Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2010, 08:16 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,685,448 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Why wouldn't it apply? How would it not be "Birth Abroad to One Citizen and One Alien Parent in Wedlock" as the State Dept indicates?
Because whe wasn't living abroad, she was visiting (if any of the scenarios were true, which is unlikely). She had not changed her residence in other words. The question on the birth certificate form that you fill out when you have a baby is "mother's usual place of residence". I also think an exception could be made for someone who hadn't lived the required # of years since age 14 because she wasn't old enough. One could argue she was still considered a minor, and her own parent's residence is what took precedence. This is all quite silly. I agree with those who have said, if the RNC and all of Obama's Democratic opponents could not find anything, there's nothing there.

Old 04-03-2010, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraggingCanoe View Post
There needs to be a regime change after the November elections. Obama never, ever should have been elected. He is not a natural born citizen...his father is a transient. Both parents have to be US citizens to be a natural born citizen. Obama knows this, his handlers know this. This is the biggest crime ever inflicted on our country. This so called presidency is nothing more than an illegal regime.

Colonel Lakin is correct in his challenge to the regime in Washington.
I will post every time I see that. It's just not true. The explanation has been posted many times. The officer should be court-martialed and hopefully dishonorably discharged and lose his retirement.

Old 04-03-2010, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irspow View Post
They also raised the idea that His father was a British subject and that made his son also a British subject. Which raised the problem of dual citizenship. Law can get pretty ugly...
Thomas Jefferson, Andrew Jackson, James Buchanan and several others also were "dual citizens" by that defintion. So what?

Old 04-03-2010, 08:30 AM

30,058 posts, read 18,650,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I will post every time I see that. It's just not true. The explanation has been posted many times. The officer should be court-martialed and hopefully dishonorably discharged and lose his retirement.

Keep in mind that most in the military don't like Obama. I have a clinic at the VA and cannot repeat the things the vets and active duty men say about the POTUS.

1. The children of left wing liberals do not go into the military. The military is made up of the people the liberals despise. Do you really think that the military will turn on thier own people? I would think quite the opposite and a military coup would be much more likely than Barry turning the military on his political enemies.

2. The officer is actually adhering to his oath. It is not clear that the POTUS is a US citizen, and the officer is ensuring that his loyalty to the Commander in Chief is actually the real Commander in Chief.

Old 04-03-2010, 08:34 AM

6,902 posts, read 7,534,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Keep in mind that most in the military don't like Obama. I have a clinic at the VA and cannot repeat the things the vets and active duty men say about the POTUS.

1. The children of left wing liberals do not go into the military. The military is made up of the people the liberals despise. Do you really think that the military will turn on thier own people? I would think quite the opposite and a military coup would be much more likely than Barry turning the military on his political enemies.

2. The officer is actually adhering to his oath. It is not clear that the POTUS is a US citizen, and the officer is ensuring that his loyalty to the Commander in Chief is actually the real Commander in Chief.

This is definately a new one. Back it up...This is an insult to every acting service man or woman in the military
Care to provide statistics on the make up and party affiliation of the military? Or is this something else made up by someone trying to make a point?

Old 04-03-2010, 08:51 AM

1,503 posts, read 1,155,524 times
Only a chicken hawk republican would make such an absurd statement as, "The children of left wing liberals do not go into the military" We have the Cheney, Bush, Gingrich, et all who either didn't serve at all or used family connections to get into cushy reserves posts. You compare that the Gore, Kerry, Rangel, et al.

Old 04-03-2010, 08:51 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,520,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post

He did not swear loyalty to the Commander in Chief. That's what the Wehrmacht did in Germany, not what the US Army does here. He swore loyalty to the Constitution and swore to obey the orders of those appointed over him.

Old 04-03-2010, 08:53 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,520,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhinestone View Post
Only a chicken hawk republican would make such an absurd statement as, "The children of left wing liberals do not go into the military" We have the Cheney, Bush, Gingrich, et all who either didn't serve at all or used family connections to get into cushy reserves posts. You compare that the Gore, Kerry, Rangel, et al.
Lessee...Cheney has a daughter who never served. G.W. Bush as 2. G.H.W. Bush has several kids, only one of which ever put on a uniform and then in the Air National Guard at a time when the chance of him being depolyed the war was non-existant. Ronald Reagan had kids who never went in the service. So does Newt, I think.

I could go on, but you get my point.

Old 04-03-2010, 08:57 AM

1,503 posts, read 1,155,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Lessee...Cheney has a daughter who never served. G.W. Bush as 2. G.H.W. Bush has several kids, only one of which ever put on a uniform and then in the Air National Guard at a time when the chance of him being depolyed the war was non-existant. Ronald Reagan had kids who never went in the service. So does Newt, I think.

I could go on, but you get my point.
The Republicans are very patriotic about starting a war and fighting it with other people's kids.

Old 04-03-2010, 08:58 AM

6,902 posts, read 7,534,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhinestone View Post

it is a digusting insult to those who serve. But more imporantly, its a disgusting insult to those of us who have lost a loved one in Iraq. A blatant lie told to try and make a idiotic point.

Last edited by blackandproud; 04-03-2010 at 09:31 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.