Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2010, 07:14 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,413,498 times

Advertisements

What this really is about is LTC Larkin's next duty assignment: making little rocks out of big rocks. LOL Hope he has fun. Bring the Vaseline.

Well that was mature. <sarcasm> Do you know anything about LTC's character or are you just slinging mud?

Old 04-22-2010, 07:23 PM

1,089 posts, read 655,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhinestone View Post
what this really is about is ltc larkin's next duty assignment: Making little rocks out of big rocks. Lol hope he has fun. Bring the vaseline.
lmaorotf

Old 04-22-2010, 07:25 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
he gambled his career and reputation on an internet rumor. i actually feel a little sad for the guy.
Not me. He should look on the bright side. Now he has a retirement activity-prisoner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraggingCanoe View Post
I think you missed the part where LTC Lakin gets to defend himself.
“He who is his own lawyer has a fool for a client”

Old 04-22-2010, 07:30 PM

1,503 posts, read 1,156,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
What this really is about is LTC Larkin's next duty assignment: making little rocks out of big rocks. LOL Hope he has fun. Bring the Vaseline.

Well that was mature. <sarcasm> Do you know anything about LTC's character or are you just slinging mud?
His character? Pond scum. People who don't deploy cause their fellow soldier/sailor to pick up the slack. This guy is an ego maniac and a drama queen. The service will kick his ass and then kick his ass out of the service. With any luck his license to practice medicine will be revoked on moral grounds. He'll spend his retirement years as a greeter for WalMart.

Old 04-22-2010, 07:33 PM

3,588 posts, read 5,729,262 times
The MP's who show up to throw him in the brig will not be asking for anyone's birth certificate.

Old 04-22-2010, 07:41 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,413,498 times
Quote:
His character? Pond scum. People who don't deploy cause their fellow soldier/sailor to pick up the slack. This guy is an ego maniac and a drama queen. The service will kick his ass and then kick his ass out of the service. With any luck his license to practice medicine will be revoked on moral grounds. He'll spend his retirement years as a greeter for WalMart.
Sorry, I was not aware you knew LTC Lakin personally. My apologies for assuming you were just throwing out random opinions about his character.

Old 04-22-2010, 07:44 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DraggingCanoe View Post
Ltc Lakin should be allowed to explain why he failed to report or missing movement. The presiding officer will not be able to stop it from getting in.
Oh, I'm sure that he will be afforded the opportunity to give his reasoning.

Quote:
Once that happens Obamas eligibility must be addressed.
You couldn't be more wrong. You can make any excuse that you like, but a trial judge is under no obligation to allow inculpatory evidence. In this case, specification 1, violation of Article 87 of the UCMJ missing movement. Either Lakin missed movement or he didn't. So far from what I am reading the only excuse is the physical inability to do so. As for specifications 2 and 3, disobeying a direct order... the order didn't come from Obama, it came from so low down in the chain of command that it would almost require that every person above his immediate commander would have to be called to ascertain the legality of the order. I might be wrong, but I can't for the life of me imagine a trial judge allowing that kind of fishing expedition.

Quote:
Unless Tony Soprano gets involved and makes LTC Lakin disappear, Obama will not be able to suppress his eligibility.
As much as Lakin might hope and pray, this trial isn't even going to be about Obama because if you know anything about military justice, they weren't about to charge him without having a damned good idea about the scope of evidence that a trial judge would allow. And, if they thought for a second that this would become a political circus they would have never charged him to begin with.

Quote:
If the presiding officer does not ask LTC Lakin why he failed to report or missed movement..they might as well drop the charges.
The presiding officer isn't going to ask him why he missed movement or why he disobeyed a direct order, that will only come up if Lakin takes the stand and his attorney asks the question. The question will be asked, the question will be answered. It will be entered into the record and that will be end of it.

Frankly, as I think about it, I haven't the slightest idea of how they would even begin to insert Obama's eligibility into the trial to begin with.

(Thinking out loud)

It would seem to me that the court would have to grant motions to depose Obama, and the custodian of record for the state of Hawaii, along with whatever birth certificate the state provided.

Of course deposing Obama is a waste of time since he obviously can't testify as to where he was born (think about it). So the only relevant issue will be the testimony of the custodian of records for Hawaii and whatever birth certificate the state chooses to supply the court.

Frankly, I don't even know if a military court can issue a subpoena for state records.

Anyway, the in all likelihood the state will supply the birth certificate that is already in the public domain and the court will have little argument for refusing to accept it.

(Thinking out loud, loudly)

Even playing devil's advocate, LAKIN IS SO SCREWED!

Old 04-22-2010, 07:46 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times
all you really need to know about LTC Lakin is in his refusal to follow orders. something only a slacker does in the military. hence his court martial.

Old 04-22-2010, 07:47 PM

1,503 posts, read 1,156,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
Sorry, I was not aware you knew LTC Lakin personally. My apologies for assuming you were just throwing out random opinions about his character.
I'm sorry I assumed that you would know to defer to someone who has actually served their country.

Old 04-22-2010, 07:56 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
If he's lucky he will. Otherwise, he'll get a sentence so long he'll be ready for the nursing home when he gets out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies