Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2010, 05:20 PM

3,047 posts, read 2,825,889 times

Advertisements

"Obama who has referred to himself a “White Sox kid” during the interview, was hard pressed to name a favorite player on a team that has been around since the late 19th century."

YouTube - Obama Can't Name Any ChiSox Players?

We should assume that everything he says is a lie until proven otherwise. You won’t be disappointed that way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2010, 05:22 PM

2,500 posts, read 2,929,222 times
He also throws like a girl, and this is the second time we've seen that. He really should stick to basketball. And this is coming from someone who actually likes the guy.

Old 04-05-2010, 05:28 PM

6,183 posts, read 6,074,281 times
I'm an avid baseball fan and I can't name more than 5 White Sox players during Obama's lifetime. Talk about an obscured franchise. Pudge, Steve Carlton (for like a year), the knuckleballer whose name escapes me, anyone want to try their hand?

Old 04-05-2010, 05:31 PM

3,047 posts, read 2,825,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringTheContent View Post
He also throws like a girl, and this is the second time we've seen that. He really should stick to basketball. And this is coming from someone who actually likes the guy.

The probable reason he wore the White Sox ball cap was so his sycophants in the press could explain that it was his hat that people were booing and jeering when he walked out to the mound.

Old 04-05-2010, 05:31 PM

1,251 posts, read 2,513,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
I'm an avid baseball fan and I can't name more than 5 White Sox players during Obama's lifetime. Talk about an obscured franchise. Pudge, Steve Carlton (for like a year), the knuckleballer whose name escapes me, anyone want to try their hand?
You and the president should both be ashamed! Gordon Beckham, Alexi Ramirez, Paul Konerko, Mark Buehrle, Jake Peavy.

Watchout Twins and Tigers!

Old 04-05-2010, 05:35 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,845,032 times
As a Red Sox fan since 2004 I can name

Big Papi
Manny Rameriz
Johnathan Papelbon
Tim Walkefield
Veritek
Kevin Youkulis
Mike Lowell
Dustin Pedoria
Lugo
Green
Jacoby Ellisbury
JD Drew
Josh Beckett
Curt Schilling
Dice K
I think you get the point
If someone is a real fan of a team they can name many of the players

Heck I just started watching Football last year and I can name almost the entire starting line up for the Vikings. So I dont buy excuses for a true fan

Old 04-05-2010, 05:37 PM

37,963 posts, read 22,147,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DraggingCanoe View Post
"Obama who has referred to himself a “White Sox kid” during the interview, was hard pressed to name a favorite player on a team that has been around since the late 19th century."

YouTube - Obama Can't Name Any ChiSox Players?

We should assume that everything he says is a lie until proven otherwise. You won’t be disappointed that way.
He has no clue, because he only claims to be a White Sox fan for political gain. BTW he throws the ball like someone who has never played the game either. I do like how the reporter sounded disgusted with 0bama's long-winded non answer; at least he kept it under 17 min.

Old 04-05-2010, 05:40 PM

6,183 posts, read 6,074,281 times
Ers, I'm talking about White Sox players from when O was growing up. I can name most of the team now. Outside of Pudge, I don't think the 20th century Sox had too many players of note.

Old 04-05-2010, 05:43 PM

2,500 posts, read 2,929,222 times
Quote:
Frank Thomas?

Mark Buehrle who threw a perfect game last year and almost threw a second one in his next start?

Bobby Jenks, Jake Peavy, Tony Pena, reclamation project J.J Putz?

A.J. Pierzynski, who will have a job in World Wrestling Entertainment when his baseball career is over?

Paul Konerko, Omar Vizquel, Andruw Jones, Juan Pierre; all solid players in various stages of their respective careers?

They also won a World Series in 2005.

Old 04-05-2010, 05:45 PM

1,251 posts, read 2,513,545 times
Quote:
Ers, I'm talking about White Sox players from when O was growing up. I can name most of the team now. Outside of Pudge, I don't think the 20th century Sox had too many players of note.
Ahh, got it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies