Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 05:32 AM

704 posts, read 1,871,828 times

Advertisements

I try not to make a habit of it, but I was listening to Rush's show yesterday and Rush was commenting on how unpopular Obama has become that he was roundly booed yesterday when he threw out the cerimonial first pitch at the Washington Nationals baseball game. I thought to myslef, hmm, that's unfortunate and didn't really think anything more of it.

Until... I got home yesterday evening and I saw the clip that Rush was referring to of the President getting booed. Obama did get booed, but only after playfully taunting the crowd and donning a Chicago White Sox hat! That's why he was getting booed, was because of the White Sox hat, not because he's just so unpopular with the American people as Rush reported.

Needless to say then I was mad. WHat was Rush trying to get away with? Does he honestly think that just because he's on the radio people can't call him on his B.S. and find out the truth about the drivel he presents as "entertainment"? Further proof that Limbaugh does nothing of value and just takes advantage of the feeble minded automatons that gleefully turn to him to be told what to think. Al Franken had it right oh so many years ago, "Rush Limbaugh is a Big Fat Idiot." Not only is it a good book, but it is true.

Last edited by dsrich98; 04-06-2010 at 06:58 AM.. Reason: fixed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2010, 05:38 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,771,962 times
Rush Limpjaw is a Big Fat Rich Idiot that knows how to enrage his followers so they vote against their best interests over trivia like this. Telling the truth is NOT a requirement of Rush’s job and he rarely does so because telling the truth would confuse the idiots believing in his propaganda.

Old 04-06-2010, 05:47 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,526,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsrich98 View Post
I try not to make a habit of it, but I was listening to Rush's show yesterday and Rush was commenting on how unpopular Obama has become that he was roundly booed yesterday when he threw out the cerimonial first pitch at the Washington Nationals baseball game. I thought to myslef, hmm, that's unfortunate and didn't really think anything more of it.

Until... I got home yesterday evening and I saw the lip that Rush was referring to of the President getting booed. Obama did get booed, but only after playfully taunting the crowd and donning a Chicago White Sox hat! That's why he was getting booed, was because of the White Sox hat, not because he's just so unpopular with the American people as Rush reported.

Needless to say then I was mad. WHat was Rush trying to get away with? Does he honestly think that just because he's on the radio people can't call him on his B.S. and find out the truth about the drivel he presents as "entertainment"? Further proof that Limbaugh does nothing of value and just takes advantage of the feeble minded automatons that gleefully turn to him to be told what to think. Al Franken had it right oh so many years ago, "Rush Limbaugh is a Big Fat Idiot." Not only is it a good book, but it is true.

Try calling his show sometime and see if you can get on the air with a refutation of something he's said. Good luck with that.

I recall several years ago when someone accidently got through the gatekeepers and actually made it to talking with Limbaugh on-air. The guy asked him why he didn't go to Vietnam. Rush's response? WHAM, he was disconnected right quick and Limbaugh said something like, "Well..we've already talked about that."

The one thing he WON'T do is debate with his callers. His show is not about discussing the issues, it's about what Rush thinks.

Old 04-06-2010, 05:51 AM

37,801 posts, read 41,003,240 times
I didn't see Obama's baseball appearance or hear Rush's show (thanks for contributing to his ratings) but didn't I read in another City Data thread they were booing Obama because he threw like a girl?

Old 04-06-2010, 05:54 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,148,897 times
He's a "big fat lying liar" and I have no sympathy for the people who trust him.

Old 04-06-2010, 06:01 AM

1,045 posts, read 2,657,694 times
I always like to hear from the right what their concerns are regarding some issue. However, I certainly wouldn't rely on Rush's show for that. He's entitled to his own show and viewers though no matter how nuts he may be. If you don't like him, then just stop listening to him.

Old 04-06-2010, 06:05 AM

704 posts, read 1,871,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I didn't see Obama's baseball appearance or hear Rush's show (thanks for contributing to his ratings) but didn't I read in another City Data thread they were booing Obama because he threw like a girl?

His throw was quite terrible as well. From what I saw they were booing because of the hat and they may have booed because of the throw as well. But either way it was not because of people disliking his policies as Rush tried to tell his listeners. Unless the policy in question is his love of the White Sox.

Old 04-06-2010, 06:12 AM

2,538 posts, read 3,876,170 times
Rush makes millions off his BS, and if lying keeps the $$$ rolling in, I guess a person with his lack of character will just continue to lie. The man has no conscience. Karma can be cruel, and he'll get his payback some way, some how.

Old 04-06-2010, 06:31 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,771,962 times
Obama is no baseball player but he did get some laughs and ritual boos for the white sox cap.

Old 04-06-2010, 06:32 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,220,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
He's a "big fat lying liar" and I have no sympathy for the people who trust him.
he said Obama got booed. he got booed what was a lie?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies