Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2010, 03:25 PM

4,183 posts, read 6,508,912 times

Advertisements

Discuss.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2010, 03:44 PM

37,083 posts, read 42,056,772 times
I agree.

Old 04-03-2010, 03:49 PM

Let's hear it from the fiscal conservatives. Do you agree with health care rationing?

Old 04-03-2010, 03:51 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,833,055 times
That is why this law should never have been passed to begin with. It is the patient's choice to be fiscally conservative with the medical treatment of their own body. If paitents are funding their own healthcare, as I believe we all should, we control our own destiny as it pertains to the amount of health services received. Now the government does because it dictates "acceptable treatment" to the insurance companies through the office of DHH.

We are now nothing more than statistics and numbers on a government balance sheet. We are stripped of our humanity. The whole "socialized medicine" arguement, for this reason above all others, is shameful.

Old 04-03-2010, 03:53 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,253,512 times
No I don't agree. That's not being fiscally conservative. When you play "God" that is something else entirely. When a panel gets to decide treatment, drugs, even if they can have it..that is stepping over the line.

And that's all I'll post on this.

Old 04-03-2010, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
That is why this law should never have been passed to begin with. It is the patient's choice to be fiscally conservative with the medical treatment of their own body. If they are funding their own healthcare, as I believe we all should, we control our own destiny. Now the government does because it dictates "acceptable treatment" to the insurance companies through the office of DHH.

We are now nothing more than statistics and numbers on a government balance sheet. We are stripped of our humanity. The whole "socialized medicine" arguement, for this reason above all others, is shameful.
Forget about the health care law, as this thread has nothing to do with that. I'm asking a general question here: if you are a fiscal conservative, do you support health care rationing? Do you believe this is consistent with your principles?

Old 04-03-2010, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
No I don't agree. That's not being fiscally conservative. When you play "God" that is something else entirely. When a panel gets to decide treatment, drugs, even if they can have it..that is stepping over the line.

And that's all I'll post on this.
Are you saying fiscal conservatism stops when dealing with matters of life and death? Fiscal conservatives become free-spending liberals when they or their loved ones' lives are on the line?

Old 04-03-2010, 04:02 PM

Health care rationing meets the definition of fiscal conservatism. Fiscal conservatives advocate the rational utilization of scarce resources. They advocate not spending money you don't have. So, I would expect fiscal conservatives to be the first to pull the plug on your 100 year old grandma who has Alzheimer's, is destitute, and is a drain on taxpayers' money.

Old 04-03-2010, 04:02 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,833,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndfmnlf View Post
Forget about the health care law, as this thread has nothing to do with that. I'm asking a general question here: if you are a fiscal conservative, do you support health care rationing? Do you believe this is consistent with your principles?
It has everything to do with government control over healthcare and medical treatment resources. To eliminate the source of who is paying for the healthcare (government or patient) from the discussion is intellectually dishonest.

What I do with my own money is one thing. What the government does with my tax dollars is quite another. The control of the power of life/death over the law abiding taxpayer via medical resource by the government and the government alone is unacceptable.

Old 04-03-2010, 04:03 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,253,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndfmnlf View Post
Are you saying fiscal conservatism stops when dealing with matters of life and death? Fiscal conservatives become free-spending liberals when they or their loved ones' lives are on the line?
Not when it's rationed and not when the decision is made by someone else or a panel.

Your question was about rationing..self-rationing or being rationed ?
Self-rationing is YOU making that decision for yourself otherwise it's a person or panel playing GOD and deciding who gets it and who doesn't.
Think corruption/greed won't work it's way into that panel ?

That's why I'm totally against it from the start.
Don't even go there I say.

Hitler rationed didn't he ? But it didn't start out like that did it ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies