U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-02-2010, 07:29 AM
 
16,273 posts, read 22,390,347 times
Reputation: 14455

Advertisements

U.S. Economy: Manufacturing Jumps in Sign of Rebound (Update1) - BusinessWeek

April 1 (Bloomberg) -- Manufacturing grew in March at the fastest pace in more than five years, raising the odds the U.S. has embarked on a prolonged economic expansion.
“Manufacturing is on a tear,” said Chris Rupkey, chief financial economist at Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ Ltd. in New York, whose forecast was the highest in the survey. It’s “turning this recovery into a more sustainable one. As production increases, it means job gains are going to spread.”
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-02-2010, 09:35 AM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
77,803 posts, read 95,669,704 times
Reputation: 49016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
U.S. Economy: Manufacturing Jumps in Sign of Rebound (Update1) - BusinessWeek

April 1 (Bloomberg) -- Manufacturing grew in March at the fastest pace in more than five years, raising the odds the U.S. has embarked on a prolonged economic expansion.
“Manufacturing is on a tear,” said Chris Rupkey, chief financial economist at Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ Ltd. in New York, whose forecast was the highest in the survey. It’s “turning this recovery into a more sustainable one. As production increases, it means job gains are going to spread.”
and shy is that bad news for the Republicans, the Demos have many problems and the economy is far from in a huge state of recovery. Recessions runs in valleys and hills, we are seeing the top of the worst head down. That is good for everyone, but it will be several months if not years before we see a complete recovery..

Nita
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-02-2010, 09:37 AM
 
326 posts, read 408,534 times
Reputation: 101
I think it is good news for those who could get those jobs and irrelevant news for unemployed. I don't think any unemplyed Republican who got a job feels bad about it.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-02-2010, 09:48 AM
 
Location: Portland, Oregon
7,090 posts, read 11,455,028 times
Reputation: 4121
Yep, as it gets better and better towards election times (the later the better) the more it will put the wind out of people's sails when they scream about how the opposition is making things worse. Not much of an argument that "socialism" is destroying the country when jobs are on the up tick.

It will still take time for things to get better, you can't simply wave your hand and get out of two recessions in a decade, which makes doesn't hurt anything. They have made improvements, things are getting better, through more hard work and sacrifice it will only be a memory.

What are they going to say?

"Hey, it wasn't done in 6 months so you are a failure!"...only a complete tea idiot makes that argument. There are enough of those nuts though.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-02-2010, 09:54 AM
 
Location: Columbus
4,878 posts, read 4,251,436 times
Reputation: 1448
If it's good for America then it is good for republicans. Assuming, republicans are Americans.

Leve it to a liberal to think republicans want people to be out of work. LOLs.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-02-2010, 09:56 AM
 
Location: Columbus
4,878 posts, read 4,251,436 times
Reputation: 1448
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
Yep, as it gets better and better towards election times (the later the better) the more it will put the wind out of people's sails when they scream about how the opposition is making things worse. Not much of an argument that "socialism" is destroying the country when jobs are on the up tick.

It will still take time for things to get better, you can't simply wave your hand and get out of two recessions in a decade, which makes doesn't hurt anything. They have made improvements, things are getting better, through more hard work and sacrifice it will only be a memory.

What are they going to say?

"Hey, it wasn't done in 6 months so you are a failure!"...only a complete tea idiot makes that argument. There are enough of those nuts though.
Warren Harding pulled us out of a worse recession in about 18 months in 1920. Guess it can be done.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-02-2010, 09:57 AM
 
Location: SE Arizona - FINALLY! :D
20,462 posts, read 24,787,007 times
Reputation: 7610
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
U.S. Economy: Manufacturing Jumps in Sign of Rebound (Update1) - BusinessWeek

April 1 (Bloomberg) -- Manufacturing grew in March at the fastest pace in more than five years, raising the odds the U.S. has embarked on a prolonged economic expansion.
“Manufacturing is on a tear,” said Chris Rupkey, chief financial economist at Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ Ltd. in New York, whose forecast was the highest in the survey. It’s “turning this recovery into a more sustainable one. As production increases, it means job gains are going to spread.”
Yup - and as already mentioned in another thread - there was some significant job creation last month as well - job creation that is going to STRENGTHEN from here on out.

Good news INDEED!


Ken
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-02-2010, 09:57 AM
 
Location: San Diego
5,317 posts, read 8,503,323 times
Reputation: 3386
Obama's economic policies are working as intended!

Thank you Mr. President!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-02-2010, 10:02 AM
 
Location: SE Arizona - FINALLY! :D
20,462 posts, read 24,787,007 times
Reputation: 7610
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
Warren Harding pulled us out of a worse recession in about 18 months in 1920. Guess it can be done.
And Reagan struggled with an unemployment rate that GREW for 23 months straight after he was sworn in - and then REMAINED at 10%+ for 10 months.

Every recession is different.

Ken
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-02-2010, 10:04 AM
 
Location: Columbus
4,878 posts, read 4,251,436 times
Reputation: 1448
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
And Reagan struggled with an unemployment rate that GREW for 23 months straight after he was sworn in - and then REMAINED at 10%+ for 10 months.

Every recession is different.

Ken
Reagan didn't do what Harding did.

Obama is doing some of what Reagan did and none of what Harding did.

And recessions aren't different. Economists defined recession a long time ago. We are either in one or we aren't.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:58 PM.

© 2005-2022, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top