Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2010, 02:13 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,840,100 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HummerLuvr View Post
Because they were JOURNALISTS maybe.......if they were in fact "embedded" with terrorists. Are journalist supposed to tell the story from ONLY ONE PERSPECTIVE, that of the U.S., rather than exploring all sides? I believe the term "embedded" is a term created by the U.S. military for journalists traveling with U.S. troops.........now why would such a term apply to journalists who were not traveling with U.S. troops? Do you suppose that the people fighting with the U.S. in Iraq are going to adopt our methods and procedures? Is it possible that journalists in Iraq have actually traveled around the country reporting WITHOUT being "embedded" with anyone at all? Is it possible that journalists have done stories in various places when they were NOT "embedded" with U.S. troops? The implication that those two journalists deserved to die and got what they DESERVED because they were where they were is disgusting.

Stupid question.
I didn't say they deserved to die, I said they were stupid for going out in a war zone "unmarked", hanging around men with AKs and RPGs. Sorry, but that IS stupid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2010, 02:18 PM

470 posts, read 460,768 times
Hey hummer, what do you guys want? Refs on the battlefield? Did you want the helicopter to land and check with the guys to see if they were the enemy or not? I mean come on, you people are ridiculous here. Since you seem to have all the answers, why don't you send your resume to the DoD and get a job.

Old 04-07-2010, 02:27 PM

533 posts, read 317,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I didn't say they deserved to die, I said they were stupid for going out in a war zone "unmarked", hanging around men with AKs and RPGs. Sorry, but that IS stupid.
"that IS stupid" = they deserved to die.

Old 04-07-2010, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by db1025 View Post
Hey hummer, what do you guys want? Refs on the battlefield? Did you want the helicopter to land and check with the guys to see if they were the enemy or not? I mean come on, you people are ridiculous here. Since you seem to have all the answers, why don't you send your resume to the DoD and get a job.
I'm asking questions. WHY did our military attempt to hide what really happened in this incident?

I don't need a job.

Old 04-07-2010, 02:32 PM

4,183 posts, read 6,507,916 times
This is a snuff video that chickenhawks, I'm sure, like to watch. People such as Bush, Cheney, and Sanrene who've never actually served in combat get a hard on watching civilians being mowed down by our Apache helicopters in a blatant case of overkill. It's more titillating than watching a partial birth abortion.

Old 04-07-2010, 02:43 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,918,160 times
Quote:

Very illogical statement on your part.

Stupid is an error in action or judgment. It is assessment of ones choice made.

How does that equate to "deserves to die" which is an assessment of ones punishment due to their actions.

Have you ever called someone stupid or said they did a stupid action? By your reasoning, you must have wanted them dead right?

Your argument is absurd, if not stupid itself.

Old 04-07-2010, 02:44 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,895,805 times

From Namir Noor-Eldeen and Saeed Chmagh (http://www.thebaron.info/namirnooreldeenandsaeedchmagh.html - broken link)

The ground troops were taking fire. The apache is up looking for the source. The journalist actually takes a picture of the humvee column, meaning he pointed it at them. Looking at the .gif, it looks like weapons to me. Those pilots found this group, no other people, with items that look like weapons, their guys taking fire, they pointed the devices towards the troops, the pilots need to make a decision or risk their guys getting hit by an rpg...hmm it's very easy to see what the outcome would be. Journalists who embed themselves with troops assume the same risks the troops do. I cannot fault them for taking out the journalists and the group with them.

Once again though, the van being destroyed is indefensible.

Last edited by 11thHour; 04-07-2010 at 02:54 PM.. Reason: add link

Old 04-07-2010, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
Very illogical statement on your part.

Stupid is an error in action or judgment. It is assessment of ones choice made.

How does that equate to "deserves to die" which is an assessment of ones punishment due to their actions.

Have you ever called someone stupid or said they did a stupid action? By your reasoning, you must have wanted them dead right?

Your argument is absurd, if not stupid itself.
consider the statement in context. Certainly you can do that.

Old 04-07-2010, 02:46 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,840,100 times
Quote:
Maybe to you that's what it means.

So...I guess we are now in agreement those guys had an RPG and AKs, a FACT which many on this thread refused to admit.

Old 04-07-2010, 02:55 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,895,805 times
Here's the full length video, not the edited 17 minute one posted earlier. Not sure if this one's been posted yet:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=is9sx...os=LGeF6M6UuiQ
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies