Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2010, 03:06 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,535,277 times

Advertisements

Yep, it's a shame...

That rabid right wingnuts have been totally muzzled.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2010, 03:09 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,151,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
The Democratic party has no business getting involved. This will become an issue when and if a patient files a complaint with the Board of Medicine against the doctor and it won't have anything to do with the Democratic party.
The Democratic Party isnt involved. Sorry if the OP's Fox News article, ah, accidentally happened to mislead you on that score. Alan Grayson is taking the case personally on behalf of a constituent. The doctor is in his district.

Old 04-03-2010, 10:38 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,442,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
The bottomline here is really this: the doctor did nothing illegal. An extreme leftist is trying to stifle free speech.

Don't like the doctor's opinion? Don't go to him...he's not even actually turning people away or asking patients their views...
And this my friends is only the beginning, you want to bet there will be more Doctors on this bandwagon. This is a backlash to Obama's Bill, Maybe it seems wrong, but does the Doctor not have a right, to choose who he wants as patients, or will some say no, he has a oath to uphold when he chose to become a Doctor. I know so many who are not on board with this new Healtcare fiasco.

Old 04-03-2010, 10:49 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
And this my friends is only the beginning, you want to bet there will be more Doctors on this bandwagon. This is a backlash to Obama's Bill, Maybe it seems wrong, but does the Doctor not have a right, to choose who he wants as patients, or will some say no, he has a oath to uphold when he chose to become a Doctor. I know so many who are not on board with this new Healtcare fiasco.:rolleyes:
Nothing has even changed yet. I don't think it is ethical for the dr. to decline to see patients who disagree with him politically. I'd like to hear what the insurance companies he has a contract with think of this.

Old 04-03-2010, 11:08 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,930,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Nothing has even changed yet. I don't think it is ethical for the dr. to decline to see patients who disagree with him politically. I'd like to hear what the insurance companies he has a contract with think of this.
The law has absolutely changed. Businesses are projecting costs and have to either insure or pay fines THIS YEAR. Medical practices are studying the implication to how they are affected. Pharmacies are projecting their losses from the expantion of Medicaid and refusing to accept new Medicaid patient prescriptions. States are scrambling to find the money to cover the unfunded mandate of Medicaid expansion.

Just because services aren't being provided until 2014 doesn't mean "nothing has even changed yet".

Old 04-03-2010, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
The law has absolutely changed. Businesses are projecting costs and have to either insure or pay fines THIS YEAR. Medical practices are studying the implication to how they are affected. Pharmacies are projecting their losses from the expantion of Medicaid and refusing to accept new Medicaid patient prescriptions. States are scrambling to find the money to cover the unfunded mandate of Medicaid expansion.

Just because services aren't being provided until 2014 doesn't mean "nothing has even changed yet".
Funny, I work in a medical practice and we aren't doing that, to the best of my knowledge.

Old 04-04-2010, 02:15 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,449,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Civil Rights Act of 1964 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

was a landmark piece of legislation in the United States that outlawed unequal application of voter registration requirements and racial segregation in schools, at the workplace and by facilities that served the general public ("public accommodations").

I was responding to this:

Government versus individuals...government may not discriminate, individuals may. It may not always be nice but it's how it is. You can't be forced to do something for someone else unless you accept government money or work over state lines.
Really. So you think that when you go for your next job interview in the private sector, your interviewer is allowed to ask you how old you are and if you plan on having kids anytime in the near future?

Old 04-04-2010, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Really. So you think that when you go for your next job interview in the private sector, your interviewer is allowed to ask you how old you are and if you plan on having kids anytime in the near future?
I think that's covered in a different law.

Illegal Interview Questions

I'm not sure what your point is, anyway. I was responding to someone else's post. I guess I should have put my last sentence in quotes so as not to confuse people who didn't read my post thoroughly before firing off an answer.

Last edited by Katarina Witt; 04-04-2010 at 07:44 AM..

Old 04-04-2010, 07:58 AM

9,367 posts, read 25,210,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
And Grayson wasn't trying to penalize him for a legal violation, but rather raising a complaint about his ethics and failure to uphold the Hippocratic Oath.
Last fall I had a medical test performed. A new patient, I was given the forms to fill out on a clip board. The last form was a petition to sign opposing the health care bill. After the procedure, I saw a basket of granola bars and each one had a sticker opposing the legislation. In speaking with other medical professionals about this (I had to go to several during this time), even the ones that opposed the bill were taken aback, saying that it crossed the line.

Old 04-04-2010, 08:28 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,845,032 times
Alan Grayson shouldnt be looking to punish anyone that isnt his job
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies