upper Midwestern accent and fake pageant smile.

Old 04-01-2010, 12:31 PM

631 posts, read 1,290,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ♠atizar♠ View Post
"asks"?

Hmm, I wonder if she wasn't asked to "ask"?

She got what she really wanted all this time anyway - a TV show. One that will probably fail dismally once people get tired of her fake upper Midwestern accent and fake pageant smile.
That's what I was thinking. That way neither the RNC or Palin look bad, and Palin gets to turn it into something positive (as perceived by her admirers anyway).

Hopefully the beginnings of a split in the Republican Party

Old 04-01-2010, 12:47 PM

5,004 posts, read 15,346,950 times
can you see her as president? well, now, i have to quit.

Old 04-01-2010, 12:57 PM

10,832 posts, read 14,927,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie Jo View Post
I remember them saying the same thing about that actor Ronald Reagan in 1976. Pffffffffft, As if Ronald Reagan could ever be President.

Old 04-01-2010, 12:58 PM

631 posts, read 1,290,215 times
If Palin gets elected I will lose any remaining faith I had in this country, expatriate myself and move to Canada asap.

Old 04-01-2010, 01:00 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,428,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Sarah Palin asks to be taken off invitation for Republican National Committee party

The way I see it, the party is trying to reign her in and she is showing them that she doesnt need the party...too bad.

LOL...As a Democrat, I couldnt be happier that she and her cohorts systematically tearing the GOP apart.

Run on the teabagger ticket Barbie. Tear that racist institution, known as the Republican party, to shreds..

Old 04-01-2010, 01:11 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,363,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie Jo View Post

How's BO doing?

Any of our allies still talking to us?

Has that "stimulus" borrowed from our kids started creating jobs?

The unemployment rate is 15.6% and climbing here in SE Michigan. What happened to 8%?

I can see Sarah Palin creating jobs the way Kennedy and Reagan did. I can see her reining in deficits the way the Republican Congress of the 1990s did. I can see her using common sense in foreign affairs where BO substitutes a naive ideology that can only fail.

Old 04-01-2010, 01:13 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,946,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post

A conservative will win the next election. Note I do not speak of party, but of core principals. All the rest is just political diatribe.

Old 04-01-2010, 01:18 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,428,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post

I can see Sarah Palin creating jobs the way Kennedy and Reagan did. I can see her reining in deficits the way the Republican Congress of the 1990s did. I can see her using common sense in foreign affairs where BO substitutes a naive ideology that can only fail.
Yeah sure, the Wasilla hillbilly is a real job creator. Come to think of it, maybe she is...weren't her relatives dealing meth?

Btw, Bill Clinton reigned in the deficits. The Republican Congress did virtually nothing except try to shut down the government and investigate Clinton's sex
life.

During the Bush years...we saw what kind of damage a GOP Congress can do without a Democratic president there to stop them..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies