Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2010, 11:40 AM

2,709 posts, read 1,039,695 times

Advertisements

I have voted Republican all of my life. I had always understood the Republican Party to be for small government and limited spending. I was alarmed and angered by many of President Bush’s decisions, but I just thought he was just a rogue. Come to find out, the Republican Party is advocating for the adoption of the United Nation’s Declaration of Human Rights The Universal Declaration of Human Rights through the International Democrat Union IDU : International Democrat Union (go to: Members / Member Parties / United States. It lists the Contact info for the RNC).

The United Nation’s Declaration of Human Rights describes rights as being subject to change or revocation in accordance with man-made law. It includes statements like, “The will of the people shall be the basis of the authority of government…” and “In the exercise of his rights and freedoms, everyone shall be subject only to such limitations as are determined by law…” and “These rights and freedoms may in no case be exercised contrary to the purposes and principles of the United Nations” and “Everyone is entitled to all the rights and freedoms set forth in this Declaration”.

Our rights are not granted to us by some government officials!

The concept that rights are subject to change or revocation in accordance with man-made law is incompatible with the fact that our rights are inherent and are not subject to the whims of Kings, government officials or popular majorities. Our Government exists expressly to protect our rights to life, liberty, property, and the pursuit of happiness. Our Government does not have the power to grant rights to us or change our rights (however, our Government has been increasingly violating our rights over time).

The Republican Party needs to do a thorough house cleaning and oust the people who support the insidious United Nations and its deceptive “Declaration of Human Rights”!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2010, 11:42 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,930,375 times

Too angry to post what I think.

Old 04-03-2010, 11:50 AM

4,131 posts, read 7,443,557 times
This right here is what is wrong with conservatives. You think a declaration of human rights is something evil and insidious. Do you ever take a step back and listen to yourselves?

Old 04-03-2010, 11:52 AM

9,367 posts, read 25,210,572 times
Yesterday's John Birch Society = today's Tea Party Movement
Attached Thumbnails
The Republican Party advocates the insidious UN Declaration of Human Rights-birch.jpeg  

Old 04-03-2010, 11:53 AM

4,877 posts, read 4,507,214 times
Yep. Republicans at one time wanted out of the U.N. altogether.

How long before they start defending ObamaCare?

My guess? 2 years.

Old 04-03-2010, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnolia Bloom View Post
John Birch Society is agood group. All the want is for the U.S. government to stick to it's duties as outlined in the Constitution.

You should read their stuff. Very informative.

Old 04-03-2010, 11:57 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,853,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
Yep. Republicans at one time wanted out of the U.N. altogether.

How long before they start defending ObamaCare?

My guess? 2 years.
Probably not beyond Nov, when it is clear, the American people support the Law and the Repubs start working to make it better.

Old 04-03-2010, 11:58 AM

9,367 posts, read 25,210,572 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
John Birch Society is agood group. All the want is for the U.S. government to stick to it's duties as outlined in the Constitution.
Then we are in agreement with my post, above?

Old 04-03-2010, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Then we are in agreement with my post, above?

No, I wouldn't say the Tea Party people want to stick to the Constitution.

They want less taxation and less spending as far as I know.

Old 04-03-2010, 01:06 PM

3,091 posts, read 3,966,875 times
This took some research to find out what you're trying to present. I think you need to tell the whole story. You need to read the entire Universal Declaration of Human Rights adopted by the UN in 1948 which sets forth freedoms and rights of all human being on earth are entitled to enjoy.

I was really confused by the IDN connection, though, and found where you're reading about it and see it is a conspiracy you're writing about, which will follow.

You left out a major portion of an actual Article in the Declaration in one of your quotes, which changes the meaning and intent of the Article. You wrote:

"In the exercise of his rights and freedoms, everyone shall be subject only to such limitations as are determined by law…” and you take this portion to mean that the government dictates our rights. The Constitution, which sets forth our rights, is interpreted by the three branches of the government through its checks and balances, and believe me, there is a whole body of law on the Constitution.

But you left off the remainder of the sentence, to-wit: "In the exercise of his rights and freedoms, everyone shall be subject only to such limitations as are determined by law" "solely for the purpose of securing due recognition and respect for the rights and freedoms of others and of meeting the just requirements of morality, public order and the general welfare in a democratic society." Again, you have to read the rights and freedoms set forth in the entire Declaration.

You also need to include, for a better understanding the next Article, Article 30: "Nothing in this Declaration may be interpreted as implying for any State, group or person any right to engage in any activity or to perform any act aimed at the destruction of any of the rights and freedoms set forth herein."

But the main thing you didn't include, while railing against Republicans, is that the Democrats have their own group advocating the same thing you're upset about through the Democratic Leadership Council.

I found a link where you may be getting your information:

change thist

The information further down the page in this link says:

"Today, both Republicans and Democrats are completely committed to implementing Agenda 21. Whereas Republicans have joined forces with political parties from numerous other nations in the International Democratic Union (IDU), Democrats have signed on with another international coalition, the Democratic Leadership Council, which is the brainchild of Britain’s Tony Blair. Both of these internationalist groups advocate the adoption of the U.N. Declaration of Human Rights."

I've heard about these conspiracies, and this isn't the place to talk about them, but to say it's just the Republicans involved is just inaccurate.

You also leave off another very important part of one of your sentences which renders your interpretation of the meaning of the sentence different from the intent of the Article. You state that: “The will of the people shall be the basis of the authority of government…” means the government can change our rights at will. What the Article in the Declaration REALLY says is:

"The will of the people shall be the basis of the authority of government; this will shall be expressed in periodic and genuine elections which shall be by universal and equal suffrage and shall be held by secret vote or by equivalent free voting procedures."

The actual text of the Declaration, therefore, to paraphrase, is that the will of the people is expressed through our elections.

The Constitution is the basis for our laws, which we have to obey. Congress does now and has always had the right to change our laws, within the checks and balances established.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies