Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2010, 11:17 PM

88,999 posts, read 44,804,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
because many people who are so ill but the family wants everything done even though futile cost the country billions of dollars to satisy their guilt and profound loss. happens every day and doctors are afraid to end treatment for fear of being sued.
That directly contradicts what ndfmnlf just said. Maybe you Obama supporters should get together and make up your minds on what the talking points are because someone has their signals crossed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2010, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndfmnlf View Post
Where does it say that age is a reason to deny coronary bypass? Age by itself has never been a reason to deny bypass surgery. That will not change.
Where in the HCR bill does it say that?

Old 04-02-2010, 11:21 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,098,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
That directly contradicts what ndfmnlf just said. Maybe you Obama supporters should get together and make up your minds on what the talking points are because someone has their signals crossed.

Dude. look we all make posts which others know more and contribute more knowledgeable information that we have. I have been there and have learned a good deal. guess what? It's your turn man. You are out of your element......so read and learn and stop looking silly

Old 04-02-2010, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Dude. look we all make posts which others know more and contribute more knowledgeable information that we have. I have been there and have learned a good deal. guess what? It's your turn man. You are out of your element......so read and learn and stop looking silly
I have read and learned. Krugman sums it up well. 'Advisory Panels' make binding judgments: "We're not going to pay for it."

YouTube - TW Paul Krugman death panels a cost saver.mov

Old 04-02-2010, 11:34 PM

I reckon Paul has spent precious little time dealing with these issues. I will reassure you that within the posts here I hope you find and feel less fearful. If you want to find this out, ask any doctor in the ICU or ER. any of them should steer you right.

Old 04-03-2010, 12:12 AM

Quote:
I reckon Paul has spent precious little time dealing with these issues. I will reassure you that within the posts here I hope you find and feel less fearful. If you want to find this out, ask any doctor in the ICU or ER. any of them should steer you right.
What would they know about the government's Advisory Panel that will tell them which medical care is approved and which is denied?

Old 04-03-2010, 01:01 AM

that is what you will find out if you take the time to ask them.

Old 04-03-2010, 01:03 AM

Quote:
that is what you will find out if you take the time to ask them.
They know about the Advisory Panel that will issue binding denials of medical care?

Old 04-03-2010, 06:29 AM

4,183 posts, read 6,523,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Where in the HCR bill does it say that?
The HCR law is a law, not a medical textbook. It cannot and should not give a comprehensive list of all possible diseases and clinical situations wherein medical care is deemed inappropriate/futile. It would be impossible for such a law to predict all possible clinical situations. It always comes down to the specifics of the case. The fact that you are raising this issue exposes your juvenile understanding of the law, of medicine, of life itself.

Old 04-03-2010, 08:27 AM

4,877 posts, read 4,506,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Yup, you're right! Here's a quote from your link:

So far, research has yielded conflicting results about the effects of high-fructose corn syrup.

RIF
Yep. I am right. It says consuming high quantities of high fructose corn syrup leads to diabetes. Reread it.

Here's another link that says the same thing.

And another. (http://www.westonaprice.org/The-Double-Danger-of-High-Fructose-Corn-Syrup.html - broken link)

I know you won't bother to read these though. You know why? I had posted a link to a book earlier that was written by an economist and was about the privitization of the transportation system in this country. Instead of clicking on the link you butted in and told me that the book was invalid because laymen don't know what they are talking about when it comes to healthcare.

This tells me you are just being disagreeable to be disagreeble. If you had bothered to open the link before commenting on it you would have seen it had nothing to with healthcare. Though it was relevant to the conservation.

It is also debatable if laymen don't know what they are talking about when it comes to health care. Do western doctors even know a thing about health care? I mean, they usually just give out drugs that mask, not cure, symptoms. Then those same drugs cause all kinds of side effects, so the person has to go and get even more drugs. That is really what most of western medicine is about. Is it not?

Western doctors are really good at 3 things: 1) mending broken bones 2) fixing cataracts 3) fixing tooth decay
Everything else they do is debatable on how well it works. Sometimes people get better seeing a dr. Sometimes they don't.

And to say that a doctor is the only one that knows anything about health care is naive. It isn't that difficult to research some things these days.

Anyway, if you care to talk to me again I think you should look at the links I provided before you comment. You look silly when you tell me a book about transportation is invalid because the guy is not a medical doctor.

Class Dismissed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies