Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2010, 09:57 AM

329 posts, read 1,047,446 times

Advertisements

I wondered why nothing was being done about it. But the answers (as always) are always in our history, if we care to look back and carefully analyze the evidence. Throughout history, the upper class (elite ruling class) has always looked for ways to make themselves richer/more secure. After despotism, feudalism, and any other -isms related to a clear hierarchical class structure all failed, the latest invention they came up with is today's Capitalist Libertarianism.

The genius (at least from a neo-con perspective) of the Bush administration was its ability to destroy the middle class. Traditionally, when anybody attempts to do this, it is followed by mass rioting, demonstrations, social upheaval, and then revolution. But with the help of today's military-industrial-media complex, the ruling class is succeeding at destroying the middle class without having to face this kind of backlash. The middle class was always thought to have been a buffer between the poor and ruling classes. Today's media is controlled by only a handful of corporations. The ruling class no longer have a need for the middle class to act as the buffer from lower class insurrection. They can control this country without a middle class.

The plan, which started with Reagan, was to establish a Republican presidency and Congress and then spend the country into a deficit to create a "Bankrupt State." The funds went into the pockets of Reagan/Bush I/Bush II supporters and other big corporations. And they did this so that the country would be forced to focus on only the most important functions of government. Other functions that traditionally went to supporting the middle class (health care, social services, education, social justice, public projects) would be starved to death.

The collapse of the government was intended to destroy whatever it was that held the middle class together. And the best part of all this is...is that the elite/ruling class get even more money funneled into their bank accounts. They encourage the middle class into 401K retirement funds, and then collapse the stock market.

Then Obama comes along and takes the driver's seat in a car that has no steering wheel and the brakes don't work. Instead of having everybody jump out of the car, he wants everybody to stay put because hopefully, at the speed this car wreck is going, it will be just enough to get us over the deep chasm we are coming up to. wonderful.

But there is no revolution from the people. The media is so completely controlled (and the people, through it) by what is essentially an oligopoly, a handful of corporations and businesses that own our politicians as well. And I wonder why there is nary a word of opposition from the people who are being affected most. Why there is no revolution. Can anyone tell me why?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2010, 10:04 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,431,396 times
The evidence is right here in the forum. The two "wings" are going out further and further from each other and are too busy pointing fingers at each other to realize the train has left the station.

Old 04-02-2010, 10:09 AM

6,734 posts, read 9,341,612 times
This is a good question. I'm not a big conspiracy guy. But somtimes I think there is a small group of ultra-wealthy and ultra-elite people who want people to be poor or rich (I mean very rich). I haven researched it too much. But I guess it could happen.

Old 04-02-2010, 10:12 AM

122 posts, read 330,772 times
because most people will think you're a conspiracy theorist without actually hearing you out first. i think that is a big problem, not only because most people are intellectually lazy like that, but also because those who convey the information do not do it in a way that most people even want to listen. that is, they think you're an angry rambler who has a giant chip on his/her shoulder. im not saying that YOU are one, but im saying that's how a lot of these so-called theorists seem, and sometimes they really are like that.

but even if a lot of people think there's an inkling of truth in this theory, they are too scared and too resigned over their lot in life. most people work their asses off to feed themselves, sometimes even that not being enough. they may hate the system but they feel powerless to come up with better solutions that can help them both short and long term. and really, what can the average person alone do? even a substantial group is not enough. this has to be a mass movement across the entire nation full of people with wildly differing opinions and backgrounds. it doesnt help that mainstream media dont do a damn thing to talk about real issues 'cause they're being paid off too.

the only way i can see the average person really waking up is if society disintegrates to the point where their everyday lives are disrupted greatly. i hope it never becomes that bad, but who knows? the good thing if that happens is that people will actually try to do something about it.

Old 04-02-2010, 10:17 AM

1,842 posts, read 1,708,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peptea View Post
because most people will think you're a conspiracy theorist without actually hearing you out first. i think that is a big problem, not only because most people are intellectually lazy like that, but also because those who convey the information do not do it in a way that most people even want to listen. that is, they think you're an angry rambler who has a giant chip on his/her shoulder. im not saying that YOU are one, but im saying that's how a lot of these so-called theorists seem, and sometimes they really are like that.

but even if a lot of people think there's an inkling of truth in this theory, they are too scared and too resigned over their lot in life. most people work their asses off to feed themselves, sometimes even that not being enough. they may hate the system but they feel powerless to come up with better solutions that can help them both short and long term. and really, what can the average person alone do? even a substantial group is not enough. this has to be a mass movement across the entire nation full of people with wildly differing opinions and backgrounds. it doesnt help that mainstream media dont do a damn thing to talk about real issues 'cause they're being paid off too.

the only way i can see the average person really waking up is if society disintegrates to the point where their everyday lives are disrupted greatly. i hope it never becomes that bad, but who knows? the good thing if that happens is that people will actually try to do something about it.
The current dream that has been sold is to be the top dog and supper rich, rather than making life good for the average Joe. If you work hard you can do it too. And if you borrow money you can have the good life now with out having to work for it.

Old 04-02-2010, 10:25 AM

1,742 posts, read 3,116,799 times
Agreed, make the middle class so powerless, stripped of any rights, overburden and collapse the system with debt then impose martial law. Check out chrismartinson.com RP

Old 04-02-2010, 10:37 AM

631 posts, read 1,290,699 times
for evidence of this one only needs to look into the Federal Reserve and history of the US Central Banks (we had 2 that both were kicked out by Andrew Jackson). The Constitution gives the right to control money to Congress, not a private bank.

Old 04-02-2010, 11:14 AM

2,476 posts, read 2,603,883 times
Dems. destroyed the black race in this country and now they figure WTH lets ruin everyone!!!!!

Old 04-02-2010, 11:19 AM

3,457 posts, read 4,653,554 times
"The road to hell is paved with good intentions"

That pretty much describes our country and government. The only exception to that rule is the Tyrant In Chief we have right now who seems to be doing it deliberately as some form of legacy.

Old 04-02-2010, 12:45 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHouse9 View Post
"The road to hell is paved with good intentions"

That pretty much describes our country and government. The only exception to that rule is the Tyrant In Chief we have right now who seems to be doing it deliberately as some form of legacy.
Wow i really respect what you have just said! but how true the road to hell is paved by someitmes good intentions, gone bad. This does describe our Governement. Thanks for realizing this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies