Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2010, 09:48 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,276,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Funk View Post
Soccersupporter !!! ... Great Subject Matter Indeed !

Just one more prime example of a "Nutty Loon" which unfortunately is the core makeup of most the liberal media these days !

Thanks / Old Sgt. Lamar
If you guys missed a day of Rush you wouldn't know what to post about at night. You're so predictable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2010, 09:53 PM

838 posts, read 979,685 times
I'll just say that although I'm an extremely liberal Social Democrat and loyal member of the Democratic Party, I can't stand Chris Matthews. He's loud, obnoxious and incredibly rude. He never lets his guests get a word in, he interrupts people, he is arrogant, he oversimplifies the issues and demonizes anyone who disagrees with him... He considers himself a respectable journalist but I see him in roughly the same light as O'Reilly and friends...

For that matter, I'm not a big fan of Olbermann either. I see him as being extremely pompous and pretentious; he fits the unfortunate stereotype of an elitist, well-to-do East Coast liberal a little too well... He also can be quite petty in his treatment of his 'enemies' -- the stupid voices he uses when he mocks quotes by Republicans is extremely childish. However, in contrast with Matthews, Olbermann is quite intelligent and does make great points.

Really, of the main pundits on MSNBC the only one I really like is Rachel Maddow. She is much more respectable, incredibly intelligent, far more fair and has a lot more tact. Plus, she has a PhD in political science! (I'm currently earning one of those, so I may be biased...)

Old 04-05-2010, 09:55 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,276,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ever Adrift View Post
I'll just say that although I'm an extremely liberal Social Democrat and loyal member of the Democratic Party, I can't stand Chris Matthews. He's loud, obnoxious and incredibly rude. He never lets his guests get a word in, he interrupts people, he is arrogant, he oversimplifies the issues and demonizes anyone who disagrees with him, he acts like many issues are black and white...
I agree and I'm a liberal democrat as well.

Old 04-05-2010, 09:57 PM

52,328 posts, read 34,040,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
If you guys missed a day of Rush you wouldn't know what to post about at night. You're so predictable.
infinitely more predictable is the leftist poster who shrieks about rush in response to a post that is utterly devoid in mentions of him.

although it is somewhat surprising that you failed to bloviate about fox news or glenn beck

Old 04-05-2010, 09:57 PM

48,505 posts, read 96,582,961 times
Matthews is a long time democratic politcal operative that worked in many campaigns.Like so many they turned to televison when it became a easy gig for such people.He tinks alot of himself for playing such a minor role really but he does have more different opinioned people on his show than many.

Old 04-05-2010, 10:02 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,594,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccersupporter View Post
I don't have a problem with either being used just, the pure hypocrisy of the left.
There have already been a few of us "leftists" who have said we don't care for Chris Matthews. Do you think that all liberals agree with Chris Matthews? It's clear that we don't.

Old 04-05-2010, 10:08 PM

38,610 posts, read 26,256,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmkcin View Post
I listened to the speech he gave at the end of his show, and he was absolutely right. and if you think Chris Matthews is nothing more than a showman. He's a man with a degree in politics and has worked for some of this nation's best politicians. What are Glenn Beck's credentials? Being a circus freak.

But of course people who watch and repsond to Fox News have already decided that the Obama Administration was an evil regime that needs to be taken out by force--sound familiar. And those people see no legitamcy to President Obama for whatever reasons, well can think of one off the top of my head. But President Bush was a giant among men. please.

He is the elected Head of State and Head of Government-very unique among western democracies.

Seriously?

Glenn Beck forces resignation of NEA staffer

When did Matthews send someone packing?

mediabistro.com: TVNewser

Even Palin crushed his sorry butt.

Old 04-05-2010, 10:17 PM

38,610 posts, read 26,256,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
You just have to keep in mind that he's primarily an entertainer, although I think he sees himself primarily as a "straight" journalist. I would compare him to Sean Hannity, who also uses a blend of news and opinion in his presentations.

mediabistro.com: TVNewser

They are both entertainers in the same way Meg White and John Bonham are both drummers.

Old 04-05-2010, 10:18 PM

1,089 posts, read 652,794 times
Chris "Tweety" Matthews is by no means a liberal or partisan. He is an equally oportunity offender - plus he voted for George W. Bush in 2000. When Bush gave his "Mission Accomplished" speech May 1, 2003, Matthews declared "we are all Neocons Now."

Matthews attacks "netroots": "A lot of those people are troublemakers who love to sit in the back seat and complain"

Chris Matthews still needs to apologize -- to Obama
Chris Matthews accidentally denounces Chris Matthews
Chris Matthews' big, fat hypocrisy
"Clinton-hating, liberal-bashing misogynist Chris Matthews."

Old 04-05-2010, 11:17 PM

78,866 posts, read 46,401,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmkcin View Post
I listened to the speech he gave at the end of his show, and he was absolutely right. and if you think Chris Matthews is nothing more than a showman. He's a man with a degree in politics and has worked for some of this nation's best politicians.

With the wave of anti-incumbent feeling, I'm glad you see and pointed out his major fault.

Trees/Forest
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies