Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2010, 07:52 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times

Advertisements

Poll: Most Americans Remain Against Health Care Overhaul - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

Quote:
Fifty-three percent of Americans say they disapprove of the new reforms, including 39 percent who say they disapprove strongly. In the days before the bill passed the House, 37 percent said they approved and 48 percent disapproved.

Republicans and independents remain opposed to the reforms, and support has dropped some among Democrats. Now 52 percent of Democrats approve of the new reforms, a drop from 60 percent just before the bill was passed by Congress.
Stunning numbers, considering obama's tour-to-sell-the-bill has been getting adoring crowds that support the bill.....oh wait......those snake-oil town halls are filled with obama supporters that haven't come to grips that they have been duped...big time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2010, 08:37 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Just think, most individuals dont even have a clue whats in the bill, and they havent yet been hit with the taxes. Wait till they do...

Old 04-02-2010, 08:48 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Just think, most individuals dont even have a clue whats in the bill, and they havent yet been hit with the taxes. Wait till they do...

Yes, wait until the Medicare recipients find out they have just been hosed! Seniors vote- so far, illegals do not.

Further, when those Barry taxes hit and healthcare premiums GO UP, people are going to be pissed and want answers- from the people who passed the bill.

Despite Barry blaming everything on Bush, I think he is about to be introduced to the concept of political accountability.

Old 04-03-2010, 12:41 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Yes, wait until the Medicare recipients find out they have just been hosed! Seniors vote- so far, illegals do not.

Further, when those Barry taxes hit and healthcare premiums GO UP, people are going to be pissed and want answers- from the people who passed the bill.

Despite Barry blaming everything on Bush, I think he is about to be introduced to the concept of political accountability.

Ya Think, he does a pretty good job of blaming others, when taxes do hit, and healthcare premiums are going up, They will have a reason for it, as does Obama, if they are Dems.

Old 04-03-2010, 05:40 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post

Great point, I am amazed our Pres. that is so smart because he had the best of education can't see that.. Oh, I know, he would rather be a one term good Pres than a 2 term bad one. Well, so far, I am thinking he very well may go down as a 1 term mistake..

Nita

Old 04-03-2010, 07:29 AM

1,747 posts, read 1,953,436 times
HC "reform" was just the final nail in the coffin......that WAS....the Democratic Party.

Ram a HUGE (govt. takeover) bill through in the manner they did.....despite what the voice of America was saying?

Hell to pay......in November, baby.

HELL!

Hope it was worth it for the Dems to seal their party's fate in such a way.

Old 04-03-2010, 07:37 AM

2,605 posts, read 4,693,382 times
I have always believed in 'What goes around, comes around.' Obama was determined to bully that through at all costs. He's sitting there with a smile right now because he is assuming he came out on top, but wait until he attempts re-election. That smirk will be gone.

Or it may be way before that when he no longer has a friend in the world except his wife.

Old 04-03-2010, 07:43 AM

1,313 posts, read 1,551,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Ya Think, he does a pretty good job of blaming others, when taxes do hit, and healthcare premiums are going up, They will have a reason for it, as does Obama, if they are Dems.
They'll blame the republicans for not inserting anything into the bill to block it

Old 04-03-2010, 08:20 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sign View Post
HC "reform" was just the final nail in the coffin......that WAS....the Democratic Party.

Ram a HUGE (govt. takeover) bill through in the manner they did.....despite what the voice of America was saying?

Hell to pay......in November, baby.

HELL!

Hope it was worth it for the Dems to seal their party's fate in such a way.

Hell yes it was worth it! And when the sheep see that all the doom and gloom predicted by rightwing nutjobs does not come true, will they still compare Obama to Hitler?

Stay tuned...

Old 04-03-2010, 08:24 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Great point, I am amazed our Pres. that is so smart because he had the best of education can't see that.. Oh, I know, he would rather be a one term good Pres than a 2 term bad one. Well, so far, I am thinking he very well may go down as a 1 term mistake..

Nita
It takes a Carter to get a Reagan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies