Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2010, 09:24 AM

12,373 posts, read 13,194,417 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
I asked one of them, months ago... he said no, it wouldnt shut him up. "How would I know it was the real certificate?" etc.

Best thing is to just ignore them, irresistible though they are.
I do believe that poster was Kootr and I do believe he's returned to this
forum Dragging a Canoe...

Old 04-02-2010, 09:25 AM

704 posts, read 1,872,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DraggingCanoe View Post
"For the first time in all my years of service to our great nation, and at great peril to my career and future, I am choosing to disobey what I believe are illegal orders, including an order to deploy to Afghanistan for my second tour of duty there.

I will disobey my orders to deploy because I – and I believe all servicemen and women and the American people – deserve the truth about President Obama’s constitutional eligibility to the office of the presidency and the commander in chief."

Lieutenant Colonel Terry Lakin (selected for promotion to Colonel)

Not an April Fools’ joke: Army officer defies orders unless Obama shows birth certificate « Iowa Independent (http://iowaindependent.com/31168/not-an-april-fools%E2%80%99- - broken link)
joke-army-officer-defies-orders-unless-obama-shows-birth-certificate

I say hang him for Treason.

Old 04-02-2010, 09:26 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,338,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorRob305 View Post
so we are narrowing this down to my error in who's signature is supposed to be on it?...lol...well my error...but that's what I meant...and Obama doesn't have a signature on his document from an attending physician....so we can all continue hating on each other here but everyone knows the document Obama has at the current moment is legal...but my question is where is the one with the signature from ...the "attending physician"?...lol..thanks for clearing my error in definition up.
Because I was born in the 1940s and my mother requested a copy of my birth certificate before the state went to electronic records, I do have a copy of my original BC and it does have a doctor's signature. I also have two other copies of my BC, one from the 1960s and one from the 1990s. Both are certificates of birth, are electronically produced, and do not have a doctor's signature or reference to a hospital. My children were both born in the 1970s and I requested their BCs right after birth. Both BCs are electronically produced and have no signatures, just an official seal.

Old 04-02-2010, 09:34 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Control your profanity. The Constitution does NOT define what a natural-born citizen is. We have to go by court decisions and precedent. And since Obama was born in Hawaii, to an American mother, he fits the criteria of natural-born citizen. And so your "till 2008", is incorrect.
Actually, there is some rumor that President Chester Arthur was actually born in Canada.

Quote:
Where is the original though...i have mine and i have the other one...and if he doesnt have his...he didnt explain where it went or what happened as he paid $800,000 in legal fees in court cases

we the majority....you land in the minority according to the polls who approve of Obama
You absolutely DO NOT have the original copy of your birth certificate! Do you think the department of vital records would give you the one and only absolute proof of your birth? You have a souvenir copy, as I explained above. It's probably all pink and blue and has your footprints and all. It's not "official".

Last edited by Katarina Witt; 04-02-2010 at 09:43 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 04-02-2010, 09:46 AM

3,857 posts, read 6,957,786 times
Birthers make an issue that Obama was born August 4th but the Registrar didn't record it until the 8th - and see this gap as a case of shenanigans and a mad 12,000 mile dash back to Hawaii - ignoring the explanation that Obama was born at 7:24 on a Friday night. If the paperwork was filed on Monday it would likely not get fully processed until Tuesday.

Old 04-02-2010, 09:48 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Actually, most birth certificates are filed a few days after the birth. That is just another dumb birther argument that has no merit.

Old 04-02-2010, 10:25 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,530,289 times
Quote:
Where is the original though...i have mine and i have the other one...and if he doesnt have his...he didnt explain where it went or what happened as he paid $800,000 in legal fees in court cases

we the majority....you land in the minority according to the polls who approve of Obama

I don't know where you live, but I'll bet you DON'T have the original either. In most, if not all states, the original is retained at the courthouse (or wherever they are stored) and all you'll get is a certified copy. I know for sure that's the case here in Texas.

Old 04-02-2010, 10:28 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,530,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
No, that's the 'souvenir copy'. It even says so on the document for my kids. The birth certificate itself was mailed to me a little later. I actually did lose one of my kids' bcs. I don't know how, because if I knew that, I wouldn't have lost it, right? I had to order another one.

What's with this fanatacism about "signed by a nurse"? I worked in L&D in two states, Illinois and California, as an RN and never signed a BC.

Uh...if you lost the original, how could you order another copy of it? What would you get? A copy of a copy?

Old 04-02-2010, 10:33 AM

504 posts, read 457,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsrich98 View Post
I say hang him for Treason.
I second that!!!

Old 04-02-2010, 10:48 AM

9,519 posts, read 14,745,974 times
He needs to be out. Obviously not fit for duty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies